forget what?

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: New or Used?
Reply #16 - 05/16/11 at 12:48:58

The Big Difference 'tween New & Used is,, those 3 THOUSAND dollars you can use to take your first road trip,, buy good riding gear, get some tools, rain gear,, saddle bags,, its a Big Difference,, If I could go back & do it over, no way would I buy new. Ohh, yea,, youll have $$$ for a new exhaust & cam.. & carb jets

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
HJH

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cheyenne, WY
Reply #17 - 05/16/11 at 13:13:16

If you have decided to buy new, why ask?  Were you looking for advice or agreement?
I'll never buy new again, although I bought a dozen motocrossers and enduros new.  Most motorcycles start out as very good ideas for lots of folks, then lose their luster and sit.  When the owners realize the bikes have become garage ornaments, they suddenly are for sale.  I once had a motorhome just like that.
I bought a used '02 Savage with 3700 miles, ridden by a lady who never shut the choke off but only rode 400 miles over 4 years.  Aside from changing the spark plug, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the bike.  The same week there were two S40s for sale withion 80 miles for less than $3000.  You'll be surprised what you find used if you have some patience, but I was young and impatient once, too.  I've decided used was better since I can use the $4500 I saved for other things.

Silver '02, Dyna, Raptor Petcock, VM carb at 6000 ft, Q2 needle, 12.5 pilot, 170 main, UFO, Verslavy, Pirelli 150/90, Plexistar 2 Windshield, K&N filter, Tourmaster II bag, Progressive Shocks
  IP Logged
jandaso

Do you want fries
with that?

Reply #18 - 05/16/11 at 14:01:37

I will always buy used!...i found my bike 3 hours away from atlanta for 1500!! a 2006 S40 with only 3500 miles on it!!! i was patience and it payed off!!! good hunting !!!

2006 S40 - Mikuni VM38 (UFO and Dial-a-Jet), K&N filter, Barnett Clutch, Dyna Muffler, and Verslavy.
  IP Logged
larrydavidbestdude
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 05/16/11 at 15:51:13

well as of today my buddy let me ride around his fxr and since he is such a nice guy he gave me the keys till i get my own bike...i think i just bit off more than i can chew...gonna wait it out till i find a good priced savage

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #20 - 05/16/11 at 16:35:35

I would go used, low mileage.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #21 - 05/16/11 at 17:00:02

Late model used.
Just be sure it hasn't been hacked, especially the carb !

My definition of hacked,....modified by someone that didn't have a clue

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #22 - 05/16/11 at 17:05:15

Routy wrote on 05/16/11 at 17:00:02:
Late model used.
Just be sure it hasn't been hacked, especially the carb !

My definition of hacked,....modified by someone that didn't have a clue

The thing is there is no way to know when you buy used.If it don't have stock muffler most likely it been messed with.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #23 - 05/16/11 at 18:12:38

I have people in my family who buy the best of everything--brand fire new. They have to work constantly and pay people like me to mow the lawns, unplug the plumbing, etc. I save a gazillion on repairs and enjoy the time with my family. I even tried to teach my wife to change the oil in my pickup. Time spent together. It ended in an oil accident that couldn't have been scripted by Hollywood any more perfectly. Buying new is no sign you will receive competent help when you need it under warranty. My advice is to buy used for the reasons listed, but my advice is free and not binding. When I look at anything over $50 I think of how much time it will cost me, or nowadays, my wife, to pay for it. jmo Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Silly Ogre

Former S40 Owner

Stuarts Draft VA
Reply #24 - 05/16/11 at 18:25:41

I let the first owner take the hit on depreciation...I bought an 06 with 2500 miles a pretty common find for couple thousand less than new...I could not be happier...

2009 V-Star Classic 650...Silly Ogre is what one of my twin daughters call me...Guess I remind her of Shrek LOL...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 15:31:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New or Used?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.