Send Topic Print
New s40 Owner (Read 212 times)
GuidoNCSU
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New s40 Owner
05/15/11 at 18:33:15

I recently bought a 2011 Boulevard s40. I'm looking around for parts, but most places only specify up to 2006 models... even Clymer only goes up to 2009.  Does anyone know of an updated shop manual for the 2011 model and/or is there that much of a difference between mid 2000's models and the 2011?

I want to get a straight pipe for the bike because the stock muffler is too quiet.  Any suggestions?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: New s40 Owner
Reply #1 - 05/15/11 at 18:47:48

Theyre all the same,  just get one & slap it on there.. you sure you want a straight pipe? Yea, itll be louder, but you gonna get the performance ya want?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
lakegastonpack1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/15/11 at 20:52:59

Good luck with the new bike. I haven't had mine long, but so far, so good, and this site can help you with almost any question you may have. And with a username like that, I assume you got to be a good Wolfpacker??!!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 05/15/11 at 21:37:26

Ohh, & BTW, you gonna hafta rejet..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #4 - 05/16/11 at 06:20:08

I put a drag pipe from Blue Collar Bobbers on my bike. It sounds good and I didn't have to rejet it. It all depends on where you live on if/how you rejet the carb, also each bike is different. Here is a link for the drag pipe
http://bluecollarbobbers.com/web/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=...

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
GuidoNCSU
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/16/11 at 09:23:57

Thanks everyone for the replies.  I'm expecting the rejet so I'll be prepared for that. I was mainly concerned about getting the right fit for the model year.

The stock muffler is just too quiet for my taste so I'd like for my thumper to make more noise.  That being said, I'm open to suggestions on other ways to make that happen.

As far as a shop manual goes, I saw that Clymer has appendices for up to 2009... is this still the best manual to get or is there another that would be better for the 2011?

Thanks for the link to bluecollarbobbers.  Are there any other good sites for parts/gear?

thanks again all. Go Pack!

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #6 - 05/16/11 at 09:30:54

Harley take-offs are cheap and effective. Many on here have used them and here's a link that Serowbot created on how to do it:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1298689417

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #7 - 05/16/11 at 10:16:42

Please clear up my confusion.
You have a new 2011 S-40 right?
Other than exhaust what are
you looking to change? kim

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #8 - 05/16/11 at 10:22:51

The only real differences between the mid 2000s and your 2011 is cosmetic. Drive trains are the same.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
GuidoNCSU
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 05/16/11 at 10:39:01

kimchris1 wrote on 05/16/11 at 10:16:42:
Please clear up my confusion.
You have a new 2011 S-40 right?
Other than exhaust what are
you looking to change? kim

yes, it's a new 2011

Cosmetic stuff. Mirrors, grips, pegs, seat... etc.  Customization items.

Aside from the exhaust, I don't plan on changing anything for a while.  the exhaust is the only thing I want to change about the engine.

I'm just looking for info on any parts dealers for future reference.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 05/16/11 at 13:10:10

Real cheap start,, A Dyna muffler, sounds better, looks really nice on this bike  & opens the air flow up, so, theres some Bump in power.
You dont like that one, then yuo can spend some $$$ on the options, If youre after Max Performance, the Supertrapp is an option. Not as pretty, but tunable.  If I was gonna suggest anything, Id suggest you take a deep breath & take your time,, You may want more mods than just the pipe,, make sure the long term mods will work well together. If youre gonna want to go with a hotter cam or maybe a Lot Hotter cam & a bigger carb,, well,, it would stink to lay down a load O $$$ for a pipe only to discover it wont let ya make all the power the bike can make.
However you go about it, Ill bet in a ew years, youll still be diggin the bike.. welcome!

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #11 - 05/16/11 at 16:25:46

I just put two of these on my S50.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/dunstall-style-megaphone-muffler/p2006467.jcwx
Very nice sound and easy install.  The universal bracket looks like it would be an easy fit on an S40.  Here's how they look on the bike.  This angle doesn't show very well just how long they are but if you look close you can see they extend beyond the brake drum.  About 4" longer than stock.

IP Logged
GuidoNCSU
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 05/16/11 at 17:09:57

That s50 looks sweet.

I"m going to try out the Dyna muffler first and see how that goes.  Found one for 25 bucks.  Seems to be an easier, cheaper, and more easily reversible mod. Smiley

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #13 - 05/16/11 at 17:10:32

I had one of those on my S40 it did sound good,But because it hit the brake cable,I didn't want to mess with it so put stock back on.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #14 - 05/16/11 at 17:23:58

I personally like the sound of the Jardine Rumbler slip on that I bought....low rumble at idle and real good sound at cruising speeds. At least thats my opinion  Grin

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/06/24 at 03:55:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New s40 Owner

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.