Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Rattlesnake Steals Bike. (Read 203 times)
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Re: Rattlesnake Steals Bike.
Reply #15 - 05/12/11 at 08:58:05

If you do have to hand-raise the bunnies, you'll have to get some rabbit poop when it comes time to put them on solid food.  Rabbits (like termites!) have a colony of symbiotic bacteria in their guts that lets them digest their food.  They pick it up from eating momma's pellets.  (Rabbits often eat their own pellets -- still lots of digestible material in there for a second pass.)

If the bunnies don't get the bacteria, they get diarrhea and die.

That's why a lot of websites and other sources say you can't raise orphan rabbits.  You can, but you need poop!

Squirrels, however, are easy!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Re: Rattlesnake Steals Bike.
Reply #16 - 05/12/11 at 12:42:23

BBH, after Mr snake got in the nest momma will move em if she's still around. If he did hurt her and she's not well Mr snake may well come back. They got their chance now its up to nature to take its course.

Yeah Doc, baby rabbits aint no fun to raise. We used to raise gobs of the white rabbits when i was a kid. Got to hate the d@mned things. Biteing kicking screaming poop machines. Get to hot or to cold and they just croak left n right. I got the pleasure of haveing to scoop shovel up their leaveings as well as feed and water em and clean out their cages.

High point was playing with the babies. Low point was butchering them.
Rather raise hogs as rabbits and you can have them baby squirrels too! Nothing but teeth n fur. Course them two baby coons last year were nothing but empty stomachs, claws n teeth. But they were so cute n cuddely...untill they hit about 5lbs each and developed their personalities. One was sweet as sugar and the other was just pi$$y. Got the scars to prove it...lol

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 01:25:15

General CategoryThe Cafe › Rattlesnake Steals Bike.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.