Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hmm decisions... (Read 196 times)
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Hmm decisions...
05/08/11 at 04:42:01

It is going to be a gorgeous day to go out for a ride but i need to go fill out a job application. Do i make my first impression by rolling up on the bike with helemt head or do i go by car?

kfink@aol.com kfink@aol.com   IP Logged
TheSnakeLady

Thumpers Rule!!!

Central New York
Re: Hmm decisions...
Reply #1 - 05/08/11 at 04:50:06

Take the bike, you are who you are, if they don't like that then they can sit on it. Wink

My ride is a 2005 LS650, customized with ISO grips, cone air filter, stage 1 jets, Jardine exhaust, solo seat, AM turn sigs, and a catseye tail light. Next year, custom paint job (hopefully)!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 05/08/11 at 04:51:58

Thats a tuff one..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Reply #3 - 05/08/11 at 04:55:14

Its a cashier position in a small deli in a small community and the perfect job for me being disabled. I know i shoudl take the car but it is sucha nice day and a beautiful ride there.

justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 05/08/11 at 04:59:06

Well, maybe theyll be smart about it & hire ya, cuz everyone knows guys hang out where gals who ride are..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #5 - 05/08/11 at 05:07:29

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/08/11 at 04:59:06:
Well, maybe theyll be smart about it & hire ya, cuz everyone knows guys hang out where gals who ride are..

+ Grin

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
joscswny
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NH
Reply #6 - 05/08/11 at 05:19:10

Take the bike and wear

French Braid: 'cause you ride a thunmper.

Twin Braids: 'cause you are good with people and there's room for two.

Tight pony tail: again 'cause you ride a thumper.

No helmet head.  You look great and you get the job.

IP Logged
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Reply #7 - 05/08/11 at 05:26:30

I will definately braid the long hair. I live in a state that requires helmets so helmet hair will definately be in my future.

arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #8 - 05/08/11 at 05:35:45

Years ago my wife's hair was in twin braids and was pulled over because the cop thought it was her helmet straps undone. Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 05/08/11 at 07:28:36

you are disabled and you ride a m/c... says something about you right there.  If not disabled by m/c, then it says you may be physically limited, but it's not a crutch it's a mountain to overcome.

you go girl   Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Reply #10 - 05/08/11 at 07:55:56

I have Multiple Sclerosis and i have learned to not let it dictate my life. I know what i can and cant do and dont overdue anything. I love my bike and the fresh air it is very freeing for my soul and lets me forgget for a awhile that i have medical issues. Cheesy
Thankyou for the kind words Ver.
The decision has been made it is going to be helmet head. I need the fresh air.

houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #11 - 05/08/11 at 09:42:21

A "Me too" on verslagen1's post.  I have known many people with some limitations.  Only some of them were "handicapped."  It is a state of mind, and very powerful.

Short story about Don.  He is a mid thigh amputee.  He does not have handicapped plates on his truck.  If you ask him why, he will look at you like you are insane, and say "Because I am not handicapped."  He is a hell of a guy.

In short, ride the bike, and ware a head sock.  Smiley

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #12 - 05/08/11 at 10:01:46

My wife has MS too. She does what she can and doesn't p*ss and moan about her life, as you don't.
A case in point: when she was first diagnosed they suggested we go to a support  group where MS victims could talk about their problems and support each other. All they talked about is how life was a pregnant dog and their husbands had left them etc. My wife said she would never go back because they were so negative. She used to do art, and became discouraged when she lost fine motor control of her hands, then she did art anyway, and learned to use the shakiness to effect.
We have been living with it for 29 years, and she still does not complain overly much at all.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Reply #13 - 05/08/11 at 10:38:45

Went and filled out the application on the bike. Found out my ribs are still very sore from going down a month ago, was supposed to go out with a forum member but didnt want to push myself too far.. Art I am glad that your wife is using the MS as a positive and not a negitive. I also found out that the support groups were for the weary ones that liked to complain. I think the negitivity and seeing the extent of the disabilty of others have scared me away. I am considered federally disabled but have had jobs albeit for the most of the past 13 yrs since i have been diagnosed. Thankyou for sharing your and your wifes experience with me. Kristen  Cheesy

WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #14 - 05/08/11 at 13:11:40

Good for you KristenAnn. Anyplace that won't hire someone who rides isn't someplace you'd want to work anyway. Get your riding out in the open from the word go, saves headaches later. Or heartaches if you like the job and they let you go for having a motorcycle.

My wife has been on federal diasability for years but still works as much as she can when she can. She still rides too.

I've got an 85% rating, still have a CDL and until 2 months ago was in a Peterbilt 5 days a week. Kept my cane between the seats. I'm qualified for disabled plates but don't have them, if I'm having a low mobility or "wobbly" day I take my cane. If I fall down, so be it, I can get back up eventually. Parking closer wouldn't help that and I'm otherwise healthy. I'll get them when I feel an actual need for them, besides, Lisa drives most of the time when we go somewhere. Her subaru tends to shut my feet and/or legs off.

One of my favorite fellow counselors at Boy Scout summer camp had MD. Other than walking funny he did everything we did with a few (very few) exceptions. He was even on one of the wildland fire supression teams. Another good friend had MS but was at every district level training activity,every camporee, every camp facility work party.

We've had leg amputees and guys with leg braces as forum members here. Only slowed them down a little bit.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 21:25:56

General CategoryThe Cafe › Hmm decisions...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.