Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for owner in/near Newport, RI (Read 75 times)
avramd
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Looking for owner in/near Newport, RI
05/06/11 at 07:03:49

Hey Everyone,

I've recently become interested in the Savage/B S40. I ride a Honda SuperHawk on the highway, and currently ride a Suzuki SV650 around town. The idea behind the SV was that the hawk gets horrible fuel economy, and is kinda heavy for around town stuff.

The SV is much better on both counts, and I don't really need to change anything. However I'm an addict I guess, always in pursuit of "the perfect ride." My top priorities in a bike are: great MPG, lots of low end torque, and easy handling.

Do any of you live near Newport, RI and would like to show off your bike to me and convince me that I should get one? From everything I've read, it is the perfect solution for both the "low end torque" and "high mpg" objectives. I've traditionally leaned towards sport bikes, but the look of the S40 is growing on me.

Obviously you would want to meet me before considering letting me actually ride your bike. But I'd still like to check one out even if I don't get to ride it - it would still be worthwhile to hear it, sit on it, and feel it with the engine revving. And if you do decide that I'm trustworthy enough, you would get to pick either of my bikes to join me on the ride.

PM me if willing to help!

Thanks,
Avram

p.s. Yes, there are some around for sale that I could probably test ride. But the one I would probably buy is 90 minutes away. Too far just to try it out, and it's just not fair to waste somebody else's time just so I can decide yes/no on the model, and then go buy a different bike.

IP Logged
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Re: Looking for owner in/near Newport, RI
Reply #1 - 05/06/11 at 07:40:44

Go to a dealership and try one out. I would let you come ride mine but i am a little to far. Near springfield,Ma. I love my bike and am so glad that i got it. Smiley

kfink@aol.com kfink@aol.com   IP Logged
avramd
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/06/11 at 07:50:46

I've never seen a dealer that lets people test-ride bikes. Perhaps they would for a used one, but even then I expect it would only be if I said that I would buy it if I liked it. That would not be true in this case since they would probably be asking close to double what the on I have my eye on is going for.

Yeah, you're far enough that I could just go out to the cape and ride the one I really am thinking of buying.

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/06/11 at 13:27:41

After reading your priorities " My top priorities in a bike are: great MPG, lots of low end torque, and easy handling." I think you would have been happier in the seventies when there were lots of light weight, well powered and great handling bikes.  Some tended to need some high revs for decent torque but otherwise they were great bikes and got great mileage.  

The EPA spoiled a lot of the fun and people started wanting more specialized bikes.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #4 - 05/06/11 at 16:27:48

i'm a little far from you, sorry.  

I would like to know more about the sv650 - what kind of fuel mileage do you get with it?  never ridden 1, but i like the looks

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #5 - 05/06/11 at 17:21:29

I really loved my Savage.. but I loved the look of the 250 ninja.
very comfortable, and about 70 mpg, it was the best move I ever made.
I cant ride any more because of a damaged left hand,but if it ever gets better I will be getting another ninja.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 12:44:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › Looking for owner in/near Newport, RI

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.