Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Problems with Superbrace? (Read 730 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Problems with Superbrace?
05/04/11 at 13:29:54

On Jan 15 I ordered a Superbrace from Cruiser customizing and was advised it was back ordered 3-6 weeks. I had some problems with the order (there was other stuff on it as well) so I cancelled that order and ordered directly from Superbrace on March 10. They originally told me 3 weeks,. When 4 weeks had elapsed I queried them again and was told 1-2 more weeks. I queried them yet again and was told they had manufacturing problems and were putting another shift on (no promise this time) I queried them last week and was told today that they "ordered the materials and will ship in 1-2 weeks." sup widat? Are they in trouble somehow? Anyone else had a problem with them? At least they havn't taken the money from my card yet.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Problems with Superbrace?
Reply #1 - 05/05/11 at 04:18:39

Thats the first complaint Ive heard abut that outfit.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Reply #2 - 05/05/11 at 06:50:13

Interesting that you should mention it; I placed an online order as well, with Cruiser Customizing no less, and recieved an update e-mail stating that due to "manufacturer delay"  my order was due to ship mid-May (I ordered in early April).  I didn't think much of it, but now I wonder....

I'll be waiting to see if I get another "update", in which case I'll prolly cancel and buy a TKat.  Unless said update is to tell me all is well and my order has shipped, 'o course!

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 05/05/11 at 07:08:24

Smokestack wrote on 05/05/11 at 06:50:13:
Interesting that you should mention it; I placed an online order as well, with Cruiser Customizing no less, and recieved an update e-mail stating that due to "manufacturer delay"  my order was due to ship mid-May (I ordered in early April).  I didn't think much of it, but now I wonder....

I'll be waiting to see if I get another "update", in which case I'll prolly cancel and buy a TKat.  Unless said update is to tell me all is well and my order has shipped, 'o course!

I figured it to be about $30-$40 cheaper direct as well. Cruiser Customizing's shipping is quite expensive. I had no responses to queries to Superbrace until I re-queried with an "anybody home?'

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
T2

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Frederick, CO
Reply #4 - 05/05/11 at 08:58:42

I ordered mine (direct) on 3/24, received a "2 week delay" response on 3/25.  On 5/3, I asked for an update - no response yet.
Terry

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #5 - 05/05/11 at 18:13:03

I ordered from SuperBrace direct last Fall, it came right away and I love it.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #6 - 05/10/11 at 14:26:36

T2 wrote on 05/05/11 at 08:58:42:
I ordered mine (direct) on 3/24, received a "2 week delay" response on 3/25.  On 5/3, I asked for an update - no response yet.
Terry

Have you had any feedback from them yet?

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 05/17/11 at 09:14:49

arteacher wrote on 05/04/11 at 13:29:54:
On Jan 15 I ordered a Superbrace from Cruiser customizing and was advised it was back ordered 3-6 weeks. I had some problems with the order (there was other stuff on it as well) so I cancelled that order and ordered directly from Superbrace on March 10. They originally told me 3 weeks,. When 4 weeks had elapsed I queried them again and was told 1-2 more weeks. I queried them yet again and was told they had manufacturing problems and were putting another shift on (no promise this time) I queried them last week and was told today that they "ordered the materials and will ship in 1-2 weeks." sup widat? Are they in trouble somehow? Anyone else had a problem with them? At least they haven't taken the money from my card yet.

After yet another two week promise, and no shipping, and no reply to  an e-mail I sent regarding this I've had enough! I cancelled the order, and am in the process of buying one from someone here.
They may have been great people to deal with last year, but tier service is lousy this year.

IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #8 - 05/19/11 at 21:20:49

Ok guys. I have a dumb question? What's the benefits of having a super race?

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
T2

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Frederick, CO
Reply #9 - 05/20/11 at 08:49:56

Super Brace is the brand name for one of the available fork braces.  A fork brace adds stiffness to the front suspension.  Less flex, better response to rider input.  And...the look pretty neat too  Cool
Terry

IP Logged
T2

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Frederick, CO
Reply #10 - 05/20/11 at 09:11:31

I just spoke with Chris at SuperBrace to discuss the delay in shipping the units we need for our 650's.  He said they have been swamped with a lot of small quantity orders, which complicates their manufacturing process because they make a few of one model, change out the machinery, make a few more of another model, etc.  The model for our 650's is in production right now and they expect to ship next week.   I'm going to hang in for this product because I've used them in the past for two other bikes and was very happy with the result.  (Plus, I don't have my kit to assemble yet!)  Smiley

I told Chris there were some unhappy campers in the RYCA clan on this site and provided him with the link to examine the RYCA kit.  The ball is in their court at this point.

Terry

IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #11 - 05/20/11 at 10:02:58

Thanks Terry I'd like to see it and know how it feels when you get it installed. Sounds great!

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #12 - 06/12/11 at 07:11:24

arteacher wrote on 05/04/11 at 13:29:54:
On Jan 15 I ordered a Superbrace from Cruiser customizing and was advised it was back ordered 3-6 weeks. I had some problems with the order (there was other stuff on it as well) so I cancelled that order and ordered directly from Superbrace on March 10. They originally told me 3 weeks,. When 4 weeks had elapsed I queried them again and was told 1-2 more weeks. I queried them yet again and was told they had manufacturing problems and were putting another shift on (no promise this time) I queried them last week and was told today that they "ordered the materials and will ship in 1-2 weeks." sup widat? Are they in trouble somehow? Anyone else had a problem with them? At least they havn't taken the money from my card yet.

Yet another problem- After cancelling the order on May 16 and requesting that they destroy my credit card info,  they billed my credit card on June 6 for $195, and never shipped anything! Angry Angry

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 06/12/11 at 07:22:22

Dang,, now ya get to waste your time by going to the bank & contesting the charge. You can call S/brace & ask for their accounts payable, send them a bill or your time & trouble.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #14 - 06/12/11 at 08:30:58

Just call your credit card company and tell them that the item was cancelled 3 weeks prior and to reverse the charge. Shouldn't be no biggie. Undecided

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 19:23:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Problems with Superbrace?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.