Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Battery, still No Go?? (Read 51 times)
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
New Battery, still No Go??
04/27/11 at 00:00:10

I know this doesn't relate to an LS650 but I thought some of you Bike experts might be able to help ...

A couple of weeks ago I decided to fire up my Kawasaki EX250-H (ZZ-R250 - Ninja) for the first time since December, but was a no-show due to kaput battery ... a test at a local Stealership showed the batt needed replacing, so I ordered a new one. Today it arrived and was told to pick it up after work as it would be fully charged by then. Picked up the new battery on way home and promptly installed in the Bike after supper ... imagine my disappointment when again no start!! Bike was acting like the battery didn't have hardly any juice ... near non-existant horn, weak neutral and oil lights and only a slight buzzing type chattering when the starter button was depressed. Tach needle jumped slightly at this time as well. I took battery out and checked it on my own Battery Tender and the light showed fully charged ... WTF??
Yes, Bike was in neutral and kill-switch was in the "Run" position ... and batt terminals were connected to proper leads (+ve on left side of Bike).
I am stumped?? Any clues as to what might be the problem would be deeply appreciated ... thanks.

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: New Battery, still No Go??
Reply #1 - 04/27/11 at 00:13:18

check the ground strap

WWW   IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: New Battery, still No Go??
Reply #2 - 04/27/11 at 06:51:23

X2,......Ground ground ground !

Other connections will most times be either hit, or miss,......seldom a weak consistent connection like a rusty (crusty) ground.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 14:33:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Battery, still No Go??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.