Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Member with muffler question (Read 219 times)
sscala

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NY
New Member with muffler question
04/25/11 at 08:35:53

I am a new member to this site and I have tried to search in the topics and could not find an answer.  I have a 2011 s40.  I want to upgrade the exhaust to make the bike louder/legal.  Does anyone have suggestions on any kits or mufflers I can look at?!  Thank You!!!

Stephen
2011 Suzuki S40
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: New Member with muffler question
Reply #1 - 04/25/11 at 09:00:17

1st no one can sell you an aftermarket muffler and guarantee it'll be leagal every where.  Laws vary from place to place and are subject various interpetations.

Now that being said, you can a harley take off muffler very cheaply.
There's a thread in the tech section.

Other slip ons are available, supertrapp being one of many.

WWW   IP Logged
sscala

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NY
Reply #2 - 04/25/11 at 10:17:17

So if I put on a slip-on, it will make it louder?  Regardless of the baffles? Thanks, appriciate it!

Stephen
2011 Suzuki S40
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #3 - 04/25/11 at 10:22:06

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Howitzer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Boston, MA
Reply #4 - 04/25/11 at 21:41:00

Bubba wrote on 04/25/11 at 10:22:06:

Second that link.  It's one of my favorite guides on the tech section, if only because it's one of the first major mod to be done.

There are lots of threads on mufflers, you just have to do a search for them.  Make sure you are searching through all the threads, not just the ones in the past week.  For some reason, by default in my search page, it is set to search only the threads in the past week.

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 04/25/11 at 23:26:34

The supertrapp gives it a nice deep rumble. Adds a bunch of power also. Expensive! Around $400 new but look around and you can find used ones cheaper.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 04/26/11 at 01:11:50

A low buck option is the Dyna muffler. Good lookin thing on this bike, IMO. Ive got a Supertrapp because I wanted to get the most Ooomph out of it I could get. A Dyna muffler will give better flow, which gives a boost in power. Youll need to rejet, but you probably already need to rejet.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
sscala

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NY
Reply #7 - 04/27/11 at 07:24:33

Thanks alot! Appriciate all of the advice!

Stephen
2011 Suzuki S40
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #8 - 04/27/11 at 12:46:37

Here even a lower buck option, easy, louder, and sounds good to me.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
sscala

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NY
Reply #9 - 04/27/11 at 12:59:01

Routy,
If i drilled holes in the back of the exhaust would I have to do any adjustments to the engine? and If I did this and didn't like it for some reason, Would I be able to replace this part?  Thanks

Stephen
2011 Suzuki S40
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #10 - 04/27/11 at 13:30:35

Not sure about your questions to Routy, but I'd like to add if you do this, be careful drilling the hole.  I think we went a bit deep once the bit busted through on my son's muffler and it sounded like something tinkling inside it.  I guess something else got knocked loose inside.  But it was a big sound improvement.  His wasn't even close to stock, and actually had a straight open pipe attached when we bought it, but our jetting still seemed to be fine.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #11 - 04/27/11 at 14:23:52

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #12 - 04/27/11 at 16:53:06

sscala wrote on 04/27/11 at 12:59:01:
Routy,
If i drilled holes in the back of the exhaust would I have to do any adjustments to the engine? and If I did this and didn't like it for some reason, Would I be able to replace this part?  Thanks

The material is 3/16th thick. I always figured it would be easy to plug the holes w/ a Mig, or tap/ them to 1/8" pie thread and run allen head plugs into them.
I didn't have to do any adjustments, the bike runs superbly, and it doesn't leak exhaust, like when doing the Dana Harley mod.

It been 2 yrs ago, but I don't recall any problem hitting anything on the inside. But as always when drilling a blind hole, I am always very careful for what mite be on the back side.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:27:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Member with muffler question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.