Proud of myself! (Read 164 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Proud of myself!
04/24/11 at 16:43:31

I'm kinda proud of myself. I decided to read the spark plug today and pulled the tank, but didn't have the right socket  to pull the plug. Nothing open on Easter Sunday so I was sitting there feeling sorry for myself looking at the top of the carb when i thought to myself "self, why not do the white spacer mod?" Now I'll be honest, carburetors mystify me, and I am "carb shy" mechanically. But there it was, and I had the tools, and the washers, so I did it! Wound up putting two washers in totaling 64 thou- a bit more than 1/2. Adjusted the pilot screw out to 2 3/4 turns, and backfires are now at a minimum. I was planning to have the dealer re-jet to #55 pilot and 150 main ( have a dial-a-jet installed so that will be two sizes smaller than the 155 recommended for the Raask. BTW a  Dynojet dyno shows 33 hp and 48 ft/lb with the Raask jetted this way. Roll Eyes

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Proud of myself!
Reply #1 - 04/24/11 at 16:50:32

How very artistic o you,, good goin, dude..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #2 - 04/25/11 at 07:54:30

Proud of myself!
Yesterday at 16:43:31
--------------------------------------------------
If you got those little itsy bitsy screws loose w/o ruining them, you can be ! Cool

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 04/25/11 at 08:37:15

Thanks. I used a small impact driver and they loosened right up. The hard part was putting the two screws that hold the needle down back in the slider.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #4 - 04/25/11 at 16:20:52

arteacher wrote on 04/25/11 at 08:37:15:
Thanks. I used a small impact driver and they loosened right up. The hard part was putting the two screws that hold the needle down back in the slider.

Thats the screws I'm talking about. Its hard to use an impact on them.
And true enough, tryin to get those screws back in can make you hold you're mouth in all kind of weird positions before you find the right one !

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:25:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Proud of myself!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.