Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
GEAR DOESNT SLAM DOWN?? (Read 309 times)
Fish

Who Shot Who In The
What Now?

(near) Tampa, FL
Re: GEAR DOESNT SLAM DOWN??
Reply #15 - 04/25/11 at 16:27:53

I am starting to practice it now thanks to this thread. I'll follow the advice of starting with 4th to 5th and then work on the others. I did a few of the lower gear changes well yesterday. Today I went from 2nd to 3rd and hadn't let off the throttle enough. That is not a clunk I, or my bike, want to feel too many times.

IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 04/25/11 at 21:26:10

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 04/25/11 at 10:00:21:
I think everyone should learn how to shift without using the clutch as a safety measure if for no other reason...

Use common sense here and learn this on nice flat ground away from traffic. This is an important skill to learn and will serve you well.

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 04/26/11 at 13:38:39

wait...are you saying shifting to/from any gear even while riding is difficult? Or is it just shifting to first from nuetral at a stop?

IP Logged
lukeduck

"Come to terms
with the ass that
bears you"

Ontario, Ca.
Reply #18 - 04/26/11 at 18:24:46

Maybe a stupid question, is the clutch adjusted properly? The knurled lucknut that locks the adjustment (at the grip) sometimes like to loosen up. Really messer with my head the first time it happened.

IP Logged
cafdad
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Northern IL
Reply #19 - 04/26/11 at 18:59:44

I have also sometimes had difficulty down shifting to 1st if I haven't done it before I stopped.  It seems like it is stuck in neutral. However, I have found that if I simply let the clutch all the way out (while it is stuck in neutral) and then pull it back in, it shifts into 1st without a problem.

IP Logged
royblueboy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 04/26/11 at 19:12:03

i had the same results, if you are stopped and you have the neutral light, just let the clutch out and then back in, it will drop in first every time.

2005 650 pearl,memphis windshield.vic 100 muffler
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 04/26/11 at 19:45:35

Gotta get the trans guts spinning,,then itll drop into 1st easy.
If youre driving a truck & you want to shift down, you ease the trans ino neutral by unloading the gears & sticking it in neutral, then, you goose the engine UP, to the RPM needed to run That Speed, in the Lower Gear, then, Itll shift right in..
If you want to shift Up, say from 2nd to 3rd, & youre running 2,300 RPM in 2nd & itll run that speed at 1,000 RPM in 3rd, then you can slip out of gear & let off the gas & watch the RPM all,, when it gets close to 1,000 RPM, pull toward 2nd & be ready to feather the gas a touch..

A bike is easier.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 14:32:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › GEAR DOESNT SLAM DOWN??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.