Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyoine interested in ratty Sportster mufflers??? (Read 122 times)
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Anyoine interested in ratty Sportster mufflers???
04/21/11 at 12:44:53

Before I spend the time posting a bunch of pictures,  I thought I would ask if anyone is interested in semi-rusty Sportster mufflers, FREE you pay shipping.  

They are the Hi-Performance (now called Screaming Eagle) mufflers that were on my Sporty when I got it. They would be VERY LOUD on a LS650.  I bought replacements and before I throw them out I though I would ask.

About 1/3 of the chrome is gone on the underside of both them.   The front muffler has the mounting bracket by the foot peg cut off but there is a piece of metal still welded on the muffler that might be able to be drilled and tapped.  Since it was facing up and had a brake pedal stop on it, it would have had to been modified anyway.  The Harley Davidson emblem fell off the back one and only the two rivets remain.  

I think they would have to be sand blasted and painted .... unless you're going for the ratty look.

Please, no DIB's yet, I just want to know if it's worth my effort to post in the classified area.

Here's how they looked on the bike when I got it.

See bigger picture at:

http://xlforum.net/photopost/showfull.php?photo=54235

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Anyoine interested in ratty Sportster mufflers
Reply #1 - 04/21/11 at 20:01:25

lemme see a pick and I'll probably take 'em. At least one. My immediate intentions with regards to exhaust is to hi-temp paint spray and wrap the header leaving my dyna SE painted black. Rust and lack of chrome is not much of an issue considering im taking the wire wheel to it all anyhow. Wanna trade something? Lemme know what you need. I might have it.

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #2 - 04/23/11 at 05:29:57

OK.... taking picts today and will put something in the Classifieds.  I'll send you a PM when done.

---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #3 - 04/23/11 at 14:00:10

Photo's and info loaded on the "Marketplace"

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1303592316/0#0

T Mack

---
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/08/24 at 05:57:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Anyoine interested in ratty Sportster mufflers???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.