Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
new menber bobber build (Read 1019 times)
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Re: new menber bobber build
Reply #15 - 05/11/11 at 16:00:17

Awesome start! I might have to take you up on this sissy bar offer. I also have the same fender you have. I want to figure out a way to make the fender float with the rear fender and be able to hold a person from time to time. If you have any ideas on how I could maybe do that it would be a great deal of help.

Welcome to the site and I'm looking forward to what all you come up with!

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #16 - 05/11/11 at 19:11:11

Floating fender is easy. All you need is a sidemount headlight bracket from Jammer's the width of your fender. Drill the fender front holes oversize, add a collared bronze bushing from the hardware store. Buy or make a couple 3/16" holed tabs, weld them to your swingarm. Add struts from the rear of the fender to the tabs. Headlight bracket bolts under the stock seat mounting rails.

Bars are 1", buy non-dimpled.

Here is a Savage with apes... MY Savage with apes.

Seat is a stock pan with 2 layers of blue camping pad and waterbuffalo leather. Made the seat 10 years ago. Blue ensolite is all you need. HD and Honda cables, generic modular braided stainless brake hose.

Rear fender does not float on mine, I raised the rear via 800 Intruder shocks. Rear of fender is bracketed to fishtail pipe end.

I'm 6'2.5" 235 pounds. My Savage fits me perfectly.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
dystormy79a
YaBB Newbies

charlotte tn
Reply #17 - 05/14/11 at 15:09:40

what kind of bags do you have on there ill be looking for a small set like that for my bike after i get done with it.

WD wrote on 05/11/11 at 19:11:11:
Floating fender is easy. All you need is a sidemount headlight bracket from Jammer's the width of your fender. Drill the fender front holes oversize, add a collared bronze bushing from the hardware store. Buy or make a couple 3/16" holed tabs, weld them to your swingarm. Add struts from the rear of the fender to the tabs. Headlight bracket bolts under the stock seat mounting rails.

http://ravenscroftart.net/watchtower/pokeydone1.jpg

Seat is a stock pan with 2 layers of blue camping pad and waterbuffalo leather. Made the seat 10 years ago. Blue ensolite is all you need. HD and Honda cables, generic modular braided stainless brake hose.

Rear fender does not float on mine, I raised the rear via 800 Intruder shocks. Rear of fender is bracketed to fishtail pipe end.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #18 - 05/14/11 at 15:51:33

Small Saddleman Drifter or Desperado. Can't remember off hand which I have, only difference is the studs. Not as small as they look. They don't fit stock length fenders. And they will each hold about 15 cans of beer. Maybe more, been awhile since they were more than decoration.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
dystormy79a
YaBB Newbies

charlotte tn
Reply #19 - 05/15/11 at 21:59:40

i have to say i love that green car in the back ground. i would like to have one like it lol

WD wrote on 05/11/11 at 19:11:11:

http://ravenscroftart.net/watchtower/pokeydone1.jpg

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #20 - 05/16/11 at 05:44:25

1954 Ford Squire. The panel version was called a Thames. The trunk model sedan was called a Popular. Ford of England.

You can drive it down a standard urban sidewalk. Lots of legroom, it's only a 4 cylinder. That is my stepson's car, former Hollywood prop car. Powered by a hopped up 1.4L Datsun (with one year only clutch/trans combo) with head off a 1.2L fwd.

Hard to work on, parts are expensive.

If you watch Austin Powers part 2 (whatever it was called) keep a sharp eye in the background. Car was in it.  Cool

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
dystormy79a
YaBB Newbies

charlotte tn
Reply #21 - 05/24/11 at 02:37:40

thats awsome  Smiley   we had one of the first mini's made if i remember right it was a  1959 or a 1960. i would love to have it back but i woud like to have a car like yours because its just something you don't see here in the states

oh and your car would prob bring like 30-60,000.00usd here if it was in perfect shape  Shocked

IP Logged
dystormy79a
YaBB Newbies

charlotte tn
Reply #22 - 05/30/11 at 22:14:56

finally got around to putting my rear fender, tail light and blinkers on. still not done with it. but is looks pretty good. still have to make the mounts for my sissy bar to attach to my fender but i can almost stand on it the way it is. i know after i mount the sissy bar i will be able to. i will be able to put a pass seat on there if i wanted to. (although i won't)  Wink i am hopping to get to cutting my frame so i can mount my new spring seat on there. i went on a long ride today and my a$$ is killing me. so that will make me hurry up on my seat. my spring tensioner is starting to get louder so i am going to have to do the mod for extending it sooner than later.

i also made a new tail pipe for it. i made a baffel to try to change the tone of it. going to try a couple of types to get it to sound the way i want it. it will be black after i get it the way i want it. i had my work coar it so ut wouldn't rust.

as you can see i also got my blinkers and tail light and liscense plate bracket mounted. im not real sure i like the tail light yet. i might end up changing it. oh and i bought a gps mount and a power supply for my bike too. now when i get my new tank and do the chain conversion i will still have a speedo works great ordered it off ebay for like 20.00. just so you know don't put the wires on backwards because it will fry the controll board on the charger. needless to say i will be ordering some chips to fix my mistake........

IP Logged
dystormy79a
YaBB Newbies

charlotte tn
Reply #23 - 05/30/11 at 23:59:19

oh and see the spot yes thats oil.........

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #24 - 05/31/11 at 15:39:03

That pic with Pokey and Gumby (Savage and Ford) was taken at my old place in Buckley Washington. Car is still in Puyallup Washington.

I live less than an hour north of Memphis. Yep, Tennessee, not the original Memphis (Egypt, been there, they can keep it). .

People keep telling me my old beaters are worth real money here. Somehow I doubt my 72 Super beetle is really worth $6K, it's a dust covered hunk of junk taking up space in the barn. I raise fishing worms under my 1949 Dodge truck, my 69 Dodge truck just hauls brush now.

Book value on a car like gumby is only a couple grand. Was sold new at the Ford dealership in Ashville NC. Only a few thousand were imported between 53 and 58, but they still aren't worth squat stock. An 8hp flathead 4 cylinder and a 3 spd is pretty much useless.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Reply #25 - 06/21/11 at 08:38:29

I like what youhave going here.  Did you ever get some apes on it?  Which did you go with?  And what did you decide on the cables?

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
skeebo

Ride It Like U Stole
It........

Fresno, Cali
Reply #26 - 06/21/11 at 11:25:24

Diggin the build storm....anxious to see the final seat config. When I bought my bike the previous owner had already hacked the rear frame horns so I was kinda in a box, I decided to make my own seat and mod the stock fender.

Once I make up my mind on the color I'll fill the holes and weld the tabs to the fender so no hardware is visible.

95'......Its Kinda Like Bobber Rode A Rat Bike To A Cafe Race.....Thing
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #27 - 06/21/11 at 11:33:14

That's pretty smart looking skeebo

WWW   IP Logged
Morgii

Me fail English?
That’s unpossible.

Toronto, ON
Reply #28 - 06/21/11 at 12:50:14

WD wrote on 05/31/11 at 15:39:03:
That pic with Pokey and Gumby (Savage and Ford) was taken at my old place in Buckley Washington. Car is still in Puyallup Washington.

I live less than an hour north of Memphis. Yep, Tennessee, not the original Memphis (Egypt, been there, they can keep it). .

People keep telling me my old beaters are worth real money here. Somehow I doubt my 72 Super beetle is really worth $6K, it's a dust covered hunk of junk taking up space in the barn. I raise fishing worms under my 1949 Dodge truck, my 69 Dodge truck just hauls brush now.

Book value on a car like gumby is only a couple grand. Was sold new at the Ford dealership in Ashville NC. Only a few thousand were imported between 53 and 58, but they still aren't worth squat stock. An 8hp flathead 4 cylinder and a 3 spd is pretty much useless.

72 superbeetle eh... I gots one of those too... same year even! Mines a Wolfsburg Ed. Convertible tho... nice little toys eh?  I'm currently selling mine tho, time to let someone else have some fun Cheesy  If anybody's interested....  Grin

IP Logged
dystormy79a
YaBB Newbies

charlotte tn
Re: new menber bobber build/ bike dies........
Reply #29 - 06/21/11 at 14:33:44

Well i was on my way home from work this morning and i started loosing power then it shut off........ My motor gave out......... When i coasted to the side of the road. i tried to start it and it sounds like the bearings are locking up. it will still turn but if i keep trying i know it wont.

so right at the start of riding season my bike dies.........

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 10:29:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new menber bobber build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.