How much to sell for? (Read 105 times)
Phaeron
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

How much to sell for?
04/12/11 at 09:52:46

Hey Guys,

I haven't made a decision yet, but for a variety of complicated reasons I may be selling my bike. It is a 2000 Savage, about 13.5k miles on it (can't remember exact amount atm). It needs a new battery (which I will be putting in to it) but other than that it runs great. New tires last year (probably around 500 miles on them).

The paint on the tank is faded/rubbing off from gasoline spilling on it, and there are a few scratches/small gouges on the tank from one of the previous owners. It has the Boulevard leather saddlebags but other than that it is stock as far as I know.

How much do you think I should ask for if I do sell it? I was thinking of asking $1800 but accepting $1500. Is that too high? Too low?

I'm in central Virginia btw if that makes a difference.

P.S. I realize giving an accurate estimate can be difficult if you haven't seen the bike in person... I'll try to get some pics taken and put up later on to give you a better idea of what kind of shape the bike is in.

Breaks my heart to think of selling (especially since I've only had it a year) but I might need to.

IP Logged
NameNotInUse

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: How much to sell for?
Reply #1 - 04/12/11 at 10:46:42

I am not sure if I got a good deal or what, but I paid $1250 for a 2001 with 8k miles in what I'd call 8/10 condition. I would start at $1800 and see. Worse comes to worse you're lowering your price later.

IP Logged
cursal

Daily Savage Rider

Eugene, OR
Reply #2 - 04/12/11 at 21:11:57

I bought my 1998 Savage Stock ( 2 years ago - Sig is current).
Had 10,554 miles on her, Bags, Tach, and Windshield.
I paid $1700.
Eugene, Oregon
Had to put new tires on in 2k
She was / is in great shape body wise.
A few engine repairs and cam chain needed over 1st year.

I love my ride and think I got a pretty good deal.
Especially since I have been learning to wrench on it myself and it's my first bike Cheesy

1998 Savage, 18,700 Miles, Wind Shield, Tach, K&N Airbox Filter, Leather Bags, CYCLE-TRON II Battery, verslavy cam adjuster, Kevlar F Pads Black.
Professional Web Developer: www.OregonPublishing.com
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #3 - 04/13/11 at 09:19:01

Mine was a stock 96 at the dealer, $1700 with 3k on it. $1800 for an unmolested 2000 sounds fair.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 01:30:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How much to sell for?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.