Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Put on new sportster muffler today (Read 97 times)
Russ130

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Put on new sportster muffler today
04/11/11 at 19:52:27

What a difference in sound. When you get on it it has that classic sportster sound but not quite as loud. If you let off the throttle at 70 or so it pops a little which is pretty cool and when I shut her down it has a very small pop well more of a poof. With the stock muffler it made a loud pop and the hotter it was the louder the pop at shut down. At least it doesn't sound like a lawnmower anymore lol.

IP Logged
Howitzer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Boston, MA
Re: Put on new sportster muffler today
Reply #1 - 04/11/11 at 20:25:54

That's good to know.  I have 2 dyna mufflers sitting at my office waiting for me to put on.  I'll probably sell the one I don't use, provided I don't mess up the install  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #2 - 04/11/11 at 20:58:17

it has that classic sportster sound but not quite
--------------------------------------------------------
Its been described as sounding like "1/2 a Harley"   Grin

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Lawsonwelding
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/11/11 at 22:22:27

I had the sportster muffler on my bike until the baffle broke out, wasnt happy with the glasspack noise so i went and found a 90 * turn out muffler that is steel baffled with basically a slight jog and straight through no glass packing , it now has a great deep roar to it , i love the sound best part it was only 40$ , instead of using the muffler and trying to get a piece of pipe fit my suggestion if its worth .02 i am not sure , cut the end off the muffler off and slightly grind it at a angle then place it on the head pipe and align it with the muffler and tack it back together, its much easier then trying to have a piece bent and having a extra connection that may leak in the future , i could post pics tommorow if you want !

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 14:05:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Put on new sportster muffler today

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.