new guy here (Read 77 times)
2wheeladdict
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norman, OK
new guy here
04/11/11 at 14:55:53

Hello fellow savage riders.  Been lurking here for a while thought I would sign up.  Im from Norman, Ok.  A couple of weeks ago my father came by on his S40 and said "Here, this is your now."  He is in the army and heading for Afghanistan.  I went right to work changing a few things.   12" apes, pod filter, H.D. exhaust, stripped about every thing I could, and removed the badges.  
Just wanted to say that this is an awesome site and I have learned alot while lurking.  I still have plans for this thing.  Want to hard tail it this winter but right now Im just going to enjoy it .

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: new guy here
Reply #1 - 04/11/11 at 15:12:36

Welcome and congrats! Sounds like you've had your hands full making some changes. Enjoy your new ride and ride the snot out of it.

One option to doing a full on hardtail is using some steel struts similar to the ones that were on mine when I bought it. Then do the rest of it next winter.

These looked like they were about 1/2" steel.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #2 - 04/11/11 at 16:47:54

2Wheel, welcome and tell your dad "Thank you" from Boofer in Ms. Had a couple of friends over there. Thankfully, they are now home.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 04/11/11 at 21:18:50

Boofer wrote on 04/11/11 at 16:47:54:
2Wheel, welcome and tell your dad "Thank you" from Boofer in Ms. Had a couple of friends over there. Thankfully, they are now home.

Had a couple of friends over there. Thankfully, they are now home. [/quote]

Daaang,,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 00:29:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new guy here

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.