Send Topic Print
California Noise laws (Read 48 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
California Noise laws
03/29/11 at 17:45:18

Verslagen or other Californian, What's your opinion of the new laws fellow rider Arnold signed. I will say fairly loud mufflers don't bother me as long as they sound good. (Ford or Chevy smallblock with Mild Flowmasters) I hate straight pipes and V-Twins with gutted mufflers. My opinion is most people on the phone or with car stereo turned up and windows up don't hear us anyway except maybe when we are between buildings where it echoes. And I believe we are cutting our own throats by flipping people off and adding to the stereotype of the bandit rider. I had much rather ride up and have kids ask about my bike while I strike up a conversation with their parents. Anyway, What starts in California usually gets to the rest of the U.S. in time. It's coming. Do we want to give them a reason? Boofer

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: California Noise laws
Reply #1 - 03/29/11 at 18:42:58

http://www.cent-21.com/laws/exhaust-us.htm

I think it's a foot in the door.  by itself says everything is ok as long as you got one.  But very importantly says no one can enact a local ordinance that's more restrictive.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 22:30:56

General CategoryThe Cafe › California Noise laws

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.