Send Topic Print
First ride this year (Read 87 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
First ride this year
03/16/11 at 13:29:46

It was 58 degree and sunny so went for a 20 mile ride ,Got home left motor running as long as I could.Got the oil drain pan  and deep fry thermometer and check the temperature of the oil in the pan it was 175 degree. Thats Klotz Hi Performance techniplate racing oil 15w/50. drain  all the oil started motor for 5 seconds to get rid of any oil in engine,Tipped for side to side.You get about a 1/2 cup oil doing that,that wouldn't come out if you didn't. and got the drain plug with bare hands right out of  the oil pan. Cool OIL   2 quarts and a cup puts it to the top line when bike is straight up.

« Last Edit: 03/16/11 at 15:59:34 by bill67 »  

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Re: First ride this year
Reply #1 - 03/16/11 at 17:38:19

I tried to go for 1st ride today. It got up to 58 here in Racine. Too bad my side cover is leaking. I only made it up the alley and back to garage. Bummer.

IP Logged
Chopped

Hurts Like hell when
you shoot yourself!

Stafford, VA
Reply #2 - 03/17/11 at 08:11:05

I say get rid of the OEM gasket. I make all my "non-high temp" gaskets from HightTemp Copper infused Silicone. The stuff works great... even stops the leaking on my 79 Harley... which is a miracle!

"You are the choices you make in life..... I choose to Play Hard.... Ride Hard.... or Die Hard!"
Chopped BullChopped   IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #3 - 03/17/11 at 10:00:51

i'm heading out on my first ride today, too. i'd guess it's about 60, sunny -that's good enough 4 me.

maybe i'll run over to the bait shop, get some worms, then take the kids to catch a few bluegills and crappies after school!

yay spring!   Cheesy

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #4 - 03/17/11 at 10:41:38

It was a whopping 35o when I rode into work this morning. Unplugged the battery tender and rolled it out of the garage and she fired right back up. Nice to be back on 2 wheels again! A couple hours later I went to run an errand and it almost didn't start for me  Sad I might just have to replace that stock battery after all.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 10:25:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › First ride this year

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.