Postage from the USA (Read 46 times)
AKinengland
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Postage from the USA
03/13/11 at 08:44:04

Hi
Is your postal service in the states very expensive? I have been looking for a front belt pulley cover and there are some on Ebay from the U.S.A but shipping is very costley for example there were 2 of the crome covers for the swinging arm bolts and shipping was £21 stirling over $30 US is thsi normal or are the rates being inflated

Andre (in England)

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Postage from the USA
Reply #1 - 03/13/11 at 09:28:12

For those 2 little caps I would've gone flat rate box for $14, but no tracking available, insurance included.
For $30 you can send any size box with tracking but insurance is extra.  So you got that free.
If you went, no insurance, no tracking, delivery whenever, it's $6.

So, it's up to you and how well do you trust the seller to actually put it in the mail.

WWW   IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Re: Postage from the USA
Reply #2 - 03/13/11 at 13:07:06

Unfortunately, international shipping from USPS require a trip to the post office. My guess is that the sellers are adding the time it takes for that errand to the shipping price. Myself, I usually ship actual cost. Some other sellers make money from shipping; see $1.00 foam ear plugs with $9.00 shipping. Less final value fee to pay Ebay.

Go to http://ircalc.usps.gov/and calculate shipping, so you can get an idea of actual cost.

FSO
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 08:49:18

General CategoryThe Cafe › Postage from the USA

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.