Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rear brake pedal adjustment (Read 103 times)
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rear brake pedal adjustment
03/12/11 at 13:45:51

Hello:

I started going over my recently acquired 2005 S40 and noticed that the rear brake pedal was very high, higher than what you see in pictures of the bike and awkward to use.  There is an adjustment bolt with a jam nut to stop the upward movement.  The adjustment bolt is threaded into a lug that is welded on at an angle.  The problem is that the angle is so great that the bolt misses the back of the brake pedal and can't adjust anything.  Someone had bent the bolt and in the right spot it just catches the corner of the pedal so I had to settle with that.

I thought the lug must have been accidentally bent but I looked on Ebay where a couple of those plates are for sale and the pictures show that the lug is at an angle on both of them and the bolt is even bent just like mine.  It looks to me like the factory welding jig is off and holds it at too much of an angle and then when they assemble it they just whack the bolt over a little bit to keep the pedal at the right height.  Is it me, my bike, or does anyone else have this misalignment?

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Rear brake pedal adjustment
Reply #1 - 03/12/11 at 14:14:29

Yours is bent,... I have two Savages here, and they both hit square at 90'...

« Last Edit: 03/12/11 at 16:51:24 by Serowbot »  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 03/12/11 at 15:44:54

Thanks for looking.  If I bend it perpendiculr to the plate it would be right on.  Maybe that is why the ones on Ebay are for sale, they are also bent.  That is a vulnerable spot down there.  That lug looks fairly tough so I'll probably have to take the plate, pedal etc off and bend it back with a hammer.  I might try a big Crescent wrench first.  Thanks

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #3 - 07/30/11 at 20:17:05

Hmmm.....

Quality Control (or, lack thereof) raises its ugly head....again!

Here's what mine looks like:

The starboard 1/4 of the bolt-end is not hitting anything but air.  Not really a problem, but clearly not optimum.

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:23:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rear brake pedal adjustment

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.