Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ryca build, all day puttin' on parts. (Read 653 times)
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Re: Ryca build
Reply #15 - 03/18/11 at 18:50:49

What's funny is that next year I'll probably turn a perfectly good looking Savage into an ugly duckling frankenbike -- unless I can find another one as messed up as the yellow beast.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Abbey Normal
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Ryca build
Reply #16 - 05/28/11 at 07:42:28

Wow, I didn't think it had been this long since the last post.  Update is my tank, seat pan and side panels came in yesterday and are at the painters.  2011 Honda VFR1200 Candy Prominence Red and what my painter calls "Cinnamon Certs with Retsyn"  (pearl white with a skosh of abalone and red flake).  Ryan thinks the rest of the parts are about 7-10 days away from being ready.  Maybe a July 4th ride????

IP Logged
Abbey Normal
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Ryca build, all day puttin' on parts.
Reply #17 - 06/11/11 at 18:34:12

The Big Brown Truck delivered!!  Friday night (unpack boxes and pack the muffler with additional FMF 4-Stroke silencer) and today were spent putting parts on the bike.  Bodywork is still at the painters.

For the most part, it has gone smoothly with only a bit of massaging to get things to fit.  Getting the seat mount to fit was the most time consuming and that was getting the cuts level and flush with the new parts.  The decomp lever was the next part that took some time.  I hope the rest goes just as smoothly

As school, homework, new job, lawncare, etc permit, I'll get the rest of teh parts mounted while I wait on the paint.  So far, so good!

[img][/img]

IP Logged
MarkHB

Go for it!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #18 - 06/11/11 at 20:56:49

The cafe racer configuration looks awesome, but is the bike comfortable to ride? Or people just use them for the vintage purpose of going short distances really fast?

Stock White 2007 S40
Raptor petcock
1/2 white spacer
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #19 - 06/12/11 at 05:12:15

Looks like the long rod for the decompression lever goes behind the frame tubes.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 06/12/11 at 06:51:52

MarkHB wrote on 06/11/11 at 20:56:49:
The cafe racer configuration looks awesome, but is the bike comfortable to ride? Or people just use them for the vintage purpose of going short distances really fast?

yes, for me, what you said- short distance.

IP Logged
Abbey Normal
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 06/12/11 at 11:10:05

The one pictured on the first bike has more of a 90º bend on the upper bend and the one delivered has closer to a 45º bend that contacts the frame.  I tried many adjustments and the only one that worked for me was outside the frame tube.  I still may look at bending the rod to fit inside the frame.  Also, the angle of the lever can't be too far forward or it puts a rearward pull on the rod instead of downward.  All little adjustments on the way to a rideable machine.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 20:25:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ryca build, all day puttin' on parts.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.