Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dyno jet stage 1 jet kit (Read 325 times)
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Dyno jet stage 1 jet kit
03/01/11 at 15:56:29

Last year I bought a 2001 savage with 3500 miles on it and rode it all summer while keeping everything stock. Since then I have been doing a lot of reading on here and have fixed a few things like the plug cap leak (thanks for the help on an earlier post everyone) and the seat height.  I just recently purchased a jardine rumbler slip on exhaust, k&n replacement air filter and a Dyno Jet Stage 1 kit for the carb.  I would like to know if this is a good combo and what performance benefits I will get if any?  Also how difficult is it to do the jet kit?  The instructions in the package are vague and I could swear I have seen posts on here covering that topic but I cant find them  Sad  Thanks in advance for all the help and looking forward to riding this summer (I am sure we all are)  Smiley

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Dyno jet stage 1 jet kit
Reply #1 - 03/01/11 at 21:13:39

Welp!,... jetted right, a filter n' muffler is good for 2 to 4 horsies...
One muffler won't make much difference over another, due to the pipe diameter, exhaust manifold torque hump, and the valve size... but any aftermarket muffler will free up a little breathing over the stock one.  Same for the filter,... it can't breath in any harder than it can breath out...
...but it's a 10% increase... Good enough for a real "seat of the pants" difference...

... and my best advice for jetting is,... more is not better, unless it is better...
In other words,... don't just go for the bigger jet because you think it will mean more power,... you can end up with a loud, smoky, burping, farting, pig...
Bigger jets don't make more power... the correct jets do...
In Mikuni jets,.. I'd guess you are in 150 to 152.5 / 50 to 52.5 range... with 1/2 to 2/3 spacer... (totally guessing ) (don't know dynojets)...
Make changes, evaluate the results, and make your next move based on those...

... and have fun testing it out, and learning...  Wink...

PS... sorry about the "unexpert" advice,... I only answered 'cause nobody else did...BUMP!
I don't know why people go the "dynojet" route at all.  Some reason I don't know, and probably should. Maybe some other dynojetters will have more specific advice, or can straighten my a$$ out over why we should all have dynojets....
Huh... no offense...

« Last Edit: 03/01/11 at 23:24:11 by Serowbot »  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #2 - 03/02/11 at 01:25:20

Thank you  Smiley

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
jandaso

Do you want fries
with that?

Reply #3 - 03/03/11 at 13:13:47

I installed my dynojet kit a couple of days ago and it was pretty easy as long as you don't have to use Te drill and screw. I had to take the whole tank plus The battery Holder. I just don't have enough tools to play around. The kit tells you to use the DJ 144 but apparently that is too lean for the bike. Read this post about my bike. I have a K&n air
Filter, and a Dyna muffler plus the jet kit.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1299001370

The stock jet for the ls650 is a 145 and according to this chart that dj144 is less than the stock jet.

If I was you I just return the kit and talk to lancer
To get you a really good set up that matches your bike.

2006 S40 - Mikuni VM38 (UFO and Dial-a-Jet), K&N filter, Barnett Clutch, Dyna Muffler, and Verslavy.
  IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #4 - 03/03/11 at 15:51:41

Well, installed the muffler today along with the air cleaner...didnt do the carb jetting yet.  Still up in the air about which way to go.  So far I noticed that it sounds good but reminds me of my old dirt bike when I let off the throttle- pop, pop, pop...but not the usual savage backfire.  If i remember right with the dirtbike I need to make it run richer to alleviate this- correct?  Should I adjust my air fuel mix and my idle speed to fix this or go right to rejetting?  Also how do I contact Lancer?  Have looked for his ebay store and cant find it- would like to look around Smiley  Thanks again to everyone so far for the help.  Very helpful as always!

IP Logged
jandaso

Do you want fries
with that?

Reply #5 - 03/03/11 at 17:50:48

He's out for a couple of weeks but leave him a pm and he will get back with you soon.  what is the largest jet that your kit has?? The biggest one i have is the DJ146 i might just go ahead and install that one till i get the chance to get a performance carb from lancer.

2006 S40 - Mikuni VM38 (UFO and Dial-a-Jet), K&N filter, Barnett Clutch, Dyna Muffler, and Verslavy.
  IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #6 - 03/03/11 at 18:12:34

Same jet - the 146...also might give it a try and see...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:20:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dyno jet stage 1 jet kit

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.