Raptor 660 petcock (Read 179 times)
kevin r.
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Massachusetts
Raptor 660 petcock
02/28/11 at 17:45:10

Hi, I am a new member and just recently bought a 98 savage 650. I went to test ride it and rode down the road a few hundred feet before it stalled. Gas was leaking out of the filter housing so i immediately shut the fuel valve and got off. I have been researching the raptor petcock swap and was wondering if there are any specific years of raptors that I would need to get it from. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Kevin

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Raptor 660 petcock
Reply #1 - 02/28/11 at 18:08:24

WWW   IP Logged
kevin r.
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Massachusetts
Reply #2 - 02/28/11 at 21:54:16

Sweet thank you!

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/03/11 at 15:48:22

If you're getting fuel out of the airbox while its running you need a new float or float valve assembly. The petcock may need fixed/replaced anyway, but if you've got fuel coming out of the box with a stock petcock "on" you're probably going to have the same problem with a raptor petcock "on".

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 03/03/11 at 16:35:57

BurnPgh wrote on 03/03/11 at 15:48:22:
If you're getting fuel out of the airbox while its running you need a new float or float valve assembly. The petcock may need fixed/replaced anyway, but if you've got fuel coming out of the box with a stock petcock "on" you're probably going to have the same problem with a raptor petcock "on".

Not really, Burn... If the petcock goes... fuel can flow down the vacuum line and cause that...

PS... Kevin... there is no "off" on the stock petcock.  If you turned it to Prime, that won't stop the fuel leak.  Pull the fuel line and the vacuum line and cap them until you get your Raptor...

...or try this test...

Test your Petcock,..
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1251932429/1

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
kevin r.
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Massachusetts
Reply #5 - 03/03/11 at 18:03:11

I'm not currently riding the bike unfortunately :/ I just bought it off someone for $1000 and he's holding it at his house for a month or two. I'm still in college so I can't take it home yet. The bike has 50k on it so it's had its fair share of use haha. I'm really looking forward to riding this though. It's my first bike and I'm a gearhead so I don't mind the work it will most likely need. Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it! I ordered the raptor petcock off the website posted in the raptor thread.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:23:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Raptor 660 petcock

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.