Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Correct way to wash a bike? (Read 293 times)
Wake51

Murphy's Law

St. Louis
Re: Correct way to wash a bike?
Reply #15 - 02/18/11 at 17:28:00

The thing that kills me is little spots of rust formations. My bike stays outside under a cover during riding season and I get little spots of rust on parts of the kick stand, on the bolt covers, on the alan screws to the oil filter cover, and around the bottom of the necks to the mirrors. But I suppose the only way to avoid that is garaging! Does this bother anyone else?

The oil leak used to cause a BIG mess. A few small drops of oil would go a long way in making a big mess once the wind blew it off the cooling fins. Hoping to end this annoyance by fixing the oil leak before riding season arrives here.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #16 - 02/18/11 at 19:48:42

Boys and girls, there is a correct way to do everything, but if you want to do it right, do it my way. Cheesy Seriously, Google Monkey See Monkey Do, then click on automotive, then motorcycles. Tons of short videos on riding, washing, tire changing, etc. I would leave a link thingy, but I don't know how. Caution: You can spend a day on that website with "how to's" for dozens of projects.  

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 02/18/11 at 20:02:51

WWW   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #18 - 02/18/11 at 20:17:17

verslagen1 wrote on 02/18/11 at 20:02:51:

Just call me "Cheeta".

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 02/18/11 at 20:40:08

Stop rust, no sanding necessary, just get some Ospho ( not the gel) from Kelly Moore. Last I gt was about 12 bux a quart. I keep that stuff around, cuz something I own needs a dab every month or so. It turns ion oxide to iron phosphate. It wont work thru thick rust, but stain, yea, its gd to the metal below. Wipe it off a bit, protect your paint & such, then, a dab of oil is better than rust.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #20 - 02/20/11 at 19:31:11

I always look for the high school age car wash..might kill the bike the girls are cute in those wet tee shirts. Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #21 - 02/20/11 at 20:24:25

Here is what I do. I wait for it to start raining then I go out and ride real fast.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 02/20/11 at 20:47:07

I used to drive my car thru the park at nite, when they were running th sprinklers. They werent some wimpy dudes, they squirted a Long Ways. Get me a free wash,, never got busted,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #23 - 02/20/11 at 23:51:59

I borrowed my mom small steam cleaner she bought at Wal_Mart. Its about the size of a tea pot. Cost somewhere around $25. I use it all the tie to clean my bike. It shoots a pretty powerful blast of steam that cleans off all the oil, road grime etc. without removing any paint. Works great! Gets in all the small areas that a brush or rag can't get to. It comes with all kinds of attachments. Even brass brushes that won't scratch chrome.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:15:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Correct way to wash a bike?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.