Send Topic Print
Welcome back Mick (Read 304 times)
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Welcome back Mick
02/07/11 at 19:57:43

Nice your back Mick. I am one that missed you. Seems the forum is just too quiet without ya.
How was your trip?
Your due in Seattle this month right? The David Garrett concert is soon, unless I am mistaken.
Hugs and welcome home.. kim Smiley

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Re: Welcome back Mick new pictures
Reply #1 - 02/07/11 at 21:29:48

kimchris1 wrote on 02/07/11 at 19:57:43:
Nice your back Mick. I am one that missed you. Seems the forum is just too quiet without ya.
How was your trip?
Your due in Seattle this month right? The David Garrett concert is soon, unless I am mistaken.

Thanks Kim,you noticed,no one else did.
We changed the concert to next year because I wanted two front row seats for my daughter and I (about $700) but we actually get to meet him.
We ,my family had a very bad January, I was diagnosed with cancer,but the doc said very cureable, I have to take meds for four months to shrink the prostate,then he goes in and freezes out the bad stuff.But way worse was a phone call from my Daughter in Utah that my Son had been hurt in a sledding accident,his sled hit a rock going fast he was thrown in the air and did three somersaults before landing on his head,he went limp,he was out cold,my Daughter called 911, he was taken to hospital in a coma but breathing ok, the did not have a good facility's at the hospital to treat brain injuries ,so he was flown to Salt Lake City, and taken to University hosp head trauma icu. I was there the next day to see him,they said he had awoken in the morning,but had gone back to sleep,I squeezed his right hand ,he squeezed back, hope. After an hour or so he moved both legs,more hope.the nexed day he opened his eyes ,but could not see they were very cloudy,but two more days he could see us and recognize us.He has a feeding tube down his throat and that makes it hard to speak.I leaned my my head down to his mouth and he whispered "I love you dad" that made my day,after two weeks ,he is eating what looks like baby food,still has that bloody tube in ,but he can smile and wink,and brush his teeth himself, a few hours ago my Daughter called to tell he is walking tall,a little dodgey on his pins but is doing great on only his second day of rehab,and as if that wasn't bad enough  the poor guy broke his left wrist.
        The reason I didn't say anything before I left ,I did not want any holy guys praying for him,he is a free thinker like his dad.
And now he on the mend without the help from a non entity.
Thankyou for your consideration,   Love  Mick

« Last Edit: 02/11/11 at 20:43:01 by mick »  

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Welcome back Mick
Reply #2 - 02/07/11 at 21:44:11

Ahoy Mick,... Welcome back.
Tough month you had, but glad you're back, and glad things are improving.
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #3 - 02/07/11 at 22:16:44

Welcome back Mick. I'm really sorry about all the bad luck youve been experiencing lately but it sounds like things are improving. Hopefully everyones health will continue to get better.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #4 - 02/08/11 at 00:17:17

Real sorry to hear about your troubles Mick ... hope that you and your boy both make complete and speedy recoveries. Glad to to have ya back mate ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Jimmer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NewportPa.
Reply #5 - 02/08/11 at 05:23:04

Just best wishes and good luck to all. Welcome back,missed your satire and that jovial wit (keeps the mind sharp).

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #6 - 02/08/11 at 05:41:13

And don't you EVEN say that no one else noticed.  Anyone who has been around this forum for any length of time would have noticed.  Like you or not, you are a vocal part of this place and its obvious when you aren't around.

Now that I got that off my chest...  I'm sorry to hear of your troubles too.  I wish you and and your family the best and speedy recoveries.  Chin up old friend!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #7 - 02/08/11 at 06:19:31

mick wrote on 02/07/11 at 21:29:48:
kimchris1 wrote on 02/07/11 at 19:57:43:
How was your trip?

Thanks Kim,you noticed,no one else did.
We changed the concert to next year because I wanted two front row seats for my daughter and I (about $700) but we actually get to meet him.
We ,my family had a very bad January, I was diagnosed with cancer,but the doc said very cureable, I have to take meds for four months to shrink the prostate,then he goes in and freezes out the bad stuff.But way worse was a phone call from my Daughter in Utah that my Son had been hurt in a sledding accident,his sled hit a rock going fast he was thrown in the air and did three somersaults before landing on his head,he went limp,he was out cold,my Daughter called 911, he was taken to hospital in a coma but breathing ok, the did not have a good facility's at the hospital to treat brain injuries ,so he was flown to Salt Lake City, and taken to University hosp head trauma icu. I was there the next day to see him,they said he had awoken in the morning,but had gone back to sleep,I squeezed his right hand ,he squeezed back, hope. After an hour or so he moved both legs,more hope.the nexed day he opened his eyes ,but could not see they were very cloudy,but two more days he could see us and recognize us.He has a feeding tube down his throat and that makes it hard to speak.I leaned my my head down to his mouth and he whispered "I love you dad" that made my day,after two weeks ,he is eating what looks like baby food,still has that bloody tube in ,but he can smile and wink,and brush his teeth himself, a few hours ago my Daughter called to tell he is walking tall,a little dodgey on his pins but is doing great on only his second day of rehab,and as if that wasn't bad enough  the poor guy broke his left wrist.
        The reason I didn't say anything before I left ,I did not want any holy guys praying for him,he is a free thinker like his dad.
And now he on the mend without the help from a non entity.
Thankyou for your consideration,   Love  Mick

Geee-whiz, Mick reading through all this reminded me when my boy skied into one of those orangey nets they have here in Italy to keep skiers from shooting off into the trees...

One constant through the ages, and through age, is that a man will constantly care and ache for his loved ones, regardless.
"I squeezed his right hand ,he squeezed back, hope."
"I leaned my my head down to his mouth and he whispered "I love you dad" that made my day"

It's incredible how, in times of trouble, one must concentrate and remind himself NOT to ask something special to a NON-entity.
Roll Eyes
There, I said it  Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

PS: Now that you're back, can I go on and pull your leg again ?  Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #8 - 02/08/11 at 09:58:05

thanks guys and gals ,very nice welcome home ,I missed you all .
Now let me get back to spreading a little hate and discontent.
                 love Mick

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #9 - 02/08/11 at 10:42:50

Yo, Mick -

You know what they say about prostate cancer - be glad you've lived long enough to get it, because almost all men will if we live long enough.

I too am glad to hear of your son's progress, and yes, you old fart, we all noticed yesterday that you are back.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #10 - 02/08/11 at 13:17:43

Glad you're back -- a big +1 on the early prostate detection, and best wishes for your son's recovery.

And I take comfort in knowing that, despite severe testing by what some would call a "miracle", your faith, or lack thereof, remains constant.   Grin

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #11 - 02/08/11 at 15:47:56

Ya man, stay in good health.  Keep those ornery rants coming, a lot of your stuff is hilarious!

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #12 - 02/08/11 at 17:22:34

Hey Mick, I wasn't on line yeaterday but I am so glad to see that you have returned and things are looking up for you.

We are out-numbered here to begin with, so I need you're input to fight against the darkness. Welcome back buddy.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #13 - 02/08/11 at 17:41:01

thanks Star,good to be back.

mickrowe37   IP Logged