Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New Savage Owner :) with questions... (Read 308 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: New Savage Owner :) with questions...
Reply #15 - 01/07/11 at 21:46:34

Okay, I gotta admit this going in. I say things that May offend some folks, not meant to be mean, I just have an odd sense of humor. That said, Ive found a place ( Whuu? Me? I Found a place?) for a smart comment.

I think that I would rather have a medium ride, not too stiff, but not too soft.

I know the tire you want. You want the Goldilocks Tire.

There are ways to make sure you never ruin the engine by running out of oil. Youll get loads of info on that one.

Welcome.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #16 - 01/08/11 at 00:06:10

There is this place in Vancouver Washington called Pro-Caliber. I bought my Dunlop 404 140/90 tire for$85. I just checked and it was like $125 but they always have sales. Check to see if you have one in your area. No one sells tires cheaper. I think you can look it up on the internet and price them. They also have pages of used bikes for sale. Lots of LS 650 parts you can order and they usually ship the next day.

http://www.procalibervancouver.com/

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 01/08/11 at 00:09:31

The Dunlop is a good tire. Ive worn one out.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
95RedSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 01/09/11 at 12:20:29

Thank you all for your comments and advice.

It is good to ride my own Smiley Can't wait to get out and go riding again!

lol I think I also want the Goldilocks tire Wink

I will have to keep looking for tires, I just can't decide which brand to go for... I priced a set of Pirelli's for around 200 for the set Smiley
So it just comes down to what to get...
I will go introduce myself in the cafe Smiley
Thank you so much Smiley I love this forum Smiley
It makes everything easier (to handle) when you have people standing beside you, for (defending) something you enjoy Smiley

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #19 - 01/12/11 at 01:36:04

95Red, I disagree that all internet prices are lower than dealerships. I walked into one of my three shops that I use with a picture off the internet of the OEM crash bars. They were $119 and I forgot to mark out the price. He embarrassed me by saying he could beat that by selling to me for $90 if I could wait for four days for free shipping. The other shops also usually beat net prices by a dollar or two, especially when you figure in shipping. Two shops have great service and the big 'ship is known for high prices and snobby sales clerk. It doesn't hurt to check the net 'till you get an idea of what a good dea is. And I do occassionally order off the net. Here are my last two big purchases:
140/80H15 K555 Dunlop-$93. Metezeler tube with 90 degree stem. $32.

100/90H19 Me 880 Metezeler- $117  Metzeler straight stem tube-$15.

Rim rubber strips-free. Installation $40 per wheel Plus no labor for installing rear brake shoes since we were already in there. Don't know if they were good prices, but shop is known for good work, and I liked it.

I don't have a lot of money, so they usually cut me slack when they can. They are well aware that I rotate between them, and I give the guys a tip to buy lunch when possible. As you know, I live in a rural area and know about everyone around. I sold retail tires, appliances and parts, electronics. I believe that most salesmen are basically honest here in small towns in the South. Treat them with respect and they will usually appreciate it. Believe it or not, the enjoyment you receive from most sales start with a smile and a handshake by you. Remember, you don't have to buy. A little smarts and some knowledge (Kept to yourself) can go a long way to getting what you need at a price you can live with. The Smarts starts here. Even on here, some people have something to prove, but most are VERY helpful.   Welcome to the fun...not the anxiety.  Boofer   

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 21:14:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Savage Owner :) with questions...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.