Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Thinking about buying this! (Read 271 times)
jrm8486 FSO X2
Serious Thumper

ride it like you
stole it!

Spring Hill FL.
Thinking about buying this!
01/07/11 at 08:17:11

Been looking at this one for over a year,local bike right up the street,78 honda 750 auto on my local craigs list here in Tampa.$3500 or bo. now have to talk the wife into it w/o selling the Savage!

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Thinking about buying this!
Reply #1 - 01/07/11 at 08:32:30

That is SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
jrm8486 FSO X2
Serious Thumper

ride it like you
stole it!

Spring Hill FL.
Reply #2 - 01/07/11 at 11:13:07

Just look at this bike,old lady selling it ,it was her husbands.won't start needs battery and son too lazy to come out to see me. I told them if I can put a battery in it and ride it home I'll take it.they have it priced at $2600 the way it sits,make me real leary!

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #3 - 01/07/11 at 12:25:10

The 750 Auto is probably why.   Yea it's a nice riding engine / tranny combo, but it's not the same as the Honda 750 manual tranny.

I would walk up and tell you would pay 2000 cash.  See what they say.   If they cough, ... tell them it would be worth more if it was a manual tranny.    Then maybe offer 2200 or 2400.    Heck,  you can get an older 1200cc Sportster for 2400.....  Which you can use as a bargaining chip too.    

What ever happened to the Honda Auto you use to have???  A 450 cc if I recall correctly.    I remember it was white, then next I saw you had painted black......

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #4 - 01/07/11 at 12:34:04

If you can afford it to play with, take $1500 in hundreds & go make a CASH offer. Tell them that's all you can afford & ONLY buy it if they have a CLEAR title in their name. If they won't take it, WALK AWAY.

I've bought several vehicles just this way, but you have to be able to walk away & not spend more. It will probably need carb work & ........
If they've been trying to sell it for a while, they might just take it. There is not a big market for that bike & the automatic makes it worse.

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #5 - 01/07/11 at 12:41:04

RidgeRunner13 wrote on 01/07/11 at 12:34:04:
If you can afford it to play with, take $1500 in hundreds & go make a CASH offer. Tell them that's all you can afford & ONLY buy it if they have a CLEAR title in their name. If they won't take it, WALK AWAY.

I've bought several vehicles just this way, but you have to be able to walk away & not spend more. It will probably need carb work & ........
If they've been trying to sell it for a while, they might just take it. There is not a big market for that bike & the automatic makes it worse.

what ridgerunner said. +1

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Baldeagle

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Hernando MS
Reply #6 - 01/07/11 at 14:34:58

Let it sit another year.........

Old geezer with a 05 S40
  IP Logged
SavRon

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #7 - 01/07/11 at 15:08:14

OH YEAH !!!  By all means, try and snag that if ya can. I got a '73 CB 750 Chopper sittin in the garage now. Bored over to a 836cc, lean & mean and it will scream.............

P.S.  I have to agree with what the others said,,,,the auto makes it less desirable, but the frame, tires, forks and other bling would fetch $$$ parted out.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #8 - 01/08/11 at 01:27:36

Since the regular manual shift CB750's were as common as dirt back in the day, couldn't the auto-tranny on that one be swapped out for the manual unit fairly easily??

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #9 - 01/08/11 at 12:59:16

I'd heard there was a market for the auto tranny Hondas for riders with a bunged up or prosthetic foot, or for sidecar use.  Don't know if that applies to one that's been "customized" like that one.

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #10 - 01/08/11 at 16:15:34

drharveys - FSO wrote on 01/08/11 at 12:59:16:
I'd heard there was a market for the auto tranny Hondas for riders with a bunged up or prosthetic foot, or for sidecar use.  Don't know if that applies to one that's been "customized" like that one.

I was looking at it for a person like me with a screwed up left hand.
I would never own a chopper or what ever that thing is.but automatic might work if I can get my grip firm enough.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #11 - 01/08/11 at 18:14:58

Savron, nice bike you have there...Mick, it would be good if you could get an auto and be able to ride again. I will keep hoping the feeling in your hand contiues...
jrm8486,, hope it works out in your favor to have this bike you have been looking at for so long.. Hugs all.. kim  Kiss Kiss Kiss

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 01/08/11 at 23:52:39

mick wrote on 01/08/11 at 16:15:34:

I would never own a chopper or what ever that thing is.but automatic might work if I can get my grip firm enough.

What if you could get a clip on type gizmo that slips onto the handlebar that fits in your palm, that straps to the wrist?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #13 - 01/09/11 at 00:09:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/08/11 at 23:52:39:
mick wrote on 01/08/11 at 16:15:34:

What if you could get a clip on type gizmo that slips onto the handlebar that fits in your palm, that straps to the wrist?

lately I have been browsing craigs list for a cheap automatic ,worst case scenario ,it doesn't work ,so I will just pimp it up and sell it.
if it works and I can ride ,look out , Do they have automatic ninja's ?

mickrowe37   IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 01/09/11 at 05:39:50

they have automatic hondas, new though, so kinda pricey

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:28:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › Thinking about buying this!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.