hey guys! (Read 265 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
hey guys!
12/29/10 at 18:41:33

still here! life is crazy! have a 4.0 in school, have a full time job at a private special needs school, teaching kenpo all over the place, hopefully getting married in may!

sadly, i have the savage for sale(in the marketplace)....it's a dark day people! i gave my car to my dad(not doing so well after the divorce) so i was commuting on the savage....

but then i got a 2005 ninja 500r with 5500 on her for 1500 bucks!!!! i will miss the thumper and she was my first, but commuting on the ninja is a little easier!

let me know what you guys think.....and no i haven't flat blacked the whole thing....yet....just the front and fender Grin

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Re: hey guys!
Reply #1 - 12/29/10 at 19:01:31

Congratulations, those EX500s are great!   We look forward to pics of the bike Rocco-blacked out  Cheesy

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #2 - 12/29/10 at 19:04:26

haha i put 1000 miles on her in about 5 weeks !

i got such a good deal on her because of some scratches and a dent....my friend who works at the shop i bought it from laughed and said it would looked great flat and ratty!!

it kind of looks like batman's bike in the front now, heard about a saran wrap painting technique and i may attempt it !

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #3 - 12/29/10 at 19:11:28

Yeah, no use paying for perfect paint if you are going to redo it anyway. Is the saran wrap thing a texturing method?

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #4 - 12/29/10 at 19:20:11

Hey Rocco, nice to hear from you. Sorry to hear you are selling the thumper yet happy as well that you have the Ninja.
That Ninja is very cool looking. It will be interesting to see the paint after the Saran technique is used.. Take care.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #5 - 12/29/10 at 19:28:13

they had a bike there and the paint looks "marbled" and the painter said you spray, while it's wet you pull off paint with saran wrap and make whatever design you want...looked amazing!

and thanks kim!! i will miss the thumper too, but now i have two next to each other  Grin

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #6 - 12/29/10 at 19:58:08

Careful you don't get them too close to each other. You may end up with a mini bike or scooter.. Grin Grin Grin Grin  kim

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #7 - 12/29/10 at 20:23:24

hahaha!!  maybe i should change lube brand just in case !!  Grin

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #8 - 12/30/10 at 03:02:04

Hooo Yeah!!! That scoot is gonna look amazing all flat-blacked ... stealthy!! Can't wait to see finished product!

BTW, what happened to the EX500's usual chin fairing? Seems to be AWOL??

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #9 - 12/30/10 at 05:32:37

Welcome back Rocco.  Nice bike and looks like you get a sweet deal.  Glad to hear the engagement is still on too!

I've done the saran painting thing.  Wear gloves!  haha  Personally, I think a big pourous sponge does about the same thing and is easier to mess with, and seems like it would be much easier to use on bike parts.  Be sure to show us some pics.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #10 - 12/30/10 at 06:09:09

My son's ex gf did a lot of painting on drywall in his house with something like that saran wrap,In brown it really looked good just like leather walls.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #11 - 12/30/10 at 06:16:55

Nice bike,...I guess,..if you like sport bikes.

Myself, I don't like the name, the looks, and I'm sure I wouldn't enjoy riding one either,....except maybe thru a 1/4 mile. But I'm old,....probably make a difference.
And some one had to be different,....and you asked ! Wink

But in reality, most of us probably think the same way, or we sure wouldn't all be riding a Savage,....think ? Smiley

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #12 - 12/30/10 at 06:22:38

I road a 1000 Yamaha crock rocket about 8 years ago 20 miles,I wouldn't have one myself.Very uncomfortable to me.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #13 - 12/30/10 at 07:33:27

it will def look sweet in all flat! PerrydaSavage, you have a good eye!! i took it off probably a week after i bought her! it shows the engine off and the pipes a little more, not to mention it was looking too sporty !

i'm eager to try out some different painting styles, i'm going to start small, if i mess up flat the whole thing!!!!

and guys, she only looks sporty! the bars are up way higher then a sport bike and the feet are in the middle instead of behind you! it's technically a "standard" as i'm not much into sportbikes either

thanks for encouragement babyhog! i must say she likes the ninja's seat a lot more since it's a huge thick piece of foam!

i haven't decided if i will streetfighter her or not and i love the name! i have some ninja turtle stuff on her, and my helmet is tricked out too.

c'mon, i teach karate to kids they all freak when a real life ninja turtle shows up! one of the little pre-k kids called me a ninja on a ninja  Grin

IP Logged
Driller

Really
"Zooked"
up

Tryon, NC
Reply #14 - 12/30/10 at 09:35:25

Ninja is good......

My 2fiddy....very high "smileage"

O.F.R.A.T. Old F##t Riding Any Time
  IP Logged