mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Re: New Year's Resolutions
Reply #15 - 12/29/10 at 22:06:45

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/29/10 at 19:48:46:
I like my alias. I thinkits fun. & It exlains a lot about how I see myself.

I'm getting a little worried about you Justin,I mentioned Sandra Bullock the other day and you said "you WOULD kick her out of bed".
Is their something you are not telling us ?
maybe I shouldn't ask ?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 12/29/10 at 22:16:54

Uh YEA, Id kick her outta bed in a Second.. Im a married man!

And, theres more room in the floor.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #17 - 12/29/10 at 22:35:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/29/10 at 22:16:54:
Uh YEA, Id kick her outta bed in a Second.. Im a married man!

And, theres more room in the floor.

Oh Oh ! does your wife look over you shoulder while you are on line ?
Sorry Mrs O-Guy 2,I was just kidding Wink

mickrowe37   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #18 - 12/29/10 at 23:17:00

LostArtist wrote on 12/29/10 at 16:59:58:
Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 12/29/10 at 14:35:00:
Only resolution I'll make here is to try to find out why people on this, and other forums, don't use their real names.  It must be an internet forum sort of thing.

Seriously, I just don't get the aliases.

Anyone want to explain why?

there are several reason for aliases online:

the power of anonymity - say anything, no one knows who it really is, kind of liberating for some, no need to worry about social status or any of that burdensome stuff online, people can pretend to be nice or rude depending on what reputation they want to have online

the threat of online stalkers, a lot of real damage can be done if someone online really wants to hurt you and they really know who you are.  

the liberation from self, you can be whoever, whatever you want to be online, want to be a cat and just type meow meow for everything, name yourself kitty and move on with it.  

better to truly describe yourself, a name is a name, any Mike is just like any other Mike online, so if you feel you have an overwhelming trait that emphasizes who you are and lets people know ahead of time something about yourself so they can better relate to you or predict your reactions to things, this can be useful in getting to know someone.

internationality of the internet also makes having an alias online useful.

for me, LostArtist says a lot more about me than my name does

Good points.  
I think most people try to pick names that they either thing describes something about themselves, or at the very least has some kinda meaning to them.
I actually use my name, since "boring guy" is a fairly lame screen name. Grin

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 12/30/10 at 00:06:58

I actually use my name, since "boring guy" is a fairly lame screen name'

Thats why I went with Justin O Guy, It only implies boring, doesnt come right out & Say it.

I know,
that was boring,

Im sorry,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #20 - 12/30/10 at 02:38:42

I guess I am a little boring ... at least that is one of the few (and rare) excuses I've heard outa my wife for up and leaving me last February (after 25 years together I might add) ... Roll Eyes Angry

Resolutions ... usually don't make 'em. I suppose for 2011 I really should try and move on with my life ... it's been in a holding pattern now for 10 months and that's starting to drag me down ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #21 - 12/30/10 at 10:02:08

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/30/10 at 02:38:42:
I guess I am a little boring ... at least that is one of the few (and rare) excuses I've heard outa my wife for up and leaving me last February (after 25 years together I might add) ... Roll Eyes Angry

Resolutions ... usually don't make 'em. I suppose for 2011 I really should try and move on with my life ... it's been in a holding pattern now for 10 months and that's starting to drag me down ...

Perry - you are too good looking a guy to NOT move on.  Here was my theory when I was dating.  If a guy didn't want to go out with me, I'd say - "If I'm not the one for him, then he's definitely not the one for me.... NEXT!"   I don't mean you have to be a 'ho', and I'm not trying to make you feel bad about the ex, but c'mon, 10 months is a long time.  Get out there and have some fun!

And Jerry - my name is Natalie.  "babyhog" is what they teased and called my bike when I got it... a little baby hog... so I used it here, but the bike's "name" is Piglet, since everyone here started calling me that instead of hog (or something worse haha)    

Oh, and Justin -- good answer -- you are a married man.  Best answer I've heard all day.   Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #22 - 12/30/10 at 13:55:05

Well my New Year will start with a cleaner house..haha..
I cleaned my oven  and refrigerator as well as cleaned the rest of the house today..
This is a resolution I have held for several years. Of course I clean the oven and refrigerator other times thru out the year, I just like ending the year as well as starting the New Year with a clean house..Now I can devote time to riding.. Wink kim

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #23 - 12/30/10 at 15:15:48

Thanks for the vote of confidence there babyhog! Means a lot ... hope to get off me arse in 2011 and put 2010 behind me!

BTW, I am the complete opposite of a "ho" as you put it! LOL!!! ... I'm just an ordinary, steady, laid-back, mild-mannered kinda fellow who was completely faithful to his wife for 25 years ... maybe there is someone out there who might appreciate those characteristics in a guy ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #24 - 12/30/10 at 15:25:58

Congratulations Perry , WoW ! 3000 posts ,well done mate ,and mostly good comments.
Stick around my friend . And get out this New years  eve and party.
leave the car at home ,put your eye on the best looking gal at the party and go for it. I have found that the super good looking women are not aproached to often,guys think "no way will she go out with me"
she will, believe me it works.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #25 - 12/30/10 at 15:49:03

yea, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were a ho.  I just meant in general.  haha

And mick is right.  My husband told me he would have never approached me, figured I'd never go out with him. (and I'm BY FAR not the best looking gal in the place)  Luckily I made the first move!

Kim - I can make a similar resolution... keep my house a little neater.  Its not dirty, but I admit to letting it get a little "messy" at times.  I'm gonna do better this year....  unless I'm riding, of course!!  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #26 - 12/30/10 at 15:50:04

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/30/10 at 15:15:48:
BTW, I am the complete opposite of a "ho" as you put it! LOL!!! ... I'm just an ordinary, steady, laid-back, mild-mannered kinda fellow who was completely faithful to his wife for 25 years ... maybe there is someone out there who might appreciate those characteristics in a guy ...

And find out if she has a sister.   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #27 - 12/30/10 at 15:51:53

mick wrote on 12/30/10 at 15:25:58:
Congratulations Perry , WoW ! 3000 posts ,well done mate ,and mostly good comments.
Stick around my friend . And get out this New years  eve and party.
leave the car at home ,put your eye on the best looking gal at the party and go for it. I have found that the super good looking women are not aproached to often,guys think "no way will she go out with me"
she will, believe me it works.

Wow mick, I hadn't noticed my post count! Only took me since 2003 to get 3K posts!! LOL!!
As for the mostly good comments ... I did say I was a mild mannered kinda guy! Really, it takes a LOT to get me riled up!! LOL!!

Am going to a neighborhood party tomorrow evening ... honestly don't think there'll be any available ladies there ... but there are usually more than a few single gals who enroll in our local Motorcycle Training Program every season, so I am looking forward to my part-time MTP Instructor gig to start up again in the Spring!

I knew what you meant with the "ho" remark earlier babyhog, no offense taken whatsoever my dear! Just pointing out that I am faaaaaar from a womanizing "man-ho"!! In fact I could be described as the polar opposite of that! LOL!!

WWW   IP Logged
piglt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 12/30/10 at 16:16:09

I'm with you PerrydaSavage. Time to move on with my life too! Kind of going through the same thing you are.
My resolution is to get his JUNK out of my garage and sell this house that is way to big for me and put lots of miles on both of my bikes!!  and remember the married friends who dumped on me when they found out I was getting a divorce!

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #29 - 12/30/10 at 20:23:10

verslagen1 wrote on 12/29/10 at 11:13:11:
I resolve not to make any resolutions... oh sh!t.

i made the very same resolution when i was 14, and have kept it.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 20:18:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › New Year's Resolutions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.