Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Snow in the South
12/26/10 at 05:00:29

You folks up North just read this and chuckle at the southerners dealing with snow.

It snowed starting late Christmas night in North Carolina, SC and parts of Georgia.

It has been 15 years or more since we had a white Christmas, so this is quite remarkable to us.

What is remarkably sad is the number of Christmas wrecks involving whole car loads of kids and wives and such while trying to get home Christmas night from visiting family.    

Can you imagine going off the road with wife and kids hollering all the way down the long grassy embankment leading down into the ditch?

"Daddy !!!!  Weeeeee !!!!   Can we do it again, Please?

It is currently 4 inches deep with a slippery soft slushy base and it will be snowing all day long up until midnight tonight.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Re: Snow in the South
Reply #1 - 12/26/10 at 05:56:58

Only a couple of inches here. I'm holding my breath, waiting for the power to go out. Here, in the hometown of Duke Energy, the power can go out at the least excuse -- particularly in my neighborhood with above-ground wires and lots of trees. If a falling limb doesn't knock out power, someone will slam into a utility pole. Or some bit of aging infrastructure will just decide to throw in the towel.  Sometimes I envy the power grids of third-world countries.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
piglt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 12/26/10 at 06:39:26

Let Ft Greely Ak in July 89 bound for Ft Stewart GA in a brand new Chevy Silverado. The day I left I was bragging that my new truck will never know snow and ice. Two days before Christmas the southeast got 6-8 inches of snow dumped on it. I just looked out the window, wanting to cry. Good part was two days after Christmas it was 70 and sunshine!!!
Roll Eyes

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #3 - 12/26/10 at 06:46:54

Oldfeller, sounds like all them younguns singing, I'm dreaming of a White Christmas, actually had some power.
Did you get a pic with your bike by a snowman perhaps?
No I didn't laugh at all your Southerners having the snow. Yet I was glad we didn't have it here for once.. Enjoy.. Oh and a virtual kerplat...Snowball fight...Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin kim

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 12/26/10 at 06:54:32

No more Snow than we get its hard to get tired of it.   We took a old chevy S-10 hood and drug it behind the Four-wheeler (Water Skying style) but that proved too dangerous so up to the top of our largest hill we went.   The dog even rode with us on one trip.   Even the cows got into the act , dancing and prancing around kicking their heals up.  After Church today we're going again !  

YeeeeHawwww

Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #5 - 12/26/10 at 07:35:37

MMRanch wrote on 12/26/10 at 06:54:32:
Even the cows got into the act , dancing and prancing around kicking their heals up.

Naw, they were just trying to get their freezing feet out of that cold white stuff.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #6 - 12/26/10 at 08:13:40

Yeah, early this morning while it was still dark I let the dog out as normal, and the boy cat did his normal "let's see if I can dash out behind the dog and get outside again" trick.   Generally we just stand in the way or shut the door promptly, cause for him it is a perennial game he has to try his dammest to escape and our job is to prevent or stop him from getting out.

This morning I grinned and let him dash on by out the cracked open door and into the dark of the night .....

Roll Eyes

Waited 10-15 seconds until the first plaintive yowls started up,  then turned on the light and walked down the steps and out in the yard about 8 feet to where he was buried up to his stomach in the snow, dancing on one foot after another and jest a bawling for somebody to please come rescue him.  

The dog had walked over there to him and was trying to comfort him by licking on his head repeatedly .....    

Really, how cat embarrassing can it get?

He still isn't speaking to me.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #7 - 12/26/10 at 09:33:51

Love it!!!! This is the 3rd White Christmas I've had in my lifetime. Its one of those wet sticky snows that hangs on everything, its beautiful. OF, my short legged Beagle is having a tough time in it also. The snow is alway up to her, nevermind LOL.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 12/26/10 at 09:56:56

evil, pure evil.  Likely ruin the game forever.  Or the next time you leave the door open, he'll stop and look at you, then turn around.

lol, dog licking stuck cat   Grin  hmmm... tastes like chicken.

WWW   IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #9 - 12/26/10 at 11:55:34

Well, it finally arrived here in NJ with a blast! Heavy snow and wind, creating blizzard conditions. Even though people here have been driving in snow their whole lives, they still can't drive worth a shite.

Staying in doors eating holiday junk food and doing stuff I've been putting off. Stripped, cleaned and re-assembled 2 pistols so far. Going to clean  2 more pistols, and then clean 3 revolvers and and call it a day. Watch TV and continue eating the foodstuffs.

FSO
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #10 - 12/26/10 at 13:04:27

I ordered me a nice new beat'um up "go out into the woods and destroy it" scope for a heavy bull barreled target rifle that's going beanfield troll deer hunting  ....

(us biker/gun nuts can always find something to fiddle with)

http://www.opticsplanet.net/ncstar-illuminated-a-o-rifle-scope-6-24x50aoe-mil...

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #11 - 12/26/10 at 13:06:19

So you guys think you are having a snowy winter.
try this.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #12 - 12/26/10 at 13:13:01

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 12/26/10 at 13:04:27:

I ordered me a nice new beat'um up "go out into the woods and destroy it" scope for a heavy bull barreled target rifle that's going beanfield long distance troll deer hunting  ....

(us biker/gun nuts can always find something to fiddle with)

http://www.opticsplanet.net/ncstar-illuminated-a-o-rifle-scope-6-24x50aoe-mil...

http://images1.opticsplanet.com/480-320-ffffff/opplanet-ncstar-illuminated-a-...

That right,if you cant ride,go out and find something that is totally defencless,  and kill it.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #13 - 12/26/10 at 13:20:17

And cook it over a nice slow heat in a crockpot full of potatoes, baby carrots, little pearl onions -- yum !!

Or dice it up fine into a big pot of chili and beans ....

Or grind it up into sausage ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #14 - 12/26/10 at 13:41:54

mick wrote on 12/26/10 at 13:06:19:
So you guys think you are having a snowy winter.
try this.

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/mickrowe37/image03939.jpg

Sign say

Wind is blowing That way

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 14:25:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › Snow in the South

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.