Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
she ran perfect now she wont run at all! (Read 239 times)
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Re: she ran perfect now she wont run at all!
Reply #15 - 12/17/10 at 07:03:57

I would check compression, and while the plug is out, put a squirt of oil in there. You may have washed the cylinder walls with the starting fluid--I've seen it happen on car engines more than once. If that's the case, a squirt of oil re seals the rings and renews compression. Try it--it's cheaper than a new motor.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 12/17/10 at 08:13:10

drums1 wrote on 12/17/10 at 07:03:57:
I would check compression, and while the plug is out, put a squirt of oil in there.

You may have washed the cylinder walls with the starting fluid--I've seen it happen on car engines more than once.

If that's the case, a squirt of oil re seals the rings and renews compression. Try it--it's cheaper than a new motor.....

Good catch..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #17 - 12/18/10 at 22:42:30

All the guys have been giving you good advice ,I think you are having a problem taking it.
Why dont you start by getting the right manual with a pot of coffee ,sit down and read the pertinent part a couple of times.
Now take your time,amble down to your garage don't forget to whistle or sing, get yourself in a pleasant mood and try again,keep checking the manual as you go.
then call me in the morning. Wink

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #18 - 12/21/10 at 14:10:05

drums1 wrote on 12/17/10 at 07:03:57:
I would check compression, and while the plug is out, put a squirt of oil in there. You may have washed the cylinder walls with the starting fluid--I've seen it happen on car engines more than once. If that's the case, a squirt of oil re seals the rings and renews compression. Try it--it's cheaper than a new motor.....

As someone who recommends and uses starting fluid from time to time, I would like you to read carefully: I always say to use just a squirt. I mean an on/off puff. And I spray it onto the inside wall of any airbox or intake or carburetor, not directly in the throat. Once saw an idiot keeping a four cylinder car running by non stop spraying into the carb air horn. When it wouldn't keep running on its own, he did it again! YOU CAN GET BURNED and/or ruin an engine. Be smart.  Boofer

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 12/21/10 at 14:46:51

A backfire ( a REal one) can get a fella seriously injured messin with injecting fuels manually. Gas or spray, very serious game. I use WD 40, or did, I hear theyve ditched the propane propellant..on a diesel or in desperation on a gas engine, Ill use ether.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 09:19:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › she ran perfect now she wont run at all!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.