Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Savage Cafe Racer (Read 247 times)
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Savage Cafe Racer
12/10/10 at 08:45:17

Just got thr Jan 2011 issue of Motorcyclist and there on page 40 was an article about a new Ryca CS-1 Cafe Racer that is a modified Savage. Apparently you can order it new and complete or in kit for for your present ride from Ryca Motors. I googled the Ryca and have added a link to one of the sites. http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/4453/suzuki-s40-cafe-racer-cs-1-by-ryca  Smiley I am not much for cafe racers, but it does a lot for the Savage and S40. A quote from the mag article. "A thoroughly enjoyable motorcycle infinately more deserving of the Savage name"   Smiley

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Re: Savage Cafe Racer
Reply #1 - 12/10/10 at 14:05:42

There are several threads here about that, including one started by one of the Ryca guys.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #2 - 12/10/10 at 14:42:01

The Ryca Savage Cafe conversion is a work of Art IMHO ... truly beautiful! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #3 - 12/11/10 at 13:31:08

that might be true Perry but look at it this way, The kit is close to 3 K,then the bike, lets say $1500 average for a decent one ,then look what you can buy for that amout of money, A Kawasazi ninja like this one below, ready to go with no work to do on it, and it's faster.

You could also go all out and get "The" cafe racer.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #4 - 12/11/10 at 13:43:43

A very well done American made cafe racer.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #5 - 12/11/10 at 17:32:00

True Mick my friend ... you're killin' me with the pics buddy ... beautiful Bikes all!
But, I kinda have my own to play with now ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #6 - 12/11/10 at 17:40:42

Are you going to bring it into the living room for winter ? I did mine when I had it , put some christmas lights on it Wink

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #7 - 12/11/10 at 17:52:36

My first streetbike was a Honda 500/4. That's what the yellow one is. Mine was in 1971 and I got bitten by the "cafe" style. Every time I crashed, I replaced parts with fiberglass, aluminum or stuff with holes drilled in them. Like the yellow one above it had a 750 tank after a few years. The 500/4 is one of the sweetest handling bikes ever made and is still a favorite in club racing. Sounds like I still got a sweet spot for them doesn't it? My next bike was a Z-1 Kawasaki and then........
Shocked

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #8 - 12/11/10 at 18:44:05

I finally got around to reading this.  Although they liked the Rica a lot they had little nice to say about the Savage/S40.  However in the same issue they LOVED the new Ninja 1000.

« Last Edit: 12/12/10 at 08:18:01 by jef.savage »  
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #9 - 12/11/10 at 19:10:49

mick wrote on 12/11/10 at 13:31:08:
that might be true Perry but look at it this way, The kit is close to 3 K,then the bike, lets say $1500 average for a decent one ,then look what you can buy for that amout of money, A Kawasazi ninja like this one below, ready to go with no work to do on it, and it's faster.

The way I see it, building the bike with the kit is about the joy of making something. It's a hobby. It's something to do when it's too cold to ride. Put the same money into a new bike and, well, you have a new bike but none of the fun of building it. Which is fine if that's what someone wants.

I could easily spend $3k on some other hobby, like a couple of Caribbean dive trips, and have nothing afterward except photos and memories. With the Ryca, I'd have a bike.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #10 - 12/11/10 at 19:19:22

Lupo wrote on 12/11/10 at 17:52:36:
My first streetbike was a Honda 500/4. That's what the yellow one is. Mine was in 1971 and I got bitten by the "cafe" style. Every time I crashed, I replaced parts with fiberglass, aluminum or stuff with holes drilled in them. Like the yellow one above it had a 750 tank after a few years. The 500/4 is one of the sweetest handling bikes ever made and is still a favorite in club racing. Sounds like I still got a sweet spot for them doesn't it? My next bike was a Z-1 Kawasaki and then........
Shocked

every time I crashed ! Wow Lupo we should all be glad you are still here, not supposed to do that very often.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #11 - 12/11/10 at 19:40:10

When your a 20 year old you land on your feet like a cat, now at 59, I'm afraid I'd go splat!

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #12 - 12/12/10 at 02:34:39

I agree with Buddah ... building a Bobber or a Cafe is a labor of love with a really nice reward waiting for you at the finish!! I still and always will love the Bobber look and one of these days when my brother builds the garage he's talkin' about, we plan on buildin' a Bobber together!

mick, my Bike is currently hibernating for the winter, next to my brother's Harley in the back of the pump shop that he runs ... would love to have her home here in the rec room though, but I doubt she'd fit down the stairs!

WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #13 - 12/12/10 at 08:56:05

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/12/10 at 02:34:39:
I agree with Buddah ... building a Bobber or a Cafe is a labor of love with a really nice reward waiting for you at the finish!! I still and always will love the Bobber look and one of these days when my brother builds the garage he's talkin' about, we plan on buildin' a Bobber together!

mick, my Bike is currently hibernating for the winter, next to my brother's Harley in the back of the pump shop that he runs ... would love to have her home here in the rec room though, but I doubt she'd fit down the stairs!

never mind the rec room ,Put her in the living room,were it's nice and warm.  How could you be so cruel . Wink

mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #14 - 12/12/10 at 12:07:45

Lupo wrote on 12/11/10 at 19:40:10:
When your a 20 year old you land on your feet like a cat, now at 59, I'm afraid I'd go splat!

I guess your right ,the few times I came off ?I was in my 20s,I was only hospitalized once,the 3 others I walked away from, I hope we are not counting dirt are we ? then it would be closer to a dozen or so.

A couple of pics from my dirt days.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 14:14:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Cafe Racer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!