E con O me (Read 147 times)
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
E con O me
11/26/10 at 17:36:10

It is sure interesting to note that a country that has not joined EU and NATO has no financial nor any economic problems. That is Switzerland. The Swiss avoided all the wars of the last centuries while being right in the middle of the eurpean wars. They are not involved in any Iraq,or Afghanistan. Not involved in any miltary or political conflict whatsoever. Yet being a very progressive and generous nation. Even the symbol of the international red cross,that copied it's symbol from the Swis-flag. They are multy-cultural,multy langual society,have four officaial language.Never hear of ethnic or religious stirfe or conflicts.

What you think makes the difference? Ahhh. The way the counrty is governed. There form of government is just what our founding fathers has copied,and set up preciesely the same form of government the Swiss have functioning without any flows even to this very day.
It worked very well here till 1787 when the Federalist money-begs did carry-out a political cu-da-ta,immediately as Jefferson left the country to France. They high-jacked the country and taken total financial,political control that we are unable to change to this very day.
There is no one-man control over the government,They never have to wate and hope that world will stop and wate for them if thier government would make any mistake. Simply because they life,future does not depend on the decission made by one man who is in power for 4 years no matter what happenes. Nor on the decissions of the lawyers who own and rule the so called 'third brach of government.
So,when are we going to wake up and learn from our own mistakes???

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Re: E con O me
Reply #1 - 11/26/10 at 18:59:43

du du dump du du dump dudu dump dump dump, du du dump du du dump dudu dump dump dump  ....

(humming William Tell Overture)

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 11/26/10 at 21:56:04

Well, Mick is on to something. Not sure of the time;ine, but the general state of affairs is pretty close to the way Ive been seeing it. Well, for starters, maybe, but the general idea of
Things are Not as advertised
I agree with

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/27/10 at 06:13:13

The Swiss are like teenagers in a rich household. Food magically shows up in the kitchen, clothes get wash and hung in closets, the heat comes on when it's cold out and the AC comes on when its hot out. The pool never has leaves in it and grass doesn't seem to ever grow.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #4 - 11/27/10 at 06:47:14

whats their tax rate??

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #5 - 11/27/10 at 07:31:23

thumperclone wrote on 11/27/10 at 06:47:14:
whats their tax rate??

With your permission Mick, I would like to forward your feelings to a Swiss colleague of mine who works in Zurich.

One thing I can tell you all, though, they are not as multicultural as you are made to believe, and they are much stricter in social rules and customs than any American would be willing to bear.

Exampe:
Geneva is in a French-speaking canton, all business is done in French.
Sure, people will understand and speak German, but only lawmakers, Police & Army and Courts of Law have the obligation to be multilingual.
Oh, and Universities.
Zurich and Berne are in German-speaking Cantons, and all business is done in German.
Sure, people will understand and speak French, but only lawmakers , Police & Army and Courts of Law have the obligation to be multilingual.
Oh, and Universities.
Ticino and Bellinzona are in Italian-speaking Cantons, and all business is done in Italian.
Sure, people will understand and speak Italian, but only lawmakers , Police & Army and Courts of Law have the obligation to be multilingual.
Oh, and the University.
Davos is in a Ladin-speaking Canton, and all business is done in Ladin (a Celtic tongue which survived the ages).
Sure, people will understand and speak German (not French), but only lawmakers , Police & Army and Courts of Law have the obligation to be multilingual.
Oh, and Universities.

But if an Italian or Ladin goes to Geneva, Zurich or Berne, he had better speak French or German...

Also, you cannot wash your car on Sunday, nor hang the laundry to dry.
There is a plethora of rules, regulations and local laws which would drive a normal European crazy.
I can imagine Americans...  Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #6 - 11/27/10 at 07:50:32

feel free to send it to your friend,  Mick

mickrowe37   IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #7 - 11/27/10 at 07:51:23

Isn't it a Swiss mandate to have a gun in every home?
http://www.courierpress.com/news/2010/jan/03/the-swiss-have-the-right-idea-ab...
Gotta love em Smiley

FSO
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #8 - 11/27/10 at 08:03:28

Funny thing my dad never had a gun or is brothers or my father in law,But you are going back 50 years are so,They never even thought about protection,I guess that was the good old days.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #9 - 11/27/10 at 08:32:25

A piece from the link above:
"The policy in Switzerland requiring a firearm in every home is one of the main reasons the Nazis didn't invade Switzerland in World War II."

Yes Bill, a different time back then. We've had several break-ins in my neighborhood, with one of them being the guy living across the street from me waking up to an intruder in his home.

FSO
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #10 - 11/27/10 at 12:03:31

Our Government should not be allowed to fly the stars and stripes.
They should have there own flag,say, A skull and crossbones/bush,jr
with a background of $ signs.
I think that would fit nicely don't you ?

mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 11/27/10 at 12:19:50

Sure, Mick, great idea, just include Clinton, & Bammy & Ford & Carter & Nixon &, well, everyone but JFK & Reagan. Im pretty sure he was told to do as he is told & thats how he got shot. JFK was, I Think, in the process of giving the country back to the people.. & killed for his trouble. REagan was walking toward that path & herded away from it. Thats MY opinion, based on what I see.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #12 - 11/27/10 at 13:47:18

photojoe FSO wrote on 11/27/10 at 07:51:23:
Isn't it a Swiss mandate to have a gun in every home?
http://www.courierpress.com/news/2010/jan/03/the-swiss-have-the-right-idea-ab...
Gotta love em Smiley

I did read the artical,seems the Swiss government hand every male a Semi Auto rifle on his 20th birthday,not women. What they are doing basicly is putting you in the Army reserve, Something like signing up here at 18 except you don't go in unless called. The Swiss I bet are darn good marksmen.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 11/28/10 at 17:12:18

Seems the perfect Swiss have had enough...

Swiss voters have approved a far-right initiative to automatically   expel foreign residents convicted of serious crimes, according to poll results.

Swiss national broadcaster SF1 said 52.9 percent of voters backed the initiative in Sunday's referendum, a plan proposed by the nationalist Swiss People's Party (SVP).

A counter-proposal put forth by the Swiss government, which would make expulsion dependent on the length of a prison term rather on an arbitrary list of offenses, appears to have been rejected by most voters, according to preliminary results. Currently, decisions to expel foreigners convicted of serious crimes are made on a case-by-case basis.

Bildunterschrift: Großansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift:  Posters for the Swiss People's Party have been controversial
The initiative, which would apply to foreigners convicted of crimes like murder, rape or trafficking in drugs or people, has been criticized by human rights groups and legal experts, who said it could disregard international anti-discrimination treaties and the free movement of peoples under European Union law.

Switzerland, while not an EU member, does allow EU citizens to take residence without special permission.

Foreigners make up more than a fifth of Switzerland's population of 7.7 million, and according to official figures are disproportionately charged with crimes.

Growing support for SVP

The SVP has become one of Switzerland's biggest political movements in recent years, garnering support by playing on the rising fear about immigration.

Posters for the SVP proposal showed a group of white sheep kicking a black sheep off the Swiss flag, a move criticized by anti-racism groups.

Sunday's referendum comes a year after Switzerland approved a ban on the construction of minarets, a decision that drew international criticism.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #14 - 11/28/10 at 17:23:22

This country is so politically correct it would not dream of throwing bad guys out,or would it ?

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:34:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › E con O me

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.