Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 79
Send Topic Print
savage photos + let's see you and your ride! (Read 40470 times)
Tonydtiger1971

Yet while we were
sinners Christ died
for us

Dawsonville, GA
Re: Let's see you and your ride!
Reply #285 - 12/25/09 at 22:12:15

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Tonydtiger1971 rgiskardrentlav@yahoo.com   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #286 - 12/25/09 at 22:26:38

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/07/09 at 11:32:29:
Bull Fetherz, Micks too cheap to pay you for what you enjoy.

talking of being cheap,on the 23rd I took a walk down to the mailbox to catch the mail lady so I could give her her anual tip,it's only $20,so I asked my brother in law for a $20,he said "we don't tip the mail lady"
I have been doing that for as long as I can remember ,is there a reason you guy's don't ?,or are you just cheap; Don't call me cheap I was in the tipping business most of my life and we are notably big tippers,so please do not insult me,you know nothing about me.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #287 - 12/25/09 at 22:34:23

Mick,

Talking about tipping the mailman, not to mention the other tradesmen, brought to mind that it is almost Boxing Day.  Most of the people on this site probably have no idea about it. I always thought that it contributed to a sense of community.

Jerry

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #288 - 01/01/10 at 22:16:24

now we have two no shows, no bike pictures from Tonydtiger,and justin -o-guy, wait ! it might be three, how about buttgoat ?

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #289 - 01/02/10 at 01:11:33

mick wrote on 12/25/09 at 22:26:38:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/07/09 at 11:32:29:
Bull Fetherz, Micks too cheap to pay you for what you enjoy.

talking of being cheap,on the 23rd I took a walk down to the mailbox to catch the mail lady so I could give her her anual tip,it's only $20,so I asked my brother in law for a $20,he said "we don't tip the mail lady"
I have been doing that for as long as I can remember ,is there a reason you guy's don't ?,or are you just cheap; Don't call me cheap I was in the tipping business most of my life and we are notably big tippers,so please do not insult me,you know nothing about me.

Sir Mick, In 1970 in Pennsylvania I worked as a mailman for 1 month.  I worked inside the Post Office, and delivered on route.  I watched mail sorters deliberately throw parcels marked "fragile" down onto the floor.  Uninsured parcels that looked interesting were opened and the contents stolen on route.  Magazines were opened and read during lunch break, and stolen if they were interesting.  I became so disgusted with this that I quit.

5 years ago in Orange County,  I heard a a loud thud against my front door. I quickly got to the door only to see the mailman walking back to his truck, after having thrown a parcel through the air at my front door.  I knew this because the box had bounced off the door and was laying about 4 feet from the door on the lawn.  The box was marked "Fragile", and was not even addressed to me.  I immediately called the Postmaster to tell him to come back for the box since it was wrongly delivered, and to complain about it being thrown at my door.  He didn't seem to care in the least.

The mailman gets paid very well for what he does, and has great government benefits and pension. They do what they are supposed to do, and nothing more, and they get paid very well. They are not like those employed in a low paying job where tipping is expected for survival, like a waitress.  In Orange County CA, the waiting list for a mail carrier job was over 10,000 applicants. I have an aunt living in PA who tips the mailmen, and her reason is she is afraid they will not make the required effort to deliver her mail in a responsible manner. She thinks this way from years of experience getting shoddy service from the mail carriers.  

Case in point:  If you move, never ever fill out the cards at the Post Office for forwarding your mail to your new address.  Once you do that, some of your mail will be forwarded, some will be delivered to your old address, and some will be returned to sender "address unknown".  Once you fill out the forwarding cards and submit them to the Post Office, you're screwed.  This has happened to me twice, and to friends and relatives over the years.

Anyway, its for reasons like the above, that I've known few people to tip the mailman. And those that do, do so because they are afraid he will retaliate with poor service if he doesn't get his Christmas 'tip'.

IP Logged
sugar n spice
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Chicago suburbs
Reply #290 - 01/02/10 at 10:21:02

Wow, Gort!  My experience with my mail carrier as well as the people in our post office has always been just the opposite.  The carrier was thoughtful and went out of his way to be helpful.  In fact he allowed me to move my rural mailbox from one end of my lot, to my driveway which was around the corner on the other side of the lot, and he went out of his way to make things as convenient and easy for me as possible.  For his thoughtfulness and consideration I gave him something I baked, cookies or a nut bread, as a Christmas present.  It was my way of thanking him even if it wasn't cash.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #291 - 01/02/10 at 11:21:37

I think my buddy Gort must have had some bad luck with his post office, we have a very small one and we are all on a first name basis, Well actually I kinda have the warmy's for my pretty blonde mail carrier, but I think she is married. anyway,no problem with mine.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #292 - 01/02/10 at 13:46:39

Perhaps that is the reason, Sir Mick.  The Post Offices I have been served by were and are huge.  Nobody knows who the mailman is, nor cares.  I could see it would be different if things were on a more personal basis, like your situation is.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #293 - 01/02/10 at 13:55:54

I have never and would never tip a mailman they get paid very good for what they do.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #294 - 01/02/10 at 22:35:27

bill67 wrote on 01/02/10 at 13:55:54:
  I have never and would never tip a mailman they get paid very good for what they do.

I guess they do at that,I have two mail carriers in the family,my youngest daughter who lives in St George Utah.
And My nephews wife who lives in Seatle. It cant be that wonderfull because my daughter quit last year August,she had worked there for 4 years and was still part time with zero benifits, a job with benny's came along and she took it.
Maybe next year I shall just make her some of my famouse peanut brittle,sound good?

mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #295 - 01/02/10 at 22:40:14

never mind the post office ,this is supposed to be about showing yourselves and your machine, as in Justin-o-guy, Tony d tiger, Jerry Eichenburger,Wolf mrp, and a few others who's name I cant recall at this time.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #296 - 01/03/10 at 03:43:18

Ive posted my pic..Mick. You even blew it up & pasted it all over one post somewhere.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #297 - 01/03/10 at 07:30:38

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/03/10 at 03:43:18:
Ive posted my pic..Mick. You even blew it up & pasted it all over one post somewhere.

I did not blow up your picture Justin, I have seen you but not your bike.
I know a savage is a savage but guys do all kinds of mods,and in some rare cases people will come on this site just to argue.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #298 - 01/03/10 at 08:05:03

Ive seen you & yur bikes, still, doesnt keep you from being wrong about the things we argue about. You could have the fleet Leno has, youd still be just as wrong. I sure know a lot about these bikes for a guy who doesny own one, dont you think? Ask around, Ive bought parts from Lancer, You suppose I did all that, just for "cover" so I could come here? You call ME an odd one?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #299 - 01/03/10 at 12:55:39

jumping justin jumping to conclusions that is, I diden't say you diden't have a bike did I ? I probably led people to believe that, I must admit that was my intent,but now I'm just curious to see how your bike looks.
here is my savage with me on it

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 79
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 08:34:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › savage photos + let's see you and your ride!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.