Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 79
Send Topic Print
savage photos + let's see you and your ride! (Read 40470 times)
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Let's see you and your ride!
Reply #210 - 11/27/09 at 18:37:22

Arthur wrote on 11/27/09 at 18:27:13:
What became of the bike?

I traded it for a 1970 VW Beetle which was my first car.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #211 - 11/27/09 at 20:10:50

Good trade, but I'll bet you wish you kept the bike as a momento of your early youth.

Speaking of VWs, I have a 1970 also, which I am going to sell.   Damm good cars, utterly reliable and dirt cheap and easy to fix. My 17 yr. old son has a '68 which he drives every day.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #212 - 11/28/09 at 01:52:11

Arthur wrote on 11/27/09 at 17:00:04:
Here is a pic of my first ride.  The little tractor was a piece of junk a local neighbor told me I could have, so I pushed it home and rebuilt the Wisconsin engine and then rode it everywhere.

Beautiful light in that picture... the glow in the car windows and paint is surreal....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #213 - 11/28/09 at 04:10:08

Here I am with my 1st Bike ... also an '85 Rebel ... this pic was taken in '02

And with fellow Forum Member Reelthing when he visited Newfoundland back in '06

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #214 - 11/28/09 at 10:59:34

Serowbot wrote on 11/28/09 at 01:52:11:
Arthur wrote on 11/27/09 at 17:00:04:
Here is a pic of my first ride.  The little tractor was a piece of junk a local neighbor told me I could have, so I pushed it home and rebuilt the Wisconsin engine and then rode it everywhere.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk80/tlukatch/1-2-2009_116.jpg

Beautiful light in that picture... the glow in the car windows and paint is surreal....

Thats because the colors and lighting are not accurate.  The actual 45 year old 35mm slide this was taken from turned reddish and faded.  I have a device that lets you scan slides and turn them into digital pics on your computer.  Included with the device was a program on a disc which allows you to adjust colors, focus and lighting.  So I adjusted the red, faded slide to have the colors and lighting that seemed closest to what I remembered the original to be like.  Problem is, the program never allows you to achieve perfection, so this slide turned out a little surrealistic.  But its way better than the faded red mess that it was.

Here is an example of what I am talking about.  This slide of my brother is around 40 years old.  It was exposed wrong somehow when it was taken, and also it is so badly faded and color changed that you can barely make out what it is.  This is the best I could get it, but at least my brother can see it now and he is very happy to at least have this:

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #215 - 11/28/09 at 21:33:57

Hey Gort have you noticed that Jerry eichenberger still has not shown himself or his bike. Now remember Gort this is a guy who teaches people to fly single engine aircraft as well as multi engined , and he says he cant operate a digital camera, the one I got came with a little book of instructions,and I believe it was you who showed me how to post them, I'm sure you would do him the same curtisy. So how about it Jerry ,are you gonna get a camera ? we won't laugh I promise.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #216 - 11/28/09 at 23:59:44

You are right, Mick.  A man with the ability and discipline to finish Harvard Law School, Summa Cum Laude, and then become a wealthy attorney who flies his own aircraft for amusement, would certainly have and know how to use a digital camera.  His probably cost a thousand dollars, which is pocket change for a man like this.  I have a sneaky feeling that Jerry Eichenberger is an assumed name, and this poster is really Al Gore or George Bush, or maybe Pope Benedict XVI.  

Note:  After I posted the above post, I  looked Jerry up on the 'net.  Mick, this man is not just an attorney, he owns a whole god dammed law firm!  He probably doesn't post a picture of himself on his bike because he had the whole thing gold plated and he doesn't want us to feel bad.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #217 - 11/29/09 at 07:00:24

You seem to have a thing for the absurd, presented with a straight face, with honor & dignity. I can dig that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #218 - 11/29/09 at 07:21:59

Hey Gort,

That slide with the good stuff on the right and the reddish color on the left reminds me of the last pic on the roll of negative film. The last one almost always looked that way, I think because of over exposure.

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #219 - 11/29/09 at 10:58:26

Oldnewguy wrote on 11/29/09 at 07:21:59:
Hey Gort,

That slide with the good stuff on the right and the reddish color on the left reminds me of the last pic on the roll of negative film. The last one almost always looked that way, I think because of over exposure.

Yes, it was the last slide on the roll and it was taken on one of those briefly popular split frame cameras which took a 35mm film and only moved it half the way across the lens, resulting in twice as many slides available from a roll of film.  Only problem was, the slides were no longer square, because the camera dived them into 2 rectangles.  This 40+ year old slide also aged to the point of fading so badly that you could barely make it out.  But the color/light adjusting program I ran it through allowed me to compensate somewhat, resulting in what you see.

Anybody know what model Honda this was? Neither my brother or me can remember.

IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #220 - 11/29/09 at 13:50:09

'Back in the day', Honda's started at 50cc, 65cc, & 90cc.The 90's had a 'curl' on the fender tips. IIRC, the 50,s had downswept exhaust & the 65's an upswept system. All the headpipies interchanged. I ran a 65 headpipe with a reverse megaphone. Burnt myself several times with that setup but loved it any way. Aaaaahhhh, those first bike memories, nothing EVER stays stock around me.

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #221 - 11/29/09 at 15:01:40

So, what is the one in the pic?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #222 - 11/29/09 at 20:47:47

thought you might like to see some kinky boots.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #223 - 11/29/09 at 21:32:13

Im looking at the lighting, hats, shadows on the faces & I cant figure it out. Anyone?  Is the 3rd gal wearing glasses? The 1st gal is clearly happy, 2nd, not so much. 3rd? Yea, she seems pretty tickled, just to get her pic taken on her bike shes been issued. #2, IMO, is a bit miffed that the young hottie has the #1 spot, instead of the older gal.

Is Bachelorette #2 chawin on a stogie?

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #224 - 11/29/09 at 22:20:23

I think this gal could be Jay Leno's Mom. ??

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 79
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 14:36:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › savage photos + let's see you and your ride!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.