Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 79
Send Topic Print
savage photos + let's see you and your ride! (Read 40470 times)
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Re: Let's see you and your ride!
Reply #180 - 11/26/09 at 00:33:16

Arthur wrote on 11/25/09 at 17:30:21:
C'mon people, lets see some more of your photos....anything you got.  Dig deep...there's got to be more.

Ok, here's some more:
I wasn't riding my beloved Savage, since it was about 1200 miles away, but my brother's Vulcan was very sweet. (I'm on the left)

And in the vein of skatnbnc's cool period dress, here's some pics from the campout my muzzleloading club had this summer:
Avoiding the 100 degree weather

Home sweet home Grin

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #181 - 11/26/09 at 00:43:26

What type of muzzleloader do you use, and do you hunt with it?

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #182 - 11/26/09 at 01:11:35

Arthur wrote on 11/26/09 at 00:43:26:

years ago I had two muzzle loading pistol kits I got them at cobelas, or is it Corbelas ? anyway they looked like old dueling pistols they worked fine but I dont think they very acurate,I could have been me, Smiley any way I was into woodworking at the time and I made a  box for the pistols our of rose wood.
I think the pistols were about A hundred $ each,and I made a nice job of the case, I sold the whole lot for $500 , I was thinking of doing it to make some side money, the orders were to far and in between, and who in the heck does pistols at dawn any more, or even sabers at sunset ?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #183 - 11/26/09 at 01:36:52

mick wrote on 11/26/09 at 01:11:35:

years ago I had two muzzle loading pistol kits I got them at cobelas, or is it Corbelas ? anyway they looked like old dueling pistols they worked fine but I dont think they very acurate,I could have been me, Smiley any way I was into woodworking at the time and I made a  box for the pistols our of rose wood.
I think the pistols were about A hundred $ each,and I made a nice job of the case, I sold the whole lot for $500 , I was thinking of doing it to make some side money, the orders were to far and in between, and who in the heck does pistols at dawn any more, or even sabers at sunset ?

Yea, ya got a good point there Mick, I can't remember the last time I saw a pair of dudes step off ten paces, turn & fire...or jab, slice & hack
at each other.     hmmm    We're so much more civil now days; yea.    Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #184 - 11/26/09 at 05:30:20

You build them, Mick. Then the next gun show thats coming to town, contact a few of the people that have the booths & see if you can sell some to them. Youll make less $$$, but if you can get someone to sell your guns & boxes at a decent clip, youll make out. That would be a great cottage industry. There are plenty of Civil War re-enactors & people who just "Dig" the old stuff. Try distressing your boxes & make them look "Period", maybe do the same with a couple of the guns, try to age them, gently.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #185 - 11/26/09 at 08:39:55

You know Sir Mick, I was thinking....now that you have a little spare time while you are recovering, perhaps moonshine would be something for you to get involved with.  You live on acreage in a semi isolated area, and you could work at your own pace.  You should be able to sell your bootleg well under current market value, making it an attractive purchase in these hard times. Your profits could be saved towards buying yourself a new bike when you are ready to ride again.  

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #186 - 11/26/09 at 12:03:18

.Arthur wrote on 11/26/09 at 08:39:55:
You know Sir Mick, I was thinking....now that you have a little spare time while you are recovering, perhaps moonshine would be something for you to get involved with.  You live on acreage in a semi isolated area, and you could work at your own pace.  You should be able to sell your bootleg well under current market value, making it an attractive purchase in these hard times. Your profits could be saved towards buying yourself a new bike when you are ready to ride again.  

I did make a very small still (legal size )one gallon jug, I cant drink while I recover from the hand problem, I could always take up art again, get the paints and canvas out , I think that will be more enjoyable, and I will have someting to show for it, better than a hangover.
And Justin, I cant make a precision pistol from a kit and or boxes with one hand, and while I was into woodturning I made some beautiful stuff , I used exotic woods none are cheep, one of my favorites was blood wood, I found a piece ,enough for one candlestick, they never did get any more in,that was 3 years ago. And one was called
Pink Ivory, my Dad and I lined up in LA half the night just to get two half inch thick slices by about 7 and up to 10 inches around ,You could only get one each, @ $35 to $55 a piece,just like it was cut right off the branch,so about he only thing you could make was a clock face, I ended up not making anything, I polished it up and just looked at it, I cant think of any woodworking you can do one handed, so I will paint ,now all I need to do is get motivated, I need a beautifull young model,of the female persuaion,or the next best thing, a Ducati.
The Italians are the only people who can turn there bikes into an art form.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #187 - 11/26/09 at 17:51:09

I think you could make some pretty good $ building pistols & boxes. Once you heal up, maybe give one a try?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #188 - 11/26/09 at 18:08:02

Mick you grew up around English motorcycles and you take their beauty for granted.  I like the Ducatis in the last 20 years but back in its day nothing could compete with the lines of a Bonneville. BSA's and Nortons were beautiful motorcycles also. Paint me your beloved BSA Goldstar and I'll buy it. Youre in business, youve already sold one painting.  Smiley

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #189 - 11/26/09 at 21:50:51

Midnightrider wrote on 11/26/09 at 18:08:02:
Mick you grew up around English motorcycles and you take their beauty for granted.  I like the Ducatis in the last 20 years but back in its day nothing could compete with the lines of a Bonneville. BSA's and Nortons were beautiful motorcycles also. Paint me your beloved BSA Goldstar and I'll buy it. Youre in business, youve already sold one painting.  Smiley

do you know Midnight I have been threatening to paint a Motorcycle for quite a few years , I have never owned a Goldie, I have owned 3 BSAs, and I have ridden a friends Goldie at the track (Brands Hatch) but never owned one.  I have owned a Norton, I don't have to own it to paint a picture of it. I guess I had better get my easel out and dust it off, I friend told me to get my lazy $$s in gear, and start to make myself usefull  (Gort).  I even have a canvas ready to go.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #190 - 11/26/09 at 22:44:51

Get busy, I want an original Sir Mick hanging on my wall. All these other guys will have to settle for a print.  Smiley

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #191 - 11/26/09 at 23:18:19

Mick:  I believe you mean "Cabela's".  I worked in their warehouse my first year in college, they started out in that town.  Any of you who haven't been to their stores, go... they're awesome!

Gort:  I've got 3.  A .50 single shot pistol, just for target shoots, I'm not bad, but there's many who are better. Roll Eyes  A .45 fullstock rifle, that I haven't shot a lot, but it's fairly accurate.  And a couple years ago my brother built me a .75 blunderbuss, which is purely for the fun of it.  It's a nice looking gun, but with a short smoothbore barrel, even with shot, it's still a close range gun.  Which is of course what they were built for; the original sawed off shotgun!  I haven't hunted with any of these, and don't even get a chance to shoot often, one of the disadvantages of living in a highly populated area. Tongue  I'll have to see if I've got some pics of it on my comp. Undecided

Edit: ah, here we go!

And an idea of what .75 caliber is, about a 12 gauge

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #192 - 11/27/09 at 00:05:22

John_D FSO wrote on 11/26/09 at 23:18:19:

Mick:  I believe you mean "Cabela's".  I worked in their warehouse my first year in college, they started out in that town.  Any of you who haven't been to their stores, go... they're awesome!

Gort:  I've got 3.  A .50 single shot pistol, just for target shoots, I'm not bad, but there's many who are better. Roll Eyes  A .45 fullstock rifle, that I haven't shot a lot, but it's fairly accurate.  And a couple years ago my brother built me a .75 blunderbuss, which is purely for the fun of it.  It's a nice looking gun, but with a short smoothbore barrel, even with shot, it's still a close range gun.  Which is of course what they were built for; the original sawed off shotgun!  I haven't hunted with any of these, and don't even get a chance to shoot often, one of the disadvantages of living in a highly populated area. Tongue  I'll have to see if I've got some pics of it on my comp. Undecided

Edit: ah, here we go!
http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/redneck72102/guns/th_IM000555.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/redneck72102/guns/th_IM000557.jpg
And an idea of what .75 caliber is, about a 12 gauge
http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/redneck72102/guns/th_IM000558.jpg

Yes indeed it was Cabela's, if I recall it was just off the freeway in Nebraska, A big McDonalds by the exit ,and the biggest fish tank I have ever seen inside a building,a beautifull Shotgun room, and what was great they had truck parking (Semi's), all ways got delayed there
I could walk around for hours ,great outdoor clothing ,just a fine store.
Wasn't  most of the gear sold in there Made in the USA ?
The two pistols I had were large I think 44 caliber, cap and ball, They were made in a forehgn country but not china, I think Italy or Spain.
the Caps were made in Germany, so they were precision made and the pistols wearn't  = bad fit.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #193 - 11/27/09 at 01:13:03

That's the one, Sidney Nebraska.  They started out in a brick warehouse there, selling homemade flys through flyers in the mail.

The pistols were probably made by Uberti, Italian if I remember right.  .44, I had one, after firing a few cyliders it'd start to get gummed up and you'd have to help it turn when you pulled the hammer back.  Black powder does NOT burn clean. Grin  I actually traded the revolver for the pistol in the pics.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #194 - 11/27/09 at 01:13:39

Now lets get this thread back where it belongs, speaking of works of art ,I came accross this little beauty a half ago.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 79
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 16:25:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › savage photos + let's see you and your ride!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.