mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Re: Snow
Reply #15 - 11/23/10 at 14:27:05

kimchris1 wrote on 11/23/10 at 13:33:11:
Mick, John, sluggo, while I am here in Ca tending to Mom. I have been keeping up to date on the weather back home in Wa. Hubby says we have several  inches and it is very cold. Tonight's lows may even hit single digits.
I will enjoy the sunshine here and think of you guys in the snow.
Hopefully the storms will be over with and I will catch a break in between them when I travel over the moutain passes next week..  
Phelonius you enjoy the islands and we all know you miss the snow.. Hugs.. Kim Smiley

still have light snow falling here in N Oregon at 32 degrees. you should call highway patrol and check the passes before you leave,good luck.
                                                                                    Mick.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #16 - 11/23/10 at 17:22:57

Got a call from Shari's sister today and our WA house sitter wondered when the plow was coming by. Eastern WA has blowing snow and drifts, house sitter said he couldn't get out as he didn't know where the road is. He is from Spokane (which generally has worse weather than Moses Lake)  and has a new jeep 4 by and the road is laid out E/W and pretty obvious due to the line of trees. O well.  Farmer B-i-L will be by with the tractor and box scraper before too long. Today was a closed school and CC day according to the e-mails. 65 deg in Phoenix here today and cloudy and the locals are complaining.  We used the truck to go to the oncologist in case she changed the meds formula and I would have been unable to drive the sidecar, but same meds only tomorrow due to no on the shelf, so I'll drive the sidecar then. Have run 3 tanks of gas through the sidecar already and 2 through the bagger. Max  

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #17 - 11/24/10 at 05:20:52

babyhog wrote on 11/23/10 at 06:27:47:
I actually got to ride yesterday!!  We've had plenty of days that were warm enough, I've just needed my Jeep most days, or haven't had time to ride.  Yesterday was about 70° and I knew I had to take it out, although it was only for about an hour.  But worth it!

Today is nasty rainy, we might see some snow Thursday or Friday, I think, but the weekend will be warm again.  Crazy weather, no wonder I can't seem to feel 100% healthy.

I actually got the bike out early this morning.  Haven't rode in a couple weeks, and it was getting to me! Smiley  So I fired it up and headed to town to drop a DVD in the return box.  I'm sure I got some strange looks from the other 3 people on the road, considering it was 3am and 17°! Shocked  At least the roads were dry, or I wouldn't have tried it.  Found out my newer warmer gloves are not up to -9° of windchill! Grin

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #18 - 11/24/10 at 11:42:22

Sometimes when I ride for any distance in cold weather, I fill one of those rubber hot water bottles with hot water and stick it down the front of my jacket. Makes a great hand or butt warmer too when I pull over. Take a packet of hot chocolate or instant coffee and have a nice warm drink on the side of the road. Sounds goofy but it works great. Bought a small one at a dollar store for a buck.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 11/24/10 at 12:03:31

Somewhere, I heard that they attach a cup to the exhaust pipe to heat water for tea.  If such a bracket were to hit me eye, I'd pick one up.

WWW   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #20 - 11/24/10 at 13:23:25

Stinger that is a great idea and one I may use myself.

Mick my Mom's neighbor is a Deputy Sheriff and I will have him find out the pass and road conditions for me as he will be able to talk to the DOT first hand, before I venture home next week. If I didn't have a Dr's appt on Dec 3, I would not have to venture back. Then again the bad weather is just starting and could get worse.
I will let you all know when I start and finish my adventure thru the mountains..

I did tell my Mom I would find a trucker with an empty trailer, he could put my lil suv up on his trailer and drop me off on the other side.. hahaha,.. Hugs all.. Kim  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
tcreeley

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 11/25/10 at 15:54:37

No snow in Maine- just rain! Cheesy

tcreeley

it is what it is
  IP Logged
piglt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 11/25/10 at 19:51:04

Snow and Cold are four letter words for a reason!  Smiley

IP Logged
piglt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 11/26/10 at 07:26:06

Woke up this morning with snow on the ground YUCK!!!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #24 - 11/26/10 at 08:09:56

I had a friend who worked for Halliburton in Denver. His job was to sell & maintain gas flow measurement equipment. He had to drive thru the mountain passes thru all seasons. Told me he woke up in fear all the time, having seen people die in crashes & from exposure after getting stuck because they slipped off the road. He was happy to get transferred back to Odessa, Tx. It HAD to be bad to be happy to go back to Odessa,, Ugghhh,, ugly is a permanent & accurate descriptor for Odessa. as is nearly fatally boring.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #25 - 11/26/10 at 09:52:16

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/26/10 at 08:09:56:
I had a friend who worked for Halliburton in Denver. His job was to sell & maintain gas flow measurement equipment. He had to drive thru the mountain passes thru all seasons. Told me he woke up in fear all the time, having seen people die in crashes & from exposure after getting stuck because they slipped off the road. He was happy to get transferred back to Odessa, Tx. It HAD to be bad to be happy to go back to Odessa,, Ugghhh,, ugly is a permanent & accurate descriptor for Odessa. as is nearly fatally boring.

I remember Odessa TX. When I was moving from California to South Carolina I got pulled over just outside of Odessa. But to be fair I was doing 93mph in a 55mph zone in a 91 Saturn SL2 or SR2 I can never remember if it is supposed to be SL or SR.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #26 - 11/26/10 at 10:13:59

I remember Odessa Texas,,

Yep, trauma is hard to forget.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
piglt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 11/26/10 at 11:07:17

anyone remember the old VW Bug commerical. Did ever wonder how the snowplow driver got to his snowplow. Grin
Sure miss my old beetles some days, had a 68, 71 and 73. they were the only thing I owned wasn't a truck or motorcycle

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #28 - 12/01/10 at 18:47:37

Happy to report I made it home safe and sound yesterday afternoon.
Plenty of snow on the side of the roads coming thru the passes yet none in the lanes.
Plenty of State Troopers thru Ca, Or and Wa. Their were 6 Wa. State Troopers my last hr on the road. That made me have to slow down for sure. Wink  Travel time from Mom's door to mine was 12 hrs..
Needless to say I was beat.

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #29 - 12/02/10 at 05:01:10

kimchris1 wrote on 12/01/10 at 18:47:37:
Happy to report I made it home safe and sound yesterday afternoon.
Plenty of snow on the side of the roads coming thru the passes yet none in the lanes.
Plenty of State Troopers thru Ca, Or and Wa. Their were 6 Wa. State Troopers my last hr on the road. That made me have to slow down for sure. Wink  Travel time from Mom's door to mine was 12 hrs..
Needless to say I was beat.

Glad to hear ya made the drive ok. Smiley  It's been mostly steady rain around here for the last week now. Tongue

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 00:26:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › Snow

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.