babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Any Springsteen fans?
Reply #16 - 11/23/10 at 07:14:58

Please refrain from turning my post into a political thread.

Thank you.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #17 - 11/23/10 at 07:54:29

babyhog wrote on 11/23/10 at 07:14:58:
Please refrain from turning my post into a political thread.

Thank you.  

Good point BH. Where are the moderators?  Roll Eyes

FSO
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/23/10 at 08:03:54

I think a post about Springsteen and his music has no choice but to turn to politics since Springsteen turns himself that way at any opportunity. When you use your music and concerts to jump into the pool and push a political agenda/party, you can't not hope to get wet.

But the thing I always thought was funny was when Chrysler wanted to use Born in the USA in their commericals. Didn't they listen to the lyrics? Don't they know who Springsteen is? He obviously said no but who's the idiot in Chrysler's marketing department that thought that was a good idea...........

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #19 - 11/23/10 at 08:34:22

WebsterMark wrote on 11/23/10 at 08:03:54:
I think a post about Springsteen and his music has no choice but to turn to politics since Springsteen turns himself that way at any opportunity. When you use your music and concerts to jump into the pool and push a political agenda/party, you can't not hope to get wet.

But the thing I always thought was funny was when Chrysler wanted to use Born in the USA in their commericals. Didn't they listen to the lyrics? Don't they know who Springsteen is? He obviously said no but who's the idiot in Chrysler's marketing department that thought that was a good idea...........

Point taken, that's why I asked nicely not to take it in that direction.  I was only trying to share with possible fans that he had an album coming out.

But whatever!  Bash his politics however you want.  He is still a brilliant musician. 

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 11/23/10 at 08:41:22

Hey, Im pretty snotty about what Ill listen to & not complain. Honestly, even I like a fair %age of his stuff. I do wonder about that "working class guy" image..

Piglett, Im sorry for stompin in yer thread.I just cant help myself sometimes. I Just Gotta Say whats on my mind..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #21 - 11/23/10 at 08:48:14

no biggie... i'm aready ova it...   Wink

IP Logged
piglt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 11/23/10 at 09:30:03

Got to see one at the Specrtum in Philly and the other a Laurel Race track years ago. Loved them both and would pay my hard earned money to see them both again. I can't remember which one I had the hots for more. They were my two favorite things, rock and roll and motorcycles. Grin

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 11/23/10 at 09:49:41

babyhog, not a FAN, but I do like a few of his songs. Streets of philadelphia is one.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #24 - 11/23/10 at 11:03:16

Heck, I admit there are plenty of his songs that I don't like either.  I prefer his early 80's and earlier stuff.  He has had many sounds (and looks) throughout the years.  Looked like a friggin hobo in the early years, then he got all prim and proper when he was married to Julianne whats-her-face.  His sound evolved, his writing style has seen changes, his subject matter has seen changes.  He really isn't all that great "technically" as a singer.  But the man can play a sweet harmonica!  61 years old and been rockin since his early 20's.    

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #25 - 11/23/10 at 15:07:50

sorry i got off track   but you did ask what we thought.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #26 - 11/24/10 at 05:23:04

sluggo wrote on 11/23/10 at 15:07:50:
sorry i got off track   but you did ask what we thought.

not really, was just information for anyone interested.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #27 - 11/24/10 at 05:47:51

mick wrote on 11/22/10 at 14:49:51:
No

+1

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #28 - 11/24/10 at 07:44:17

Springsteen in my local newspaper today: http://www.app.com/article/20101123/NEWS/11230330/Springsteen-jams-with-local...

As far as a human being, the man is quite generous. He's donated a Shite load of money to local charities over the years.

FSO
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:32:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › Any Springsteen fans?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.