Send Topic Print
Raced a truck (Read 226 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Raced a truck
11/17/10 at 20:07:06

Went for a ride today just to clear the blues. After 25 miles headed back. Got stopped at a light beside a Dodge pickup with Flowmasters and duals. Didn't even look at the guy. He just took off a little too fast to suit me. The little Savage stayed just about 30 feet behind his right rear fender all the way to ninety. The light was on a four lane hwy with about a 1 1/2 mile straight. Gave him a wave and backed off to 65. Felt good! I'm 57 and I know better, but it was 60 degrees, sun shining, 650 was enjoying the cool air. Sorry to bother ya'll with this, but who else can I tell--my wife?

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Re: Raced a truck
Reply #1 - 11/18/10 at 04:45:34

Nothing wrong with that. I'm 44 and did that the other day against a Ninja 500. It was fun  Every now and then you gotta get the rust off the piston. Grin

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #2 - 11/18/10 at 05:40:38

Everyone does it, some more often than others. Its nice to see how our little single can hold up against the other metal out there on the road.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #3 - 11/18/10 at 07:33:41

And if he was in a big Dodge, you can bet he was shocked that you stayed with him.   Shocked  Cool for you, and thanks for sharing.  

from your other "wives"...   Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Howitzer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Boston, MA
Reply #4 - 11/19/10 at 23:00:14

It's fun to read stories like this.  

Today I was at the first in line, stopped at a one way traffic light, so I just took off down the street for a short bit (probably only hit 40 or so).  I noticed that at the next light, this black Benz next to me revved his engine up high as he took off.  I guess he wanted to show me he had some power too  Grin.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 11/20/10 at 01:21:53

Have you guys seen how the late model Cadillacs scoot on?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #6 - 11/20/10 at 20:27:33

Jog2, About 10 years ago my boss's son let me drive his 48 valve northern light semi hemi whatchamacallit. It was his wife's car. Not like the CTS of today. Looked like a banker's car. The power wasn't what impressed me so much as the handling. I can imagine they've improved even more since then. Fun car to thrash in luxury. Don't bet  against one unless you got some ponies.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #7 - 11/23/10 at 12:28:41

I just turned 70 and I do it frequently!  Grin

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 11/26/10 at 13:24:33

We were in Longview & I watched a guy in a Caddy turn left out of a parking lot onto a busy 5 lane , center left turn lane. He didnt use the left turn lane for a chicken lane, he rolled that thing out of the lot & turned left a bit, then stepped on it & zoomed his buttt right on into a gap in traffic. Looked like the same kinda acceleration Ive seen out of Hot Rods from the 70's.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 01:31:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › Raced a truck

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.