Send Topic Print
Replacement Windshield (Read 161 times)
Tanker2Biker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX (north of Houston)
Replacement Windshield
11/16/10 at 15:42:03

Just ordered a National Cycle PlexiFaring 3 to replace the PlexStar II that is laying in pieces by the side of the road where I went down on Doc a couple weeks back.  He's in the shop right now for some periodic maint and an oil change, while I am on the road (all last week in New Brunswick, and this week in Omaha).  I'll try and post some pics when I get the new one installed.

IP Logged
kingart3
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Replacement Windshield
Reply #1 - 11/21/10 at 13:04:36

I recently got a National Cycles "Street Shield" put on my 2009 S40.  This is my 4th bike over the years and the first with a windshield.  I really like it, I just wish now I had a BIGGER windshield.  I'm 6'2 and a 32" inseam so I am long in the body, that meant I had to raise it to max. height to get under the turbulence coming off the top.  As it is I still get some shaking of the glasses but that is from the turbulence boiling in off the sides.  This one does take a lot of wind pressure off the body, so I am now able to go 70+ without feeling I'm being blown OFF the bike.  Still, I am envious of the bikes pushing a plastic WALL down the road now ...LOL.

-Hal

IP Logged
JimRR
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/23/10 at 08:58:54

We put that same windshield, the National Cycle Plexifairing III, on my GF's Savage and it changed everything about the bike. Less wind noise, better protection for the hands and knees, an over all much more comfortable riding experience, we both like it. Regards, Jim.

IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #3 - 11/24/10 at 09:13:16

I've got to say that on the three L-O-N-G trips I've done with the III on my Sav there's no way I would ever go back to a little bug screen. I did switch back to the small shield for part of a local summer and it was such a let down. Bugs, wind, buffeting . . . Did I mention the bugs?

Love the III. Or 3 as it says in the literature.

Jack

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #4 - 11/24/10 at 09:16:52

And if you want to make it better with less wind hitting you put lowers on,I did and it help more than I thought it would.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Tanker2Biker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX (north of Houston)
Reply #5 - 11/25/10 at 04:07:24

bill67 wrote on 11/24/10 at 09:16:52:
And if you want to make it better with less wind hitting you put lowers on,I did and it help more than I thought it would.

Can you expand on that a little?  Where / how do they mount, and where do I look for them?

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #6 - 11/25/10 at 04:22:50

They mound on the forks,they are just down from the windshield,They keep the wind off your legs,Mine I got from rifle windshield they were about $100 I have seen other brands cheaper.Look up rifle windshields and you will see them.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 21:24:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Replacement Windshield

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.