Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
help whit my new progect (Read 320 times)
danDmen
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

help whit my new progect
11/22/10 at 07:34:17

ey guys ....good morning ....i have been doing a lot of research (well more like window shopping) and i will like to now what is the closes HD to the suzuki savage ....i have a 1986 ls 650 ...and i will like to buy a few things like :

new handle bars ...(maibe the 10" ape hanger ...but i like the look of the z-bars)

and a new pipe ( bud is so many different looks ...)

a new gas tank ....(whit a new side mounted speedo and tack....)

the trailer fender for the back (whit new bullet signals)

side mounted license plate (maybe whit the brake light included)

new cone filter (i have read the post for this ...and for the re-jet of the carb...)

and i wan new spokes for my rims ...or maybe powder coat them white ...i need a new back tire ...and i wan it withe wall (what are the measurement  of the rear and front spokes and tires of a 1986 ls 650 )

i am putting a new tractor seat ...

and a new paint job ....flat military green ...and white powder coat ...(but i what to do it the right way ....please can some buddy explain me how to do it )

and i wan to replace some  screws for brass screws ( the ones for the side cover of the engine)....

and i need to do some regular maintenance ...change a couple of gaskets ....

well i think this is all i wan for now .....

can you guys please point me in the right direction .....give me advice ...and maybe give me some links to where i can find cheap parts thanks to all ...for all your comments Shocked

i have read the coments left in the other post i made in the cafe ....thanks to perrydasavage, babyhog and jef.savage ....very use full pages ...and links ...

« Last Edit: 11/23/10 at 04:54:37 by danDmen »  
  IP Logged
danDmen
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: what to look for when buying HD parts for the
Reply #1 - 11/22/10 at 07:35:50

danDmen wrote on 11/22/10 at 07:34:17:
ey guys ....good morning ....i have been doing a lot of research (well more like window shopping) and i will like to now what is the closes HD to the suzuki savage ....i have a 1986 ls 650 ...and i will like to buy a few things like :

new handle bars ...(maibe the 10" ape hanger ...but i like the look of the z-bars)

and a new pipe ( bud is so many different looks ...)

a new gas tank ....(whit a new side mounted speedo and tack....)

the trailer fender for the back (whit new bullet signals)

side mounted license plate (maybe whit the brake light included)

new cone filter (i have read the post for this ...and for the re-jet of the carb...)

and i wan new spokes for my rims ...or maybe powder coat them white ...i need a new back tire ...and i wan it withe wall (what are the measurement  of the rear and front spokes and tires of a 1986 ls 650 )

i am putting a new tractor seat ...

and a new paint job ....flat military green ...and white powder coat ...(but i what to do it the right way ....please can some buddy explain me how to do it )

and i wan to replace some  screws for brass screws ( the ones for the side cover of the engine)....

and i need to do some regular maintenance ...change a couple of gaskets ....

well i think this is all i wan for now .....

can you guys please point me in the right direction .....give me advice ...and maybe give me some links to where i can find cheap parts thanks to all ...for all your comments http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1121.snc4/148372_457141274982_5... Shocked

i have read the coments left in the other post i made in the cafe ....thanks to perrydasavage, babyhog and jef.savage ....very use full pages ...and links ...

PD: yes is the same post  Shocked Huh...i am just hopping for more answers  Grin Grin

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 11/22/10 at 07:55:08

Your laundry list is long, maybe too long.

Handlebars, your only limit is Ĝ1" I've forgotten, 8 or 10" high max, otherwise you'll need new cables and wiring.  When you install the controlls, there's a little pin on the inside, file it off, they clamp down well enough not to need them.

WWW   IP Logged
danDmen
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/22/10 at 09:59:03

hey guys good morning ...i was looking to buy a white wall back tire ...but i am having problems findig a match cof the one i have (avon 140/90h15)...but i found this ...170/90h15   is this going to be to much money to modify..... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin i now i am crazy !!

ok ok ...how about the 150/90h15.....

http://www.revzilla.com/product/continental-milestone-cruising-touring-tires

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: help whit my new progect
Reply #4 - 11/23/10 at 20:07:22

You're going to have trouble with anything over 150, not a huge amount but increasing with size.  Take a look at OF's fitting a large tire in the tech section.  And becareful of the tire's OD, 25.5" is big.

WWW   IP Logged
wayne929
YaBB Newbies

fort myers
Reply #5 - 11/23/10 at 20:23:59

as far as painting your rims white AND having whitewalls... idk, that seems overboard to me. seeming how your bike is red id either leave it the way it is or get a matching red. otherwise i think youll just have a white overload at the front and the back of your bike

Go Faster, So the Thrill of Speed Overcomes the Fear of Death
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #6 - 11/24/10 at 00:24:56

Agree here ... white walled tires look fab with the traditional Bobber-look red or black powder coated rims (spokes left in natural state of course!) ... and I've always preferred the white wall to be on the rear only ... but that's just me!

If you're gonna Bob your '86 ... then a couple of looks you might wanna consider ... flat black paint job with white and red pinstriping, red wheel rims and white walls ...

Or ... flat army green paint job, white pinstriping or WW2 style "nose art" tank decals (or some other "retro" look decals), black wheel rims, brown leather solo seat and regular black walled tires ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Edgar

Are you a lucky
little lady in the
city of light?

San Diego
Reply #7 - 11/24/10 at 01:03:08

PerrydaSavage wrote on 11/24/10 at 00:24:56:
Agree here ... white walled tires look fab with the traditional Bobber-look red or black powder coated rims (spokes left in natural state of course!) ... and I've always preferred the white wall to be on the rear only ... but that's just me!

If you're gonna Bob your '86 ... then a couple of looks you might wanna consider ... flat black paint job with white and red pinstriping, red wheel rims and white walls ...

Or ... flat army green paint job, white pinstriping or WW2 style "nose art" tank decals (or some other "retro" look decals), black wheel rims, brown leather solo seat and regular black walled tires ...

I was gonna go the olive green look myself to avoid the usual flat black and red combo until my friend convinced me to do what I like. My fav color combo has always been black and red, my car carries this theme. Point being, when I was gonna do the olive green look I was gonna do a white star on the tank or a white spade, the symbol of easy company in band of brothers. I remember you're Canadian right? It'd be cool of you honored a Canadian WWII regiment with their symbol on your tank, IF you went that route.
As for white wheels, do it man, if you have this picture in your head of your dream bike, just go for it

Stay Frosty.
  IP Logged
danDmen
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 11/24/10 at 06:51:35

hey guys thanks for all you responses to day i just buy this to start my build ...

IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #9 - 11/24/10 at 07:25:32

The problem with white walls is most are Harley market aimed and only available for 16" wheels. Coker probably has odd sizes but price would be high and performance level is questionable. If you want to throw money at your scooter changing the wheels  (rims and spokes) would be the best option but pricey.http://www.buchananspokes.net/ I've been fantasizing for 17" wheels to open up tire selection but the cost has kept it on the back burner. White walls do look great with the right trim.

IP Logged
BarneyBWilde

Adrenaline does it
every time!

Down by the Gulf in Texas!
Reply #10 - 11/24/10 at 07:59:52

Lupo wrote on 11/24/10 at 07:25:32:
The problem with white walls is most are Harley market aimed and only available for 16" wheels. Coker probably has odd sizes but price would be high and performance level is questionable. If you want to throw money at your scooter changing the wheels  (rims and spokes) would be the best option but pricey.http://www.buchananspokes.net/ I've been fantasizing for 17" wheels to open up tire selection but the cost has kept it on the back burner. White walls do look great with the right trim.
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3997/andy0057.jpg

I hope there wasn't a message there.  If so I failed to read it!  Nice picture!

WWW   IP Logged
danDmen
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 11/24/10 at 08:06:00

and i am going to make a pipe like this

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #12 - 11/24/10 at 08:08:57

If you have the welding skills, great and good luck.

P.S. you only need 1!  Grin

danDmen wrote on 11/24/10 at 08:06:00:

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #13 - 11/24/10 at 08:14:07

Many of the GS series wheels are a direct swap.
And they come in both cast and spoked.

The GS450 is a 16" and the pulley and brakes are a direct swap.
The Gs550 is a 17"  The pulley is a direct swap but the brakes are disk.

But there is the source for rims, all you need is spokes.

WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #14 - 11/24/10 at 08:58:19

Here's a look for the paint ...

Love the idea of Easy Co.s "spade" insignia on the tank! B of B has to be one of the BEST WW2 films I've ever seen! But seein' as how the owner of this '86 is a fellow Canuck, a Cdn. regiments insignia on the tank would be awesome! The 3rd Canadian Infantry Division fought on Juno Beach on D-Day ... here's their insignia;

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 18:52:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › help whit my new progect

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.