Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SUZUKI SAVAGE LS650 LOUD HARLEY MUFFLER CONVERSION (Read 589 times)
Savage_96
YaBB Newbies

Lil Bumblebee

East Bay
SUZUKI SAVAGE LS650 LOUD HARLEY MUFFLER CONVERSION
11/14/10 at 15:11:48

I want to change my exhaust on my bike and I've been looking at Harley mufflers and I want to know if any one has used these or know someone else who has. I want to know how easy they were to put on and if this can even work, I dont want to do any harm to my bike. I dont want a jardine exhaust or supertrapp if anyone knows of other kinds pls include to.

IP Logged
Edgar

Are you a lucky
little lady in the
city of light?

San Diego
Re: SUZUKI SAVAGE LS650 LOUD HARLEY MUFFLER CONVER
Reply #1 - 11/14/10 at 23:35:21

You shouldn't post questions in the TECH section, post them in the rubberside down section and you'll get waaaay more answers. An yes many many people have switched to Harley dyna and sportster mufflers, try searching and you'll find many threads on it. Here's one to help you:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1274566701

Stay Frosty.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 11/15/10 at 19:53:21

You want it loud? just take the dang thing off.

WWW   IP Logged
Edgar

Are you a lucky
little lady in the
city of light?

San Diego
Reply #3 - 11/15/10 at 20:04:30

Is that legal in California slavy? Itd be so much cheaper to out a auto muffler tip than to get a jardine, but how'd performance and legality of it be affected?

Stay Frosty.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 11/15/10 at 21:54:07

Slavy is a different guy, call me versy, v1, big V, anything but someone else and never late for lunch.

legal, don't think so, but hellacious loud ain't legal either.
harley trade marked I think.

Put a plain straight pipe or leave it off and cut out the middle man.
And if you want it that loud, you don't get a sh!t about your neighbor, why would you give one about your engine.

WWW   IP Logged
Edgar

Are you a lucky
little lady in the
city of light?

San Diego
Reply #5 - 11/15/10 at 22:47:44

verslagen1 wrote on 11/15/10 at 21:54:07:
Slavy is a different guy, call me versy, v1, big V, anything but someone else and never late for lunch.

legal, don't think so, but hellacious loud ain't legal either.
harley trade marked I think.

Put a plain straight pipe or leave it off and cut out the middle man.
And if you want it that loud, you don't get a sh!t about your neighbor, why would you give one about your engine.

Oh sorry! Thought ppl called you slavy, my mistake Big V! Course I care bout my engine it's why I ask. Neighbors aren't gonna hassle seeming as how the cul de sac I live in has two 6.0 Ford pick ups with flows, a 46 mercury hot rod that wakes the dead, an awful  60 something VW beetle, and an even worse fast and the furious honda. I'll just continue my pursuit of a jardine

Stay Frosty.
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #6 - 11/16/10 at 07:18:41

I went with a HD screamin eagle, the old kind not version II. Had to put a hole in the muffler support on the bike to get it to fit but no big deal. Also replaced the stock clamp with a heavy duty clamp because it got rusty and leaked from the connection. The HD clamps is good and tight and looks better.

IP Logged
Savage_96
YaBB Newbies

Lil Bumblebee

East Bay
Reply #7 - 11/16/10 at 16:09:44

Well Ive always heard that its not good to go straight pipe.. not good for your bike. I dont care how loud it is, I wan to know if anygood brands what will make my bike sound better. http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Templates/Forum/default/highlight.gif

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 11/16/10 at 21:01:49

Get on ebay and look for a muffler for aHarley Dyna. You might get a stock Harley muffler or an aftermarket like my Screaming Eagle. As long as it's meant for a Dyna it's good (with two exceptions). If you want louder pick whichever one is cheapest. If you want better exhaust flow pick whichever one is cheapest. If you want better looking pick whichever one is cheapest. Not much worse than the stock cannon. Its heavy, ugly, sounds like crap.
Things to look out for
Do NOT get a muffler with a crossover. If you arent sure by the pictures ask the seller.
IF you can, get a muffler with rail type mounting. Your other choice is tab type mounting. You can make tab mounting work but the rail mount is much easier.
Things to know before you move on
No one's dyna muffler conversion has worked out exactly the same way. It requires some figuring and fiddling and is not a smooth direct fit.
Get back to us once you have a muffler in hand. Until then read old posts with relevant subject titles. Hopefully by the time you get a muffler you'll have read enough to know what to do.

IP Logged
LWRider
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 11/17/10 at 13:45:06

I put on a muffler from a H-D FXS1450. I had to cut the neck off just behind the crossover, but then it mounts pretty easily. Can't beat the price--free from my local bike shop; guys pull these off all the time to put on other pipes and just leave them with him.

And sound is the nicest I've heard. Low, not overly loud but with a deep mellow sound.

Looking back I guess I should clarify: I used the top (rear) muffler. It looks like the bottom (front) muffler's crossover is much closer to the actual muffler section and there may not be enough room left to mount it after cutting it off behind the crossover.

Cheers,

Mike

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #10 - 11/18/10 at 07:36:55

LWRider wrote on 11/17/10 at 13:45:06:
I put on a muffler from a H-D FXS1450. I had to cut the neck off just behind the crossover, but then it mounts pretty easily. Can't beat the price--free from my local bike shop; guys pull these off all the time to put on other pipes and just leave them with him.

And sound is the nicest I've heard. Low, not overly loud but with a deep mellow sound.

Looking back I guess I should clarify: I used the top (rear) muffler. It looks like the bottom (front) muffler's crossover is much closer to the actual muffler section and there may not be enough room left to mount it after cutting it off behind the crossover.

Cheers,

Mike

Got any pics with it installed?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
LWRider
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 11/18/10 at 15:01:56

Yep:

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 14:47:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › SUZUKI SAVAGE LS650 LOUD HARLEY MUFFLER CONVERSION

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.