Send Topic Print
Vets... (Read 284 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Vets...
Reply #15 - 11/14/10 at 19:16:18

I've heard theres a lot of minerals there like gold and silver.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 11/14/10 at 21:59:27

important stuff, like lithium . But that was known waay back,, about 20 years ago..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #17 - 11/14/10 at 22:41:41

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/14/10 at 21:59:27:
important stuff, like lithium . But that was known waay back,, about 20 years ago..

I think afganistan is the only sauce for Meerchum tobacco pipes,prety sure anyway.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #18 - 11/15/10 at 16:16:58

you  muck raking old cronie bastards need to stay on the tall table

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #19 - 11/15/10 at 16:43:43

You Thumper need to go to Afghanistan and help out our boys give them a break,You can be on full time KP and latrine duty,Even at your age you could to that.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 11/15/10 at 16:55:01

I think there are about 8 new Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan Veterans in congress, well once they get sworn in.

As far as the guys in the field, they could do a lot better if they didn't have to consult lawyers every time they pulled a trigger btw.
Thanks for sucky rules of engagement.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #21 - 11/15/10 at 17:35:19

bill67 wrote on 11/15/10 at 16:43:43:
You Thumper need to go to Afghanistan and help out our boys give them a break,You can be on full time KP and latrine duty,Even at your age you could to that.

i got my honorable discharge..
i did my time
now im back in The World....
you need to come home

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #22 - 11/15/10 at 18:16:01

thumperclone wrote on 11/15/10 at 16:16:58:

if the average life span is three score and ten that's =70 so half of that =35,that would be middle age,  so at 55 you are an old cronie,
My Mothers name was Jessie, my fathers name was William. they were married in 1935,I was born in 1937,so that makes me NOT a bastard. there was nothing offensive about my statement on meesham pipes,in general a cronie is a woman.
So Mr Thumper look at your statement before you post it ,then you won't look so stupid,have a nice evening,  Mick

mickrowe37   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #23 - 11/17/10 at 07:45:04

May I bring this thread back on track.

Phelonius wrote on 11/14/10 at 17:52:17:
Alex had more success than us because he was not burdened by being politically correct.

Phelonius

Alexander was smart enough (and was counselled wisely) to know that the one thing most prized by the local Kings was honor.

You can't buy, barter nor swap honor. Ya got it or ya ain't.

Alexander realized the locals wopuld die rather than give an inch, they refused the notion of "strategic retreat", so did the wise thing:
he married Roxane, daughter to one of the Kings, and moved nito the Royal Family.
Not that he needed to become royal, he was already King of Macedonia.
BUT
through that wedding he moved his rook in such a way to look at his father-in-law in the face and say checkmate.

What should our politicians do in order to move as wisely ?
For starters, stop repeating the same old line over and over like a stuck record player, and reverse-check their desired end-state.
What is it that they want to achieve, exactly ?
Can anyone pinpoint exactly where the Taliban are on a blind map?
Can anyone determine whether they are now in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kyrgizistan or in any other Stanistan ?

Do they realize they are forcing the Allied contingents to play with the same lopsided rules of engagement they used ni Vietnam with reference to Laos and Cambodia ?

OR

Are we going to see yet another scramble for the last helicopter from the rooftops of Saigon ?  Lips Sealed

I remember, I was in the US way back then...  Embarrassed

PS An interesting read... written before the November 2009 elections
http://leejohnbarnes.blogspot.com/2008/11/media-rabbits-and-mc-hammer-lesson....

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
piglt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 11/17/10 at 09:15:03

When I first read this post and watched the video, my first thought was "cute kid', the troops showed him as much respect by doing an eyes right for him. Any Vet would know that. But as I've been reading all the other posts I can't beleive some of the crap.
My attitude, if it even matters is GET A LIFE
If you don't like the way the country is ran, run for office and change things, Jesse Venture did
If you got drafted during Vietnam, you must have lived to tell about it, or you moved north to avoid it. That war affected many families in the 60's, including mine. 2 uncles, 4 tours total. We were not allowed to talk when Walter Cronkite was on because he was covering the WAR. We watched in horror when people were trying to get on those birds.
I come from a family full of vets, great uncle is MIA from WWI, grandfathers and uncles served in WWII, drafted during korea, fought in vietnam, dad was in the Airforce, I served during Desert Storm, and yeah, the day I landed at Hunter Army Airfield, I swore my two feet would never leave North America again, and I ment it, ets 6 months later. Cousins serving now.
These bozos protesting Military funerals, don't here much more about them. PGR riders, 90% vets, pretty much put them in their place. When the jerks were here for Sammy's funeral, my boys wanted to get behind them with red, white and blue paint balls and open fire. They got my blessing on that stunt. To bad PGRs and locals ran them off before the kids got there.
Point is, if you don't like the way things are, change it, don't like being a vet, don't tell anybody. Most people don't really give a crap anyway.
Me, I'm proud of my 2 ARCOMs, 3 AAMs, 3 GOOD CONDUCTs, KUWAIT LIBERATION, OVERSEAS, and the others I can't remember. When my little a butt keels over, my boys plan on sending my ashes to Arlington.
My major Military complaint right now is I'm 6 miles from Ft Knox ranges and they're doing live tank fire and shaking the crap out of my house, but deep down I love it, I know those guys are out there to defend me and mine.
I'm sure I'm just as bad as some of the others by ranting like this. Sorry to offend anyone, but that's my opinion and you know what they say about opinions Smiley

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #25 - 11/17/10 at 09:43:20

Glad, you at least enjoyed the video, piglt... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
piglt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 11/17/10 at 10:27:21

Kind of reminded me of JFK jr honoring his daddy

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #27 - 11/18/10 at 09:39:08

Piglt, I don't know if I offended you, because in this case I have been seriously misread.

After 31 years in the Army (and still serving), I only have three ribbons.
That's not because I never did anything worth mentioning, but simply because we don't hand out ribbons for doing what you're told.

You get ribbons for doing stuff unexpected, or because of "serious business".

On the other hand, we have metallic pins for other stuff, no fabric patches, we're Old World and still use metallic pins.
So much, in fact, that when an Officer who's got some duty under his belt walks by he might well "jingle"  Cool

My post is not to be read with an assumption of scorn, nor of contempt.
Rather, with the emotion of one who spent his childhood in the US, and was heartbroken when he had to leave.

If, on the other hand, you didn't like posts and opinions posted by others,well, may I use your very own words:
"that's my opinion and you know what they say about opinions "

Now, if someone rants he did Vietnam and thought it was all wrong, please recite the Pledge of Allegiance and ask yourself where and when
"Liberty and Justice for all" are threatened to the point you feel you must invade Grenada, or evict the islanders of Diego Garcia for the sake of an airbase.

And before you erupt into a fit of frenzied patriotism, take the time to think and answer this easy question:
"When was the last time you drove through town and saw foreign military vehicles ?"

In other words... smile and realize how lucky you are to live in a Country that's "out of range" to any kind of direct military strike.
Europe has been at peace for  65 years now, last time it was so peaceful around here people were going to the Coliseum to see lion fights.

Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #28 - 11/18/10 at 12:27:09

thumperclone wrote on 11/15/10 at 16:16:58:

sorry we don't have a little kiddy table for you , you Nasty little man.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 06:30:36

General CategoryThe Cafe › Vets...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.