Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
So far (Read 189 times)
ebonysresearch

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

So far
11/04/10 at 05:23:52

this is suzan Harley so far.  still have to locate a spring seat, relocate the regulator and battery, weld the intake track and bob the rear fender. switched to a harley sportster master cylinder and clutch perch, mirrors grips, king peanut tank, clubman bars.  The master cylinder and brake line were the most fun to bleed out.  Had to hook the stock master cyl. to the other end and pump the brake fluid backwards to prime it. sportster rear shocks...had to punch out the stock bushings and press them into the sportster shocks.  

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: So far
Reply #1 - 11/04/10 at 10:20:39

You've been workin hard on that thang!  Looks good.  What's the pipe from?  i.e. which Harley?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
BarneyBWilde

Adrenaline does it
every time!

Down by the Gulf in Texas!
Reply #2 - 11/04/10 at 10:28:30

Nice!!!!  Did those cafe racer bars come in a kit?

WWW   IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #3 - 11/04/10 at 10:32:26

Looks like your basic run of the mill "Cherry Bomb" muffler from the auto parts store to me. And those Clubman bars you can find if you search for them on ebay.

I like the mirror setup, kind of like the ones that they put on the new HD Sportster (74 or 44? something like that)  Huh

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
ebonysresearch

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/04/10 at 16:22:32

Yup 26 inch cherry bomb needed a baffle to pass WV inspection. the guy in charge of inspections is calling the state inspector to find out if I can run with no speedo but, other than that it passes..    the clubman bars are 1 inch to match up with all the harley switch housings and ect.  around 50$ off ebay which is cheap. when compared to changing all the switch housings to clip on bars.  though they are in about the same position.  Harley started to put the upside down mirrors on the 48 (sportster) last year.  same mirror, just upside down and backwards.  Waiting for some black mirrors to fall out of the sky.  those were off a fatboy I believe.  but they work.

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #5 - 11/05/10 at 12:33:44

darn,that looks good! makkes me want a savage again.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 20:24:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › So far

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.