Send Topic Print
Found a cheap Thumper. (Read 179 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Found a cheap Thumper.
11/04/10 at 19:52:48

I found a Kazuma 225 Cheatah on CL for $100. It looks good, but doesn't run. Haven't talked to the guy yet so I don't know if it's locked up. I'd like to make a motard or just something to fool with. Google shows a 200 but no 225. It's about 80 miles away. I'm leary of Chinese stuff, but in the 60s people were wary of Japanese stuff. Give me your opinions/experiences for this bike. I'm very broke, but I'm not going to fool with my 650. I got it like I like it. What do ya'll think?  

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Found a cheap Thumper.
Reply #1 - 11/05/10 at 13:37:06

Dude, for 100 clams how could you go wrong? Just make sure you get a title and bill of sale. If the engine is toast drop a dirt bike engine in it.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #2 - 11/05/10 at 17:56:23

JohnBoy wrote on 11/05/10 at 13:37:06:
Dude, for 100 clams how could you go wrong? Just make sure you get a title and bill of sale. If the engine is toast drop a dirt bike engine in it.

JohnBoy, thanks for your reply. That's the same reasoning I used to get the Honda Spree that I don't have time to fix. And the Allis Chalmers B model tractor that I got running and broke even on. And the scooter of unknown origin I sold for scrap years ago. And a 63 Chevrolet. I have finally learned to ask a few questions first from people who have been there. And ten years from now I'll look at that bike sitting out under a tarp and think,"Man, if I had that $100 I could buy a gallon and a half of gas."  

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #3 - 11/05/10 at 20:08:10

Boofer, I started to reply earlier today, and say for 100 bucks, at least you'd have something to tinker with, even if you end up taking it apart and selling parts.....  but if you think you will let it sit, or sink a bunch of money into it (that you may not have!), then maybe its not worth a dime!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 11/05/10 at 21:48:16

I worked for a guy who knew construction. He was excited about the possibilities he saw in an old building. He saw a cool little apartment complex, inhabited by cool people,,,But, the place was a dump, about to be bulldozed. He took me to look at it & asked me what I thot.
I told him

"Get about $10,000.00 in it & about every spare minute of your life for the next 3 months & it otta be in good enough shape to open up a crack house"

The point is, knowin when to say when. I thin you otta keep that 100 bucks i n yer pocket,

Better yet. go buy some silver. Start collecting copper & aluminum.

He didnt buy it..

The point is, knowin when to say when. I think you otta keep that 100 bucks i n yer pocket,

Better yet. go buy some silver. Start collecting copper & aluminum.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 16:27:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Found a cheap Thumper.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.