Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
A great night for us
11/03/10 at 08:46:37

In the voting results yesterday, my son-in-law got elected to the Ohio House of Representatives, gathering over 70% of the vote from his district.

My daughter, his wife, is a city councilman in our town.  She was the only one out of 7 on council who refused to endorse a proposal on the ballot yesterday to double our city income tax.  The other 6 members of council supported the tax increase.  She led the fight against it all by herself.  The tax was defeated by an overwhelming margin of 80% of the voters voting against it.

I'm a "Proud Papa" this morning for both of them.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Re: A great night for us
Reply #1 - 11/03/10 at 08:51:36

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 11/03/10 at 08:46:37:
In the voting results yesterday, my son-in-law got elected to the Ohio House of Representatives, gathering over 70% of the vote from his district.

My daughter, his wife, is a city councilman in our town.  She was the only one out of 7 on council who refused to endorse a proposal on the ballot yesterday to double our city income tax.  The other 6 members of council supported the tax increase.  She led the fight against it all by herself.  The tax was defeated by an overwhelming margin of 80% of the voters voting against it.

I'm a "Proud Papa" this morning for both of them.

And so you should be ,dang shame they are republicans  Wink
They are republicans arent they ?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/03/10 at 09:21:20

Congratulations Jerry!

The people spoke, the question is, did Washington hear the overwhelmingly clear message?

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #3 - 11/03/10 at 10:42:33

Mick -

You're darn right they are Republicans.  My son-in-law's Dem opponent played really nasty, and it backfired on him

Probably in about two weeks he will get sued by another office holder about who he actually told lies that the guy was a child molester, which is totally not true.  This a$$hole was so desparate, he just tried anything to discredit any current R office holder.

I did see you car under the Clay thread- really gorgeous.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #4 - 11/03/10 at 10:50:47

Congtatulations Jerry to your daughter as well as your son n law.
It is always nice to hear of one person standing up against others and coming out on top. She did not let the others intimidate her.
I wish your son n law all the best as he ventures farther into politics.

I believe that Washington got a good head ups after yesterdays elections.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #5 - 11/03/10 at 12:44:10

Kudos!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #6 - 11/03/10 at 13:28:10

So now they will undo what Obama has done, take out any medical plan .
just about undo everything,I guess you guys really loved Bush ,because we are headed right back there ,once again America
is the laughing stock of the world,one step forward two steps back.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #7 - 11/03/10 at 13:51:58

Mick -

I wish it were that easy.  Remember, Dems still control the Senate.

I don't see a repeal of the Health Bill.  I do see some fine tuning.  Any bill that big has unforeseen problems in it that need refinement.

For instance, the requirement that each employer cover its employees makes no provision for someone like me and my little operations.  I have two employees who are covered on their spouses' insurance, which the spouses' employers provide.

As the law now stands, when it goes into effect, each person's employer will have to cover that person - so I'll have to cover my employee, the spouses will be covered by their employers.

Sounds OK, but in reality, it increases the premium totals that both employers pay.  That sure makes no sense.

The bill is riddled with little problems like that one, since it was rushed into place so fast, the Dems didn't sit back and think, and read carefully what they were proposing.  Many Congressmen admitted that they never read the whole bill.  That bill should have been debated over a couple of years - it was too massive to be rushed thru.  Then, those little problems could have been identified and fixed before the bill was passed.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 11/03/10 at 14:01:34

mick wrote on 11/03/10 at 13:28:10:
So now they will undo what Obama has done, take out any medical plan .
just about undo everything,I guess you guys really loved Bush ,because we are headed right back there ,once again America
is the laughing stock of the world,one step forward two steps back.

lets pray they do.  
the irony is some dems were running adds about how they were AGAINST Obuma care (WV governor Manchin)

nope, the world is still laughing at the Won, speaking of, It seems he is going to Mumbai to the tune of $200M a DAY, it would be better if he went golfing...... ALL the time

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #9 - 11/03/10 at 14:14:20

Jerry ,the one and only SIMPLE  SOLUSION is the single payer system like they have in the UK and Europe, have no dealings with insurance company's,put them out of the picture,all they want is money.
Uncle Sam is our insurer.
When Britain started the health plan every one was given a single peace of  paper , all your instructions were on it, "Pick your Doctor"
make an appountment ,go see him or her and register. need a hospital ? go to the nearest one . And that was about it.
Why in gods name do you guys have to complicate everything.
All you have to do to finance it is bring our troops home wars are not cheap. then every single person pays into the government ex amount of dollars for every one in your family, got a bunch of kids ,tough sh1t
you will pay more,you should have thought about that befor you became a cathlic.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #10 - 11/03/10 at 14:21:34

Mick -

That's the rub.  I represent insurance companies everyday.  I see the mpay claims they owe, and ones they don't even owe.  The only people who b!tch about insurance companies are ones who either don't understand the basic principles of contract law, or don't understand insurance in the first place.

I'll take their decission making ANY day over some gov't employee's.

It's really that simple.  But let's not re-hash this whole health care issue again - we did that for about 150 posts 2 over the past 2 years.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #11 - 11/03/10 at 14:28:24

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 11/03/10 at 14:21:34:
Mick -

That's the rub.  I represent insurance companies everyday.  I see the mpay claims they owe, and ones they don't even owe.  The only people who b!tch about insurance companies are ones who either don't understand the basic principles of contract law, or don't understand insurance in the first place.

I'll take their decission making ANY day over some gov't employee's.

It's really that simple.  But let's not re-hash this whole health care issue again - we did that for about 150 posts 2 over the past 2 years.

Ok fair enough,you know how I feel about it and I know how you feel,
we need not discuss it any more ,unless some politition comes up with a workable plan.not in my live time I bet.,or yours.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #12 - 11/03/10 at 18:49:05

Jerry, I normally mostly agree with you, but I have a question.  Why would it increase both companies premiums to only cover the employee of each company?  

My husband had much cheaper insurance than I was getting at my company, so I got on his plan.  We had to pay $40 per month extra, because I have insurance available through my place of employment.  I guess its because they want to cover employees, but not necessarily spouses.  Anyway, at the time, it was still cheaper, even with the extra $40 tacked on.  (And comparable coverage, so I'm not brining that part into this).  His went up 3 months after we transferred to it, so now I am considering going back to my company's policy for me, and he stay on his company's policy.  Waiting for numbers, but I think it is going to be cheaper for us that way.  So why would it be more for each company?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #13 - 11/03/10 at 19:12:21

Just had my open enrollment meeting today.
Guess what?  you can't opt out any more due to Obama Care.
We used to be able to pick the best insurance between me and my before she was ex and get a little extra to cover it.  Now you're forced to take company insurance.

WWW   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #14 - 11/03/10 at 20:20:51

That is strange as I just completed my enrollment last Friday,  and was able to opt out of the medical from my employer and stay on husbands.
I will make a call tomorrow and make sure, yet it did ask me if I was covered under spouse's?  kim

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:10:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › A great night for us

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.