Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Just got a  #!!$&*%@!!  ticket!... (Read 383 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Just got a  #!!$&*%@!!  ticket!...
Reply #15 - 10/29/10 at 20:18:07

Get the cops name & call the station & ask for him. Keep calling & asking on different days till you figure out his day off. Then, ask for a continuance till you can get a court date on his day off. He wont show,, I hope..

Well, you better get the continuance or whatever it is to postpone the court date.. see if thats even possible.. good luck,
Buut, I guess if you HAD good luck, you wouldna got the flamin tikkitt in the first place.

break a leg, kid

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #16 - 10/29/10 at 20:38:14

There might be a law that specifies what angles and orientations your plate can be at and still be legal.  That and a couple of measurements will tell Serowbot if he has a case or not.  If the law just says "plate must be clearly visible from rear" then there is definitely a good argument to be made and photos to show in court.  Of course it goes without saying, cops are parasites.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #17 - 10/29/10 at 20:56:59

Serowbot wrote on 10/29/10 at 16:05:21:
Now I hate EJID, too!.... Angry...

Just kidding EJID,... but, just don't show up at my door for a day or two... Grin...

It has to be visible from 50ft... but the whole bike is a dot at 50ft with my camera unless I zoom in...

PS,.. I have to fix it,... and pay $135.00...  he could have easily just asked me to bend it down...
I'm going to court,... Worth a shot... Huh...

Well, thankfully it would take me at least a day or two to even get there if I was headed that way  Huh but I am still on your side.

I agree with the others in saying check the wording in the law and take advantage of any ambiguity that may exist. I would make an honest effort to remedy it to some degree and then take it to court and do your best to fight it. Good luck, bro!  Cool

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #18 - 10/29/10 at 21:24:32

I look at tickets as fate.  There have been a few that I really didn't deserve.  On the other hand, there have been thousands of times that I deserved one and didn't get it.  I would say that I am way ahead of the "deserve" game.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #19 - 10/29/10 at 22:26:15

If I got a ticket every time I did something wrong,... I'd be financing the whole city...
But in this particular case,... I don't think I'm wrong...
The law says,.. it must be readable from 50ft...
I can read it...
Besides,.. at least if I take it to court,.. they'll be earning their money...
You can't imagine how slow I can talk if I want to... I'm going to try to use up at least a thousand bucks worth of court time...
Grin Grin Grin...

Gerry,... expect a summons,... you're my character witness... I want you to tell them about the time I saved that burning kitten that was stuck in that tree on the edge of a cliff in that tornado with a broken foot... Wink...

....but get this,... I saw the frikkin' cop in front of me at the light... I was behind him and falling back, doing 30mph in a 40 zone for 3/4 of a mile... and he did a fast duck into a side street and shot back out with lights on to pull me over...
No way, he saw my plate before he stopped me...
He spent 5 minutes lookin' my bike over and checkin' ID, reg, insurance before he told me why I was stopped...
Total bullshitte!...

Now I'm officially ranting and drunk...
It's not the money,... honest,... I'd gladly pay $135.00 to kick him in the nuts....
Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 10/29/10 at 22:44:05

tornado with a broken foot.

Wuhhh? I dunno if its broken, but it appears to be dangling.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 10/29/10 at 22:48:49

Grin Grin Grin...
Thanks JOG,... expect a summons in the mail,... now you're a character witness too...
Don't worry,.. it'll be fun,... I'll make barbecue... n' beer...
Wink...
PS,... I have a friend that owns a strip club,... Anybody  remember the time I saved that school bus load of cute kids?... and ,... puppies?... Undecided...

IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #22 - 10/30/10 at 02:41:33

...so, btw, what bikes are coppers riding these days?

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 10/30/10 at 05:46:51

don't you know, EVERYBODY breaks at least 4 laws (your mileage may vary) every day, just depends on who they want to ticket and  what they want to enforce.

speaking of stupid laws, how about a fine for the wrong margerine?

http://www.wbaltv.com/r/25508790/detail.html

laws! we need more laws!

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #24 - 10/30/10 at 18:13:59

Serowbot wrote on 10/29/10 at 22:26:15:
The law says,.. it must be readable from 50ft...
I can read it...
Besides,.. at least if I take it to court,.. they'll be earning their money...

A fun way to prepare your case would be to get a video camera and park your bike 50 feet away from where you stop people on the street and ask them "Hey! can you read my license plate over there? What does it say?"  

The video will include several demonstrations of the plate being read at 50 feet, plus a bunch of people looking at you funny and/or running away.  That will make everyone in the courtroom laugh, and at that point the judge is bound to cut you some slack.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #25 - 10/30/10 at 18:36:50

Boule’tard wrote on 10/30/10 at 18:13:59:
A fun way to prepare your case would be to get a video camera and park your bike 50 feet away from where you stop people on the street and ask them "Hey! can you read my license plate over there? What does it say?"  

The video will include several demonstrations of the plate being read at 50 feet, plus a bunch of people looking at you funny and/or running away.  That will make everyone in the courtroom laugh, and at that point the judge is bound to cut you some slack.

... and I'll give them each a dollar... Wink...

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #26 - 11/01/10 at 09:59:12

Serowbot wrote on 10/30/10 at 18:36:50:
Boule’tard wrote on 10/30/10 at 18:13:59:

... and I'll give them each a dollar... Wink...

that sounds good ,I bet that will work.
You never know the judge might be a woman, and from all the rumors
floating around this site, you have a way with the Lady's.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #27 - 11/05/10 at 22:38:13

Ah hah hah ha hah hah!.... Grin...

First of all,... I shot this pic of my bike next to a DP bike, parked in front of the local police depot... the guy works next door , and is parked there every day... There was a cop standing there as I took the picture, 20 ft away, just left of the two SUV's...

Arh, arh arh!.... Grin...
... and second of all,... my buddy found the statute of the citation...
... and it says..." a peace officer shall not stop or issue a citation of this section, unless the peace officer has reasonable cause to believe there is another alleged violation of a motor vehicle law"...
PS... (... and it doesn't say 50ft,.. like the cop told me,... it just says,"clearly visible")...

AHa ha!... I'm either gonna' nail that sucker in court, or kick his nuts in afterward...   'cause he had nothing...
I was going 30mph in a 40 zone (like everybody else following a cop)... in steady traffic... and he was in front of me for the whole time, before ducking back to get behind me, and hitting his lights...  he never even saw my plate, and had no other reason to stop me...

Bastard.!.. I Gottchou Suckka'!... Grin Grin Grin...

Ah hah hah!,.. ah hahhahaha!,.. ah, hah hah hah hah... hah ... hah...  ah?... hah?...Huh....

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #28 - 11/05/10 at 22:45:53

I Say Holmes ,I think you got him.
When do you go to court ?
I wish I lives closer I would come and watch the fun, Any one live close to Serowbot can give him some moral support ?
Anyway good luck mate.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #29 - 11/05/10 at 22:55:50

Grin Grin Grin  Thanks Mick... Wink...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:49:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › Just got a  #!!$&*%@!!  ticket!...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.