Chain (Read 112 times)
Edgar

Are you a lucky
little lady in the
city of light?

San Diego
Chain
10/28/10 at 01:37:53

I know this is a long shot, but is there anyone from the lancer/verslagen cam chain group buy that maybe has an extra one of those bionic chains for sale???

Stay Frosty.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Chain
Reply #1 - 10/28/10 at 02:18:29

My new chain is soaking in oil, in a jar, hanging up in the shop. Waiting for the current chain to get sloppy. Im not planning on selling it. Ive no idea if anyone bought 2.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Edgar

Are you a lucky
little lady in the
city of light?

San Diego
Reply #2 - 10/28/10 at 11:18:16

darn. Guess I was just a year late. So are stock Suzuki chains the only other option? My 86 is at 24k miles so I wanna change it out since I don't know how good the PO took care of it

Stay Frosty.
  IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #3 - 10/28/10 at 20:55:51

As told on here, even though the chain adjuster is nearly all the way out the chain is still in spec if I remember correctly. Add several thousand miles to its life by doing the adjuster mod or buying one from on here. If you look at the pictures in this forum of the piece and want to try it yourself it doesn't look like it would be that hard, especially if you know a good welder and have them do the job. Still cheaper than a new chain.

I'm getting ready to get my hands into learning to weld this winter. So look out world, there's going to be sparks flying and a bunch of ugly metal work about to be born.

Jack

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 10/29/10 at 03:33:37

Putting a new chain guide in changed the adjuster extension quite a bit. Blasted thing was about 60 bucks IIRC.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 19:30:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Chain

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.