What's on your mind? (Read 442 times)
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: What's on your mind?
Reply #15 - 10/26/10 at 16:37:18

weracerc wrote on 10/26/10 at 11:51:13:
exactly - i figured if a doofus couldnt see a freakin white ford excursion and pulled out right in front of that - i better get the brightest thing i can find to wear while riding - so now i look like a hi/viz ford excursion = mass that is, well close enough.

The operational word in that text is doofus.  It explains it all, color may not make a difference to a doofus.  It merely means doofus will see you before pulling out in front of you.

Phelonius Angry

Phelonius
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #16 - 10/27/10 at 02:28:58

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 10/26/10 at 09:58:23:
babyhog wrote on 10/26/10 at 09:16:32:
Been a bit boring lately, what's up with everyone?  What are you working on? thinking about? fretting over? etc, etc??

Well, I have been working on a Jedi costume for Halloween as well as trying to write a script for a Star Wars fan film I have been wanting to make for years now. My biggest problem however is that I keep putting more characters than I have friends to play them.  Embarrassed Embarrassed

By the way, when you make clothing be sure to pre-wash the fabric or when you go to wash it it is liable to shrink. (just found that out the hard way. Costume is now almost too small for me because how much it shrank when I dyed and washed it. oops)

Sounds cool!  Are you going to enter it in that contest that AtomFilms has every year?  If you do, let me know, I like to check those out; some filmed better than some of the stuff on TV. Grin
Not all fabric will shrink, or at least I've always been lucky.  I've got 4 or 5 shirts I've made for blackpowder re-enactments, and the only one that ever "shrunk" is the one from back in high school.  For some reason it just keeps shrinking to the point I can barely get in it anymore! Roll Eyes

As to what I'm doing, thinking about cooking up a steak and corn on the cob for supper (yes at 3am).  What I should be doing?  Cleaning the house since next week the landlord is bringing in someone to get an estimate on ductless heating.  No more crummy baseboard heater tripling my electric bill in the winter, woohoo! Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #17 - 10/27/10 at 06:39:01

John_D FSO wrote on 10/27/10 at 02:28:58:
Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 10/26/10 at 09:58:23:
Well, I have been working on a Jedi costume for Halloween as well as trying to write a script for a Star Wars fan film I have been wanting to make for years now. My biggest problem however is that I keep putting more characters than I have friends to play them.  Embarrassed Embarrassed

By the way, when you make clothing be sure to pre-wash the fabric or when you go to wash it it is liable to shrink. (just found that out the hard way. Costume is now almost too small for me because how much it shrank when I dyed and washed it. oops)

Sounds cool!  Are you going to enter it in that contest that AtomFilms has every year?  If you do, let me know, I like to check those out; some filmed better than some of the stuff on TV. Grin
Not all fabric will shrink, or at least I've always been lucky.  I've got 4 or 5 shirts I've made for blackpowder re-enactments, and the only one that ever "shrunk" is the one from back in high school.  For some reason it just keeps shrinking to the point I can barely get in it anymore! Roll Eyes

That was my intention. In fact I have been wanting to submit a fan film for that contest ever since that contest started.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 10/27/10 at 06:51:44

Yep, wash and iron the cloth before cutting & sewing. Dont you read your patterns? Dont you have a book on sewing?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #19 - 10/27/10 at 07:39:39

On my mind is making a move out of NJ. Leaving for Pa. in a few minutes to check out some cities. We'll stay in Easton for 3 days (grand Eastonian Tmack, call we'll have lunch) and some of the surrounding towns. Raining when we get there, so probably take a ride to Cabela's to stock up on on sale ammo Cool.

I hope that we find somewhere in Pa. that we want to live. I've had enough of this state Angry

FSO
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #20 - 10/27/10 at 07:44:04

What's not working for you in NJ?

IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #21 - 10/27/10 at 07:50:18

Nice piece of land there BH, sounds like you have a fun project to keep you busy. Glad to see so many with worthy projects for the fall and winter. As for me, my bike's down and the repair money went to pay the wife's doctor bills. Probably down about a month yet. Tongue That said, I WILL be riding again shortly!!!
  Working on the house and considering a new business. That'll keep me busy for awhile! Still checking in from time to time, but not on the site much! Hoping to see this site stay on the lighter side. It IS still a motorcycle forum for the greatest little secret bike out there! Let the rest of the world wring it's hands, we'll be dusting our frustrations out on the road!  Wink

Ride safe!

Dan

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #22 - 10/27/10 at 07:53:37

Arnold wrote on 10/27/10 at 07:44:04:
What's not working for you in NJ?

Where do I start? Taxes, people, road rage etc. If you want to buy a modest home in my town, say $350,000 or so, expect to pay over $6000 a year in property taxes. Could get a lot more bang for the buck across the river.

I'm on the road Smiley

FSO
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #23 - 10/27/10 at 07:56:42

I figured you'd say that, same thing I hear from pretty much everyone who's left. I like NY better but the taxes are ridiculous in Westchester.

IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #24 - 10/27/10 at 10:19:45

Today is riding around in 80 degree HUMID weather, and after the office work it is sewing or dance every single nite. Tudor costumes and ballet costumes...I have Nutcracker and Madrigal dance performances and no free days between now and Dec 15. Seriously!
Here is what was done last weekend, more of the same this weekend.

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #25 - 10/27/10 at 10:49:03

Cool stuff!  See, I knew we weren't as boring as it seemed to be around here!  LOL

Looks like we have several people who sew....  whoda thunk it?   Wink  

My mother is a quilter and I watched her sew all the time when I was very young.  I learned to sew in school and from her, and bought my first machine when I got married the first time, 23 year ago, finally bought a new one last summer.  I sure wish I had more time to sew!!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #26 - 10/27/10 at 11:13:52

I must say i was in awe as I watched wifey sew up the raw edge on the Big Bird pants.....i stood in line at Walmart on black friday 3 years ago to buy that sewing machine - it finally paid off.....wife got madd skillz with the sewing machine.....lucky she has not sewed my mouth shut, right?! Grin

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
FlybysBlvd

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus, OH
Reply #27 - 10/28/10 at 08:40:30

Working - Riding - trying to get to Baby Hog's neck of the woods or just over into West by God before it gets to cold, would love to do an overnighter this weekend down around Marietta, Oh and get over into WV.  Have electrics will RIDE!   Grin

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #28 - 10/28/10 at 12:45:00

Photojoe -

Why not get off of the East Coast altogether, and come to the midwest?

For $350,000 here you can have a 4,000 square foot home in the country with 5 acres to mow.  Of if you're like me, for your wife to mow.

Seriously, I'd never live on the east coast, unless it were in North Carolina or farther south.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #29 - 10/28/10 at 13:37:36

Added sound effects to my lightsaber video. Still need some practice in synchronizing sound to video though.

And soon I will have yet another new lightsaber to show everyone.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 11:49:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › What's on your mind?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.