Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: My Kind of Justice
Reply #15 - 10/25/10 at 21:10:05

mpescatori wrote on 10/25/10 at 12:40:31:
Phelonius wrote on 10/25/10 at 10:30:04:
When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

Phelonius

My thoughts exactly.

My own two cents:
1) Two illegals made it all the way from the Mexican border to Montana and were stopped by a school age girl ? So much for Police efficiency ...  Tongue
2) So the girl pointed (you do NOT aim from a waist-high hold) and shot her daddy's 12 gauge ?  Angry
Honestly, now, has anybody ever fired a 12ga.?
IF the girl really was a clay pigeon champ (trap or skeet? there's no such thing as "clay pigeon shooting championsip, it's either trap or skeet") she would use a .410, aka 36ga.

A 12ga. cartridge holds ... 3, maybe 4 times the weight in lead you find in a 36ga., and the powder is likewise much stringer.

The shotgun should have recoiled out of her grip, or seriously hampered her ability to fire a second round.

Of course, there's no anesthetic like fear & adrenalin, so she possibly didn't feel a thing until the Police came and she calmed down.

Just the same, it sounds a bit too tall a story.  Undecided

The only part of the story not true is the line that says she shot him with buckshot.

The story originally ran in the American Rifleman years ago.
Because of the recoil, I suspect she would have used a trap load that she was accustomed to.  At point blank indoor distance it is still devastating to flesh.  I also doubt that she fired from the hip, I would bet she shouldered it as she was trained to do.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #16 - 10/25/10 at 21:39:25

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #17 - 10/26/10 at 02:36:19

Snopes is about as accurate as wikipedia...lol

Whats nice now here in MO serowbot is we now have the castle law as many other states do. We no longer have a duty to retreat in our homes or vehicles. You get in the vehicle unannouced or try to remove its driver, or enter a home uninvited you CAN be shot right then and there. They still like you to have a reasonable fear for your life but your no longer required to be certain of immenent death or retreat until you can retreat no farther.

Yes lawyers will try to use those signs and bumper stickers against you. Just as they will if you have a beware of dog sign and someone gets bit by your dog.

As for a jury? Ill take my judgement by 12 over being carried by 6 any day.

IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #18 - 10/26/10 at 09:16:52

Wolfman wrote on 10/26/10 at 02:36:19:

I remember when my son was a little boy and I had to tell him the truth about the Easter Bunny. He had about the same reaction.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #19 - 10/26/10 at 10:26:55

Wolfman wrote on 10/26/10 at 02:36:19:

Can you point to an instance where Snopes is wrong?...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #20 - 10/26/10 at 12:21:50

My home defense weapon is a wife who at age 62 still has 20/15 vision and who can shoot the eyes out of a sparrow at 20 yards with her Webley .380.

Only problem is - I sure have to behave.

If you use a pistol for a home defense weapon, several cops gave me some hints back when I was a prosecutor, right out of law school.

With a revolver, have the chamber under the hammer empty, along with the one next to it so you can make a mistake without killing an innocent.

Then have rounds in the next two chambers and no more.

Reason - if you don't hit teh bad guy in those three pulls of the trigger (one for the empty chamber and the next two loaded chambers), you probably won't hit him at alll, because by then he is on you.

If the gun is then empty, he can't overpower you and shoot you with it.

Makes sense to me.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #21 - 10/26/10 at 14:06:46

I have guns but none are loaded so If someone came in I couldn't do anything,I've only had guns the last 15 years,But I do live in a pretty tame area,Never locked a door at night till I lived with my X gf,She wanted them locked.I did have a couple of 22s when I was young but left at my folks house when I got married.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #22 - 10/26/10 at 18:53:11

i hear stories about places where folks dont lock their doors - Canada for one comes to mind - I also hear they dont dwell on the negative things that happen - here in the US all the news is about bad stuff for the most part - kinda makes folks feel like they HAVE TO lock up everything.......i'd rather feel safer and feel like i have the option of not locking - but where I live there are home invasions in our area and the numbers keep going up - it would be stupid not to lock and or be prepared...just hope there is never a need to defend.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #23 - 10/26/10 at 19:53:57

weracerc wrote on 10/26/10 at 18:53:11:
 just hope there is never a need to defend.

Personal defense is like fire insurance. Hopefully you'll never need it but it's foolish not to carry it Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #24 - 10/26/10 at 19:56:07

check pm race rc

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #25 - 10/26/10 at 22:41:34

I'm ashamed to say I never lock my front door,and I allways leave my keys in my car, not my Miata that is inside locked up.
so if you need a car you know where to come, after you get by the dog.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #26 - 10/27/10 at 05:09:53

mick wrote on 10/26/10 at 22:41:34:
I'm ashamed to say I never lock my front door,and I allways leave my keys in my car, not my Miata that is inside locked up.
so if you need a car you know where to come, after you get by the dog.

Attaway to go, Mick, your comment is the first sensible thing I read in many a post !

No offense to you other gentlemen, but with my "Yooropean" perspective... you guys are waaay too aggressive.

Please do NOT think you are the only ones with house burglars etc., we have East Europeans who come to Italy, France, Germany on purpose because often an Italian/German jail is actually more comfortable than the house they live in, back in Moldova/ Ukraine/ Romania... but that doesn't mean we can just draw & shoot, quite the opposite.

The comment about using a .410 for domestic protection is a popular and wise piece of advice I found in Guns&Ammo way back in 1982-84 and it exlpained the columns of pellets fired from a .410 was just as long, but much narrower than a 12/ga shot of the same caliber pellets - hence, better penetration across plasterboard but still not as lethal as larger bores.

As for the story of the "teenage Annie Oakley", I still object that daddy's shotgun would most probably be compatible to the girl's sports gun, any more than the car sitting in your driveway is compatible to Junior's kart used on Saturday Track days.

Last comment: I once saw a film where an old, wisened burglar told his young "trainee" partner "never ever carry a weapon"
"Why not?"
"They catch you in the house, it's breaking and entering - a few years; they catch you with a knife ior a gnu, it's attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon, if you're lucky you get life."
"If you're not lucky?"
"You get shot"

I think it was either Sean Connery or Dustin Hoffman playing the old burglar.
Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #27 - 10/27/10 at 05:52:31

connery

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 10/27/10 at 18:38:36

Ruger Mini 14.  Nato rounds or 223. Short barrel, semi auto.

Cujo, Zombies from Night of the Living Dead, Osama bin Laden or the ghost of Saddam will all run from the Mini.

IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 10/27/10 at 20:22:10

WebsterMark wrote on 10/27/10 at 18:38:36:
Ruger Mini 14.  Nato rounds or 223. Short barrel, semi auto.

Cujo, Zombies from Night of the Living Dead, Osama bin Laden or the ghost of Saddam will all run from the Mini.

Cujo won't , you will have to put him down.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 04:12:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › My Kind of Justice

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.