Send Topic Print
winter coming (Read 156 times)
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

winter coming
10/24/10 at 15:52:21

Winter coming on, brrr.  It's already down to 82 degrees at the high point of the day, and a frigid 74 at night!
http://bikepics.com/pictures/2085720/
http://bikepics.com/pictures/2085727/
http://bikepics.com/pictures/2085726/

Phelonius Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: winter coming
Reply #1 - 10/24/10 at 16:02:44

Maybe time to break out the t-shirt?... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 10/24/10 at 16:13:33

yes, I'm almost ready to change back to rotsyn   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #3 - 10/24/10 at 17:23:06

Phelonius wrote on 10/24/10 at 15:52:21:
Winter coming on, brrr.  It's already down to 82 degrees at the high point of the day, and a frigid 74 at night!
http://bikepics.com/pictures/2085720/
http://bikepics.com/pictures/2085727/
http://bikepics.com/pictures/2085726/

Phelonius Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

their will come a time in the not so distant future you will pray for a nice cold wet evening around the fire drinking hot toddies. You cant beat 4 seasons. Like all vacation destinations they are great to come home from.  Aloha

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 10/24/10 at 23:05:06

Ah, sure.  Just like I miss the snow and slush and sleet I grew up in Detroit.

WWW   IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #5 - 10/25/10 at 00:04:57

New seasons and changes ain't too bad considering the alternative Wink

IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 10/25/10 at 10:33:47

I note that all the positive posts about winter come from folks who live in the sunnier climates, not from places like frostbite falls.

Phelonius Roll Eyes

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #7 - 10/25/10 at 14:04:00

Got to take the good with the bad. Winter has its good points. NO bugs, hunting seasons, scenery(nothing like a walk in the woods with a fresh blanket of snow on a full moon), USUALY no tornados.

Dont know if i could live in hawaii. The nice weather and bikinis would be grand for awhile.
Dad was stationed at pearl for awhile in WWII, said he loved it at first but the weather got real boreing after awhile. Said it was a nice place to visit but he would'nt want to live there.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #8 - 10/25/10 at 14:09:35

Christmas without snow I just couldn't think of it,When people came over from the old country they could have stayed in the south,But they didn't.I'm dreaming of a White Christmas. With out 4 seasons must be like living in hell.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #9 - 10/25/10 at 18:37:34

I joke about being jealous of Hawaii also, but honestly, I love the weather changes here in West Virginia.  We have hot in the summer, sometimes pushing 100 degrees; and cold winters, but rarely below zero.  Temperatures can swing 40 degrees in the same day, at some times of the year.  I complain more about the cold because I am cold by nature, but I enjoy the fall and winter, for the few months that it lasts (which includes hunting season and Christmas, which wouldn't be the same for me without being cold and even some snowfall).  So I think I'm in the perfect climate zone for me!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #10 - 10/25/10 at 19:05:32

Being born as raised in Florida, it was hard to think of it being Christmas when in shorts and tee-shirts and temps in the 70's in Dec..
Now after living here for over 30 years, I know what a white christmas is. I also get to experience the changing of the 4 seasons.
I do get tired of the rain at times and someday may leave here yet for now I am here and getting ready for another winter.
Flannel sheets are on the bed, snuggled in my flannel jammies and hot coco.. Awwww Smiley kim

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 10/26/10 at 03:27:32

I used to live in Hawaii for a bit and found the weather great if not a bit boring because it's always the same. But what I find hard to believe is that people back east and down south in the states can live and work in all that humidity. Rode thru Illinois on my savage in may on a warm day and the sweat dripping off me washed my bike. It seriously reminded me of being in a sauna. Out here in Oregon, you hardly break a sweat til it's 90. Portland is a pretty cool place to live. In the summer when its 95 degrees in the city, you can either go 70 miles to the west and go to the beach which is always cooler or go west 80 miles and go snow skiing. Even in July. Love it here

IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #12 - 10/27/10 at 08:19:01

+1 Wolfman, Got to take the good with the bad. Winter snows and cold mean better fishing and fewer bugs in the spring! Wet springs mean better crops, but usually more humidity in the summer. Hotter summers can mean longer riding seasons and better fall colors. Better falls mean a shorter winter, better wine harvest (so they tell me) and happier wives who put up with our riding addictions etc  Grin
 Some thirty years ago, when I was considering my first move out of state, my Dad hit me with a one line quote that has stuck with me ever since. "Have you ever considered that if there was ONE perfect place to live, everybody would be there by now?" Back then, I thought he was nuts, or at least, just didn't want me to leave. I have long since found the wisdom of his statement and wish he would have been around longer.
 Where ever you all come from, I'm glad you made it HERE! I've come to enjoy the company and the wide diversity of riders attracted to this site and the many ideas about riding, gear, modifications and perspectives.

Ride Safe!

Dan

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 10/27/10 at 10:38:11

Okay, just so you don't all come here, It is drizzling this morning and down to a frigid 70 degrees. It is expected to be a frosty 65 tonight.
Maybe I will have to close the windows!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #14 - 10/27/10 at 11:35:43

We're all still "a little" jealous of ya Phelonius. Enjoy your new digs and keep us posted.

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 08:37:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › winter coming

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.